You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Help Me I Live Right Here

Real Ghost Stories

Help Me I Live Right Here

 

I recently took a job in Missouri, on march 9 2014; which consumed a lot of my time being a travelling job for a marketing company. Because I got this career near where I grew up, my Parents loaned me a house they had inherited but were not using. This house has been in my family since it was built by my great grandfather in the 60's. My great grandfather suffered from depression, and he shot himself at work as to not traumatize his wife; but my great grandmother hearing of his death shot herself in this house. The property was then passed on to my grandfather who died from diabetes years ago in a hospital, and was then passed to my dad who allowed my aunt and great aunt to use it; as they were both disabled and old. My great aunt was put in a nursing home until she passed away, and then it was left to my aunt who died 2 years ago from cancer because of how much she smoked. Now I own it and am slowly working on fixing it up being good with my hands as I am.

I don't make a lot of money so it has taken some time to repair this house. I slept on the floor in my kitchen because the rest of the rooms were being painted. As I laid in the dark I started to hear creaks, cracks, and scratches which I found out later were just raccoons, but sometimes I would hear footsteps and knocks. I did my best to ignore them but needless to say I usually slept with the lights on and covered my face with a pillow. It was nightmarish and I was much happier being on the road. A year later things have gotten a lot better for. April 10 2015 to be exact. All the rooms were finished and I could sleep in them with a comfy bed. I had replaced light fixtures, fans, and large appliances to better this home, but I think I made a mistake recently. See I left something out of my story.

My aunt was not superstitious, at least I don't think she was, but when I had moved in there was a voodoo talisman hanging on the door. I did not remove it for a long time, because I was just so afraid of it. Recently though I just thought to myself "I'm a Christian I don't believe in all this ghost stuff, and I'm not going to let it control me" so I took it off the door, threw away the rusty hanging pin and the talisman. Everything was fine and nothing bad happened so I thought I was good.

Well a couple weeks ago I got a cat to keep me company in this lonely house and she had to get used to living here. So I pulled out a mattress and slept on the floor in my living room (big mistake). She would not let me sleep, she was running around and meowing everywhere. As I was watching her I heard clearly but distantly a girl singing "help me I live here, help me I live right here" in a crying desperate tone. I know it wasn't outside because it echoed through my house from the bathroom. Obviously I didn't find anything when I checked, but I felt a chill; and not fear but cold breeze go through me. My cat responded to the song and sat quietly in my hallway looking up at the door for hours.

There hasn't really been any little girl living on or near this land, and nothing is on record. Honestly no children have ever grown up and died gruesomely in this house like most ghost stories tell. Just yesterday I talked to my neighbor about it and we started a conversation on these old houses. When he and his family moved in they found a small bible and satanic candles, chalk, and symbols in one of the bedrooms. He hired a priest to come in and bless the house, and he hasn't had any problem since. Apparently all the demonic items belonged to a little boy that lived there when it was first built. That is the only other close account I have found. I'm not a coward and I'll face whatever comes my way but all this was just bizarre.

Other hauntings by Peachesop

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Peachesop, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Peachesop (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-15)
I know it was quick but something happened last night that I wrote another story on. I don't know if it's over yet though
francyne1031 (49 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-13)
Interesting read! Thank you for sharing:) I hope you get to the bottom of what's going on. I have to tell you, if I was alone in a house at night and heard a girl say those words, I would have been paralyzed with fear! So, yes, you are pretty brave for going and investigating. Good luck!
WiniPu4 (207 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-13)
Hello:

You can google "how to help a soul cross over" and try doing it yourself. It is usually a process of connecting with the soul, asking the aid of higher beings to bring the light to her and persuading her to go into it.
If you do not feel that you have the skills to reach out and help her, then you could enlist the aid of a professional or someone very experienced in this. There may be paranormal groups near you who would not charge fees simply to help someone cross over. I found this page with groups in MO:

Http://www.paranormalsocieties.com/state_list.cfm?state=mo

Out of 117 groups, surely one of them may be willing to assist the soul of a child to cross over without charging, or point you in the direction of someone willing to do so.
For whatever reason, she has connected with you and knows that you can see and hear her. That could be reason enough for her to continue to visit, pleading for your help. I hope that you are able to do so, as it sounds she is quite desperate and does not like wherever she is trapped.
Good luck with this; please let us know what happens. The process might be worthy of a second story since most of us read the new stories first. I know I would like to know.
Blessings,
Lynev
Peachesop (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-13)
I haven't found anything yet. Let me know if you do. This is weird and eerie. Ill try everyone's suggestions. I seem brave cause I feel my soul is secure. But to be honest I hide under blankets like everyone else.
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-13)
If it were me I would make finding that song (if it exists) number one priority in getting to the bottom of this. I would sing it to anyone who'll listen, search those lyrics online. It's obvious she's trying to communicate something through that line.
Peachesop (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-13)
I had the first vision at my parents house it's been the same one every time too. She walks up and just stares at me. No, the lyrics were quite clear. They weren't as garbled as ghost recordings. Its been ringing in my ears ever since, I could even sing it actually. Wether shes's talking about my new or old home I don't know.
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-13)
Oh dear.

Well that puts a different spin on things!

Peachesop, yes it's possible for ghosts to haunt pretty much anywhere or anyone.
It sounds like she follows you and has nothing to do with the house. When was the first time you had a dream/vision of her?
"Help me I live right here" could you be mishearing this? Could it be "Help me I live in fear" or something else?
Just a thought.
Peachesop (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-13)
Thanks for the support guys. Is it possible for ghosts to haunt outside of a building or enclosed structure? I have had visions of her before, but I just considered them dreams which is why I still see this experience as new. I'd be barely asleep and she would walk into my room reach my bed and look at me. I would see her and feel paralyzed. We stare at each other for a bit and I have to use all of my will to escape. I feel like i'm fighting for control sometimes. Then she is just gone. It wasn't in this house either.
ashar123 (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-13)
I agree with other posters here. A very nice story. I too think that the ghost girl need a helping hand.

Thanks for sharing. 😊
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-13)
Great story! Thanks for sharing. I agree with Faith1986 that you are indeed brave. Maybe next time you hear this, send the little girl a prayer and tell her to move on. Sometimes spirits just need a helping hand. Good luck!
faith1986 (23 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-12)
Creepy story. Thanks for sharing! You are def no coward because if it was me I would have been gone when I heard about the relative that shot herself there after hearing of her husbands death by shooting himself as well. I couldn't stand it, not alone anyway. I don't know how you do it. But you are WAY braver than I.;-) I hope it gets better for you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: