You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: She Follows Me

Real Ghost Stories

She Follows Me

 

Where do I begin? Since I was a little girl living in Oklahoma, strange occurrences happened. I have parents that would always tell me ghosts weren't real and so I eventually excused occurrences and ignored them, or at least tried to.

From what I can remember it started with an old antique piano we'd gotten when I was four. I loved the piano. Although out of tune it taught me everything I know how to play and I became quite good at playing by ear. The only problem is, when I was alone and ONLY when I was alone it would once in a while play. Not an entire song but just a key or two. The cover would be on every time. Because it only happened when I was alone, my parents didn't believe me and my brothers would call me a liar.

Finally, one day my dad mentioned someone was knocking on the bathroom door one day while us kids were at school and my mom explained she hadn't done it. Those knocks happened to me and my brothers, as well as my best friend for the next few years. Still my parents were in denial, but my brothers now started to believe something strange was happening.

I turned 14 when my brothers were gone serving our country and my parents and I moved to Alaska. I figured all those strange things would stop, but they didn't. Twice I looked down the hallway to my parents' bedroom and saw a dark tiny silhouette I thought to be a child. Very startled, I ran to my mom and told her. I expected her to laugh but she didn't. She looked me in the eye and told me that one morning a week before she woke up to a girl's whisper in her ear saying "mom". She said she woke up and laid in bed wide awake thinking it was a dream, when it happened again. That's when I assumed 'it' was a girl.

Despite changing the batteries, the doorbell seemed to ring once or twice a month at random times of the day or night. Even with the heater cranked up, we began to feel cold spots when walking around the house. This spirit never seemed to be dangerous, but it was still creepy to experience all these things.

I will never forget the summer my brother's in-laws and three younger kids came to stay with us for a week while they moved up to Alaska for a job transfer. They needed a place to stay until they closed on their house so, of course, we let them stay. I'll never forget the mom coming upstairs to tell me and my mom she woke up because she thought her youngest daughter was whispering "mom" in her ear. We never told her about my own mom's experience to this day because we didn't want to spook her.

After that summer I decided to move out and became so busy with two jobs, school, and the social scene that I was only home to sleep. A few nights I would wake up to what felt like a cat walking on the edge of my bed, but, I had no cat. I had no pets. It would happen quite often until I finally told a coworker that was into the paranormal stuff. She advised I be verbally firm with her and tell her I didn't want her here and to leave. That's actually when things became a little more hostile and scary.

About two to three weeks went by and I was having no disturbances. I asked my mom if she had anything happen back at home and she replied that things have been peaceful. It was that night, at about 4am that my iPod dock had gone off downstairs extremely loud, the volume was all the way up playing. I told myself that maybe it had something to do with the outlet and let it go. On one rare night that both my roommate and I were home together, we decided to watch TV downstairs when we heard our sink running upstairs. She was spooked but I think I had experienced so much that it was nothing to me. By now, this spirit would knock down my floral decorations a few times a month and it was actually annoying me.

I eventually met my husband who moved in and bought me a cat to see if maybe having an animal around would help. He would only sit and stare at random areas of the house, which would actually creep me out more than before. We eventually got married and moved to his home state of Hawaii after leaving active duty and going reserve. We settled into an old tiny apartment until we got back onto our feet.

I actually thought to myself, "Nothing can haunt me in 700 square feet of space." Wrong. I was very wrong. She had followed me, and now my husband started to experience things. That same floral decoration from Alaska would still fall over. He began experiencing hostile dreams of something dark hovering over him and paralyzing him in his sleep. We had only one closet in the apartment, and the door would often rattle. Finally, for the first time ever I felt in danger.

I was sitting at the table eating ice cream with my husband close by on the couch when I felt a strong breath and groan in my ear. It was so loud I screamed and nearly fell out of my chair. I burst into tears and couldn't explain what had happened. This happened two more times until the end our lease, and the most exciting news of our baby. July 2013, I found out I was pregnant and we needed to find a new place fast. I also had three stepchildren and we needed more rooms.

We settled into the house I'm living in now which sits across the water of Pearl Harbor. Things began to pick up almost immediately. The third night at the new house, while my husband was taking night classes at a college leaving me home alone, I was about to step into the backyard when the front door knocked three times. It was almost nine and I thought it to be late for a salesman and none of my husband's family had told me they'd be stopping by. I opened the door to nothing but the darkness of the night. That only happened once, so far.

We both began to have paralyzing dreams of being unable to move by something forceful, forcing us to look at one area as it grew darker and darker. Often times I wouldn't be able to tell if I were dreaming or if it were real because I would dream of it happening in bed only to wake up in the same position, staring at the same area. It was like something was holding me down by the neck. It would leave me feeling exhausted the next morning, on top of being pregnant. I would start to get a few bruises here and there when I would wake up, but blamed it from low iron because of the pregnancy.

My husband started blessing the house regularly using holy water from his dad, who is a pastor, and burning dried sage. As we started to get the nursery together upon finding out it was a boy. I nailed up a cross my mom had sent to me that had "Bless our baby boy". We put it up on the bedroom door only to hear a loud crash the next day and found it on the floor. The nail was still in the door. I wasn't taking any chances and took every decoration close to the crib off the wall. After having the baby in April of 2014, I found it easier to keep him in a bassinet off to the side of my bed.

Babies cry a lot so I didn't find it strange that he would wake up and cry, except that this cry was a scream. He would turn red and scream out, almost like he was in pain. I started finding myself holding him all night long and would sleep sitting up with him just so we could both get rest. He began to only sleep soundly when in my arms.

One night, I had another paralyzing dream. In my dream I was sitting up in bed with my baby boy in my arms just like in real life, with my eyes fixed on a corner in my closet. This corner began to grow black, and I began to feel the tightness around my neck. I really wasn't sure if it were a dream or real life and so it took every bit of energy in me to put my hand over my baby's head to try and protect him from anything harming him. That was only one month ago.

I really can't say this was a dream or not. My husband had a similar dream a week before I gave birth, but saw a silhouette of a girl on his side of the bed. But like my dream, he couldn't move or speak and woke up feeling like it was real.

My breaking point and need for help happened tonight as we got up from the table after eating dinner. Absolutely no one was near the table as I cleared the plates off of it when the chair moved by itself.

I feel helpless and afraid she will hurt my baby, if she hasn't already. I won't let him sleep alone, my stepkids are getting scared and won't leave their lights off, and even our dog growls and barks at nothing in the house.

We have blessed our house many times and I have come to feel like it's me that she is following. I don't know if she is being playful or if she intends to harm, and I don't know where she came from or why. All I know is, I can't get her to leave.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Hawaii

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, naokismommy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-25)
Naokismommy- I can't help but feel there 2 entities. One is the little girl and another could possibly not be a spirit but something else. I'm not sure if you're religious of or not, however I am not but I do pray in the name of Goodness. Pray to whatever gives you strength and believe in it as you pray. As your guardians to watch over you and protect you. Pray ny time you feel you need to. There's no need for setting up or anything, just do it in your head or even out loud. I hope you get help, and I wish you and your family all the best.
ADCJ (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-24)
sorry floral decorations, not picture... My mistake, I'm sorry
ADCJ (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-24)
you mentioned the picture, why not try getting rid of it and see if it goes away? Wishing you and your family good luck and all the best. Congratulations on your baby boy by the way!
didge246 (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-23)
maybe she is trying to warn you of something or someone? Cause just the way it sounds its like she is trying to get you to realise something!
supernatural11 (8 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-23)
your house before but tragically died*

Hope everything Is okay

- Supernatural11
supernatural11 (8 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-23)
I think you should ask her to leave. She obviously needs to go into the light but may need help to do so. Maybe she thinks your her sister or something and she lived in your first how before but tragically died. Maybe you should call a medium to see if she could contact it and try and get her to leave. I hope things work out for you and your family and you guys are safe. Let her know your not scared and try to reason with the ghost!

- Supernatural11
The_Dark_Knight (2 stories) (20 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-06-23)
It's hard to say if this is the same entity from when you were younger. It seems to be getting more and more hostile as you get older. I would install cameras in the most active areas of the house, and call a paranormal team in to investigate. Good luck to you and show no fear.
wblmomma2 (1 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-06-22)
Is sounds like it could be the same spirit/entity following you. I'd suggest contacting a real spiritual advisor/paranormal expert for help.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-22)
If this is the same entity that's been around since you were 4, she's proven to be strong willed. Whatever means you use to get her out will probably have to be repeated more than once. Sage smoke has always worked well for me, but for the stubborn entities I've had to repeat the smoke cleansing a couple times.
Has your father in law taken an active role in helping with this? I know it isn't always easy to convince someone who isn't actually living with the activity that something is going on, but he might be able to help or know someone who can.
I think if this entity was capable of doing any real harm it would've done so long ago. It seems like it can't do more than just play mind games. It isn't easy to put fear aside, but I believe that's your best course of action. Do your best to stop showing fear, your fear is the only real power it has over you. There is always a solution to any problem, paranormal or otherwise, and until you find the solution to this try to put on a brave face.
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-06-22)
naokismommy, I do understand why you feel afraid, especially with a baby and children to protect from something you do not understand. I do not know if this is the same entity as from when you were 4, however children, especially babies are sensitive to our moods. If we're scared, they're scared, and entities tend to feed off our fears. So, you really need to put on a brave face for the kids. I would think if it truly intended harm to you or yours, then something more than these scare tactics would have happened by now. So, take heart!
There's a poster on here, Rookydegin (not sure I spelled that right) who has a home cleansing recipe on his profile, it also includes instructions on how to create personal protection shields. Many on here have tried it and have really raved about the results. Http://www.yourghoststories.com/user-profile.php?user=8155
Melanie21 (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-22)
Maybe she wants to talk to you and tell you something important through your dream.
It would be a big help to ask for a paranormal expert so that you will know what she wants
Ghost_adventures_fan (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-22)
With my experience, I would try to apologise and reason, basically talk out loud, I honestly don't think it tries to harm you, just scare you to show you she's in charge.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: