You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Followed Home

Real Ghost Stories

Followed Home

 

This is going to be a long story but I believe it will make me feel better sharing it, for I know many people have had many encounters with supernatural entities and unexplainable experiences.

This is a story that started during in the summer of 2008. At the time I was a college student, pursuing my undergraduate degree from the University. That summer, a close friend of mine and I worked for a pre-college summer program as dorm counselors.

Working as a dorm counselor can be rewarding but it can also be hectic and full of headaches, especially if the program you are working for is really disorganized or has students who do not want to be there.

Well, one day, one of my students left home without letting anyone know (it was a summer camp so people can't just go home because they wanted to). By the time I found out, it was late at night. I had to call her parents, only to find out that she was at home and that she was picked up by them during the day (they never checked her out so no one knew she was gone). However, her parents were not happy about the call (it was a late night phone call) and demanded a meeting with the program director.

The whole situation got me really upset so I called my friend (the one working there but was on a different floor). She came down to comfort me and hear me out. As I was telling her about what happened on the phone, she cut me off and asked, "Is that your student?" I turned around to look but only saw the door closing at the end of the hallway where the staircase was. Without saying a word, we both rushed to the staircase, trying to catch 'this girl.' Just so you know, a lot of the participants tend to sneak out at night into each other's rooms. My friend, being faster than me, started going down the stairs while I went up the stairs. I only needed to go up two floors because the rest of the floors were not in use. I checked both floors and its counselors but they all claimed that their girls were in their respective rooms and that they haven't seen anyone leaving or coming. My friend too, checked with every floor and none of the counselors saw the girl she saw (with a white towel wrapped around her hair, appear to be medium/darker skin colored). We even brought it up during the meeting but no one saw the girl we were talking about.

That night, after the meeting, a girl was rushed to the hospital because her hair spray bottle had fallen of the shelf and sprayed her in the eye. Her counselor needed to go with her so I was called to do rounds, meaning every so often myself and one other person will have to go from floor to floor checking, making sure no one was sneaking out. The rounds finished at around 2AM.

After working the rounds, I returned to my room and fell deep asleep as you can imagine what a day it was. I slept well until maybe 6 AM when I was awaken by what sounded like someone sliding their feet across the floor in my room. At that very moment I tried to open my eyes and turned to face the door (where the sound was coming from) but something, which felt like someone, held me down. I was on my side (in the process of turning) unable to move though, my mind was going crazy. I remembered during this incident, I can hear my inside voice telling me to 'just say something' or 'just move a finger,' so that I can break free. Whatever it was that was holding me down was really strong. I was pretty scared, for I have never experience such a thing, but when it started laughing, I got more scared. It was a female/girl (about college age or bit younger) and she was really enjoying the moment. I even remembered her taunting me to open my eyes and look at her, I was too scared. I eventually broke free after a few minutes of praying and was able to get up.

That morning, I told my friend about the incident and she told me that at around the same time she was awaken by a very similar sound to the one I described but instead of turning to see where it was coming from, she got up. When she got up, she saw nothing and thought that it may have been the wind blowing against her stick notes but she didn't go back to sleep because she felt 'strange.'

The days after that incident, we both switched off and on sleeping with each other. For the most nights we were not disturbed however, one time we were so tired and decided to take a nap in my room when all of the students had gone off to class. At the time, we had another counselor who likes to hang around us and had decided to join us on our little nap. She dreamt, while napping with us that a girl kept on coming into the room asking her to move and to stop sleeping next to her friend. She woke up half way off the bed.

We tried not to think much of it but I decided to call home to tell my mom about the incident. My mom told me to go outside, find a branch, take it to my room and sweep the whole room while saying, 'This is not your sleeping place, this is not your dwelling place, please leave,' then to throw the branch outside. I did this to both mine and my friend's room. By this time, the camp was already coming to an end. After the camp, I moved back home.

I was living in an apartment with a few friends but the lease was, too, coming to an end so I went back home. However, something else came home with me too. At home, I continued to experience this so called sleep paralysis from the same entity that bothered me in the dorm. The strange thing was, when I don't have sleep paralysis, I dream a very similar dream and always wake up in fear. My dreams often go something like this, I am somewhere and a friend of mine would show up. This friend would then become very possessive of me, sometimes she would be in love with me... She would not let me go or let me out of her sight. By the middle of the dream, I would realize that she is not human meaning she is dead because no one around me would see her or else I would see the friend that she is posing as. Then for the rest of the dream, I will be trying to escape her (gently) without alarming her that I know she is dead and in the sweet moment of escape, I will wake up unable to go back to sleep.

This went on for some times and I was starting to sleep less and less, in fear of having sleep paralysis or nightmares. My parents finally called a shaman to perform a ritual and to ask the spirit to leave. I will have to say, ever since then nothing seems to bother me in my sleep or in my dreams anymore. However, the last time I heard of this entity, and I know it is the same one, was when I went abroad. It was in 2011. It was then when my sister started to sleep in my bed. She did not experience any sleep paralysis but she would often dream about a girl coming to look/to ask for me and my whereabouts. I believe my parents had to do something again but now there is peace and I hope it will stay this way.

Thank you for reading my story. I hope that everyone will be released from unpleasant things.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Wisconsin

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, dabneeg-neejneeg, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Aggers (2 stories) (30 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-18)
Hey again!

You can't actually astral out of your body during your dreams to the safe realm.
You'd travel to the dream astral, in which you'd be ridiculously vulnerable to soul attacks or even death.

You'd have to learn how to raise your vibrations to a certain chakra point in your body to get to a realm of the dead, the safe realm.

And as far as being Ill... It CAN happen if you carry on doing it too much in a short amount of time. Your soul shouldn't get use to being outside the body for too long, your body and soul will need time to re charge energy which is why you can't do it so often without rest. As far as actually dying when you're doing it properly, highly unlikely! VERY highly unlikely.

But yeah, make sure she doesn't want you to go to a random dream realm where she could kill you.

Best of luck!
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-14)
My first thoughts were maybe she's someone that has some sort of connection with you and still has a purpose with you before you could move on. But then I doubt if that was the case she would tell your friend to not lay beside you. Just a thought. Thanks for your reply.
VanessaNixon_x3 (13 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2014-10-12)
Although you sound like a tattle tail and should try to be friends with your peers instead of a counselor, I am sorry this happened to you and this was a good read... I wish you the best of luck...
maula_lahorie (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-11)
Nice story I think that she is your friend or someone close to you
dabneeg-neejneeg (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-10)
Aggers-
I don't think you are crazy. I think what you are saying make sense. However, I wouldn't say I am more spiritually sensitive than other people though, that first night of sleep paralysis I was very vulnerable. Which may be the reason, like you say and I agree, why she went for me. After the incident, I did become more aware of my surroundings but I think it was because I was scared... And less of the gaining an ability of a 6th sense. I didn't see or hear or sense anything after the incident but I did know it was the same entity that bothered me every night and in my sleep.-- maybe because the routine was so repetitive ans similar? I never thought about her wanting me to astral out of my body to meet her... This to me is very interesting. In my culture, we believe that when a soul leaves its living body... The body can become ills and eventually die if the soul do not return. Anyways, did you think she tried to do this (have me astral out of my body) through my dream?-- I would like to know more about this if you do not mind sharing.
Aggers (2 stories) (30 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-10)
Okay this might throw you off a little but I have a kind of explanation.

Maybe, the girl could sense that you're more spiritually sensitive than other people.
That's why she went for you. She may have enduced your sleep paralysis so that you could see her. (After you experience sleep paralysis, you become more spiritually aware, you begin seeing things and feeling them even more)
Maybe, she wants you to astral out of your body, so that you could meet her? She obviously has some sort of romantic interest.

P.s I swear I'm not crazy, this makes sense in my head!
dabneeg-neejneeg (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-10)
notjustme-
1) At the beginning of my dreams, I would feel normal as in not threaten or afraid or anything. By the time I realized she is not human, I would feel scared and very much afraid. But due to not wanting to alarm her and fear of what she might do to me, I would pretend to be normal. Though, she can often sense something is wrong and that's when she become very possessive but not harmful.
2) no I have never seen her 'true face' because she would always posses as a friend of mine whom is still living.
3) She does not feel familiar. I don't think I know her.
4) Before her, when I was younger, I had other paranormal experiences such as seeing lights turn on and off, hearing noises/voices but I had never seen or been disturbed. I have reoccurring dreams but nothing that resemble this or, at least I don't think is related to this.

Thank you for your questions, it made me think a little more about why this happened and potentially who this entity can be. My thought used to be, and maybe still is, that I was venerable at that moment, which then open up the door for spirits. She happened to be at the location and out of playfulness messed with me but got carried away. And because I have never done anything to wrong her, she left quietly and nicely when asked to.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-09)
Hi! I am very fascinated by your experience and have some questions for you as well.

1.) ... Is same as KJ-girl93, what do you feel when you dream of her?...fear, threatened, welcomed, loved...

2.) Have you ever seen her "real" face because you said she takes form of a friend, right?

3.) If you have seen her face, or even not I guess, does she "feel" familiar?

4.) Before her, have you ever had any other paranormal experiences or reoccurring dreams?

Thanks, I look forward to your reply.
dabneeg-neejneeg (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-10-09)
I don't think 'the girl' ever meant to be harmful therefore she was not evil but she liked scaring me so, maybe she was more playful. However, I felt that overtime, she got attached to me and she tried to communicate a relationship with me through my dreams. But, she scared me so badly that I couldn't and didn't know how to accept her friendship. I felt this because in my dreaming of her, she never harm me but was just really possessive, in a way, afraid to lose me. I hope this makes sense.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-09)
Wow that is so creepy! She seems playful and not evil or else I believe more would have happened by now. Maybe she was discovering herself as a "ghost" or whatever you wish to call her. Maybe she didn't know she had enough energy to hold you from turning and she laughed because she was amazed at herself. She might even be angry that she dies, who knows. But I'm glad your parents took your side and I hope the ghost doesn't taunt your sister.
Again these are just my thoughts!
KJ-girl93 (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-09)
Wow, I really like your story. What feeling do/did you get from the girl? Good, evil, playful?
It sounds like a creepy nightmare, I've had the same kind of nightmare as well, and I also try not to alarm the entity.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: