You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: 9 Lives

Real Ghost Stories

9 Lives

 

I was recently talking with a friend about our own experiences with things "out-of-the-norm". We always speak about these things, trying to logically explain them and it helps. We are both persons who believe in such things and who had experienced such things, but we always try to think rational before taking something for real. It is like we make our own mini-investigations on the subject.

She was telling me something about her cat. A couple of months ago, her cat dissappeared. She lost hope about finding the cat. She thought that someone took her or, worse, she died. She got her mind off of it, but some time ago, her boyfriend dreamt that the cat came back. She indeed came back a few days ago. My friend was telling me that she seems to be somehow changed, that she senses there is something changed about the cat. She told me I would call her crazy, but she thinks that maybe something or someone reincarnated in the body of that cat. We laughed a little at this possibilty but we started to talk about some tribal societies who strongly believe that spirits can reincarnate in animals or objects.

Talking about this, I remembered something I saw when I was a kid.

In the vicinity of my house, there is a park. It is lower than the level of the street. You have to go down some stairs to enter the park, the street is about 2 meter higher. One day, I took my younger sister to the park and I remember that I saw a dead cat on one side of the road. I took a look at it, it was dead, it was completely dead. It even looked like it was already dead for a day or so. You know the look they get upon their death, they somehow swell and their fur looks weird.

I felt sad but entered the park. While I was looking after my sister while she was playing, I saw the cat crossing the street on its own four feet. I was a little shocked but I thought that it was another cat which looked just like the dead one. I tried to stop thinking about it, but the thought was putting such pressure on me that I finally walked up the stairs and went to the spot where I saw the dead cat. It was gone.

I remember I was somehow happy, but curious at the same time. I am completely sure that cat was dead when I first saw it.

Other hauntings by blckwdnsdy

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, blckwdnsdy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

blckwdnsdy (6 stories) (32 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-06-20)
Hello, Melda

I have been living with cats all my life. I can't keep them all day inside the house, they need to roam and that is why I sometimes let my cats get outside, they always came back. I had a cat who disappeared for about 2-3 months. We lost hope that we would find her, we started looking in the neighbourhood to see if she dies somewhere. We couldn't find her. One day, my sister was in our yard and she suddenly yelled 'The cat is back!'. I didn't even budge, I just thought that there was a similar cat. Well, I went outside and it was indeed our cat.

I don't discount the possibility that the dead cat was just took by someone and what I saw was, in fact, a similar one. I just had a powerful feeling that it was the same cat. Like I said, I did not see anyone picking it up and that thing is not usual. Like I said in my first comment, those unfortunate dead animals are taken away by the garbage collectors. The point where I stood made me able to see the spot where the dead cat was and I didn't see anyone going there, just cars passing by. That's why I found it weird.

Thank you, as well, for your comment.
blckwdnsdy (6 stories) (32 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-06-20)
Hei, Lealeigh:)

It would be a perfect world if we knew what our pets are thinking.

I just think that the cat was took away by some other person. It happened to me too and, on one ocassion, I couldn't take my cat back, she remained with the new owner because that new owner refused to give it back. There was nothing I could do to get her back.

I know that a new environment can be scary for a cat. Some of them find it hard to get in terms with their new home if they were used to staying at another place and with another persons.

The dream of her boyfriend, I think, was caused, as you said, by their bond. I believe that sometimes we can get a glimpse at our future in our dreams.

Thank you for your comment.
blckwdnsdy (6 stories) (32 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2020-06-20)
Hello, lady-glow:)

What I am going to say is a bit weird but is going to answer your first questions. In my town, we have a sanitation company. There are certain days in which the companies go on certain streets and collect the garbage. In the area I live in, no one touches those dead animals. They are simply took away by the garbage collector. I saw tons of dead cats and dogs just lying on the side of the street, no one touching them.

As for my friend's cat, we condisered this possibility too. I am not saying that she is changed because of a supernatural/paranormal happening, I just provided that discussion of ours for background.

The changes she reffered to, though, were not in a traumatic way, a way that made the cat afraid. She told me that she has the impression that the cat understands what she is saying, that her eyes give a sense of understanding.

A possesion can take place in many ways and, like I said in the story, there are a lot of beliefs around the world which hold that a person can reincarnate in another body and that is regarded, for religious motives, as something ok. That is part of the reason why some societies have sacred animals or practice totemism.

She is indeed doing well and my friend is happy that she's home.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-06-17)
blckwdnsdy - Cats do have a habit of roaming around and returning and more than likely after a length of time they would have suffered some form of trauma - fear, hunger, being chased by dogs as well as humans and the biggest nightmare of all, invading other cats' territory.

Fortunately none of my cats disappeared for longer than 24 hours but when they returned they were undoubtedly stressed out.

You're right about the NINE LIVES!

How awful for you and your little sister to encounter a dead cat at the park. Perhaps there were a number of wild cats that inhabited that park and what you saw was a look-alike? I can't say but I prefer logical explanations.

Regards, Melda
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-06-16)
Hello blckwdnsdy,

If your friend's cat was missing for such a long amount of time, there's no telling what happened to it. I do not doubt that it spent much of its time being in fear - from other animals or moving vehicles or just from being away from comfortable surroundings. Poor little cat, it was a miracle that your friend was able to recover it after so long. Over time, the cat may go back to acting normal.

It's strange that her boyfriend had a dream about the cat coming back. Maybe he was very close to their pet. I have dreams about my cat - constantly. He does all kinds of things in my dreams.

Well, it's a shame that our pets cannot tell us about their feelings or adventures. Your friend's cat probably has a few lives taken away from its standard nine!

Thank you for submitting your story.

- Maria
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-06-16)
"But the cat came back the very next day,
The cat came back, we thought he was a goner
But the cat came back; it just couldn't stay away.
Away, away, yea, yea, yea"

Would it be possible that somebody took the dead cat away while you were not watching?

As for your friends cat, perhaps it experienced a somehow traumatic experience during its time away that made it change its behavior.

Once, one of my female cats was gone for a couple of days and when she came back was hiding under the furniture and had a watery discharge coming from her behind, I took her to the vet and was told that it was possible that a tom got romantic with her regardless than she's spayed. She went back to her normal self after few days.

Although I don't discard the possibility of reincarnation, I'm not sure if it is necessary to have a fresh start in a brand new body or if it could happen on an old body, wouldn't that be considered a possession?

Anyway, I hope your friend's cat is doing well.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: