You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Beach Horror

Real Ghost Stories

Beach Horror

 

This experience happened in 2008. When I was still with my ex-girlfriend back then.

We went to Puerto Galera, a popular tourist destination here every summer for a 3 day and 2 night's vacation. We searched online and found this Beach Resort that fit our budget at time (Resorts are quite expensive when its summer season because it's a peak season). We actually thought that we had a good deal with the room that we got. I mean the room could accommodate at least 8 persons.

It was very large with a dining area, our own living room with plasma TV, complete bathroom amenities and such and the place had its own pool and a bar. However the beach front was a good 5-7 walk from the beach resort and you had to go through some really spooky trees.

The day that we arrived we were quite surprised because the place only had a few visitors just us, a couple and a family that was situated in the first floor while we were the only ones in the 2nd floor. So the day went good we went to the beach and did some activities and had some lunch in one of the cafes there. We went back at around 8pm and decided to have dinner at the resort. After that we drank a little and went to our room at around 10pm. Then all the weird stuff happened while we were preparing to sleep.

Suddenly the door in the bathroom opened there was no draft or breeze. We shrugged it off at first, but at around 2am in the morning while we were sleeping I awoke to my girlfriend screaming. I saw her halfway in the bed. I pulled her up and asked her what happened. She told me that she was dreaming about 3 hooded figures that were trying to pull her away into some dark place when she woke up she felt a pair of hands pull her from under the sheets. I was calming her down when we saw something bump into the window. It looked like a large bird trying to get inside our room from the window. It lasted for about 10 seconds and then it was gone.

We were both scared at that time so what we did was to pull out the pocket bible and say a prayer. While we were praying the bathroom door opened then closed by itself. We had a feeling of dread but as we finished the Lord's Prayer it seemed that every negative feeling in the room disappeared. When dawn broke we went outside and onto the beach and spent the whole day there.

Has anyone experienced something like this? I am not sure if this is a ghost or some other entity.

Thanks for reading and hoping for a reply

Other hauntings by Laurenti

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Laurenti, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

bluntforcetrauma (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-07)
Never heard of anything that bad in Galera. Hope you guys are ok!
OceanBlueRN (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-18)
Dang that sounds terrifying! 😨 I have never encountered anything weird while staying in a hotel thankfully (knock on wood). Bad things like murder and suicide happen in hotel rooms or maybe it's just the location... Who knows.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-18)
Hi, Laurenti... Creepy story... This is the reason I choose hotel rooms carefully while outing. Sushantkar is right sanjubhat has also written the same incident like this. Here is the link of the story.

Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=6679

Regards,
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-15)
Hi Laurenti! Must be very scary. I had redden similar kind of a story 'The beach haunting' (though I am not sure about the title of the story so please pardon me for that) and the author was Sanju Bhatt. That story was too like yours, his friend's wife had gone mad in a beach side hotel where she was captured by some kind of an evil entity.
I think what you girl friend had seen that night must be some kind of demon.
In India, tales said that tantriks (shamans) can call big birds like vultures with the help of black magics which often leads to death of that person who sees it.
I hope both you and your girl friend are safe by now.
May god bless you ❤
Sonya (9 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-15)
wow that is really scary, I have never heard of this before. Was it a haunted hotel?
BaiAnina (3 stories) (41 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-15)
Woah, that was intense...

Hmm... You mentioned that you had to go through some spooky trees to get to the beach. Did you say "tabi tabi po" when you passed by those trees? You might have offended an elemental, or several of them, when you passed by. I understand that Puerto is a developed place but then again any place has its history, and some spirits might still not be used to visitors or simply mischievous. I could be wrong but in the Phils., it's not hard to imagine. Be cautious next time 😊
girlcatblox (16 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-14)
The spirits must've tried to distract you in the prayers so you wouldn't complete them. 😕
Laurenti (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-14)
[at] bluemer04 - I actually haven't researched about the place but yes it is far from white beach around 5 - 10 minute walk

[at] lady-glow I hope that it wasn't paranormal as well but thinking about that night always gives me the creeps
bluemer04 (1 stories) (58 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-13)
I agree with lady-glow. It would be best to check the history of the place. Have you tried to search online, there might be an answer. Is it very far from White Beach or Tamarraw beach? I've been there a lot of times, luckily that never happened to me and friends.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-13)
That was quite a night! Though I'm not sure it was paranormal in nature.
Your girlfriend could had been having a nightmare or a vivid dream and thought someone was pulling her off the bed because that is what she was dreaming about at that moment. The bird on the window, well, wildlife is abundant in tropical places.
Waking up in the middle of the night to your girlfriend's screams would had been enough to set your nerves off and pair these to the horror of her dreams and you get a perfect recipe for a "feeling of dread".

Have you checked the history of the place? Do you know if somebody else has experienced something similar in that place?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: