You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Negative Entity Help

Real Ghost Stories

Negative Entity Help

 

I moved into this house seven years ago and I heard a few things upon first moving in but nothing that scared me. However, two years ago everything changed when I was watching TV and a commercial for a psychic came on.

I was going through a rough patch with a lot of anxiety and depression. I knew I was going to waste $10 on something, so I decided to call. A few minutes after hanging up I heard footsteps right in front of me and once I looked up there was a huge black shadow looking at me. For about a year after the shadow incident I would occasionally hear footsteps and that was it.

Over the past year the activity has picked up and within the past month it has become nearly unbearable. I quit smoking and that is when I started hearing a buzzing sound around me; it sounds almost like a bee or a fly yet nothing is there. I do have a habit of talking to myself and when I do now either lights turn off, flicker, or I will hear static through something that is turned off. I have seen another shadow and while I was getting ready to record something I accidentally hit record and at the beginning I heard an older woman say, "Ohhhhhh, goodbye dear."

After the older woman incident I became optimistic that I had a sweet old lady spirit. I did a house blessing and on that night I said the Lord's Prayer in my living room very loudly. I don't recall if there was a reason; however, after saying the prayer I heard a very low pitched buzzing right next to me. It lasted longer than normal, I looked in that direction and my whole right side became hot and I felt dizzy, nauseous and like I would pass out.

I have had similar experiences twice since then. I was having a pain in my chest right where my heart is and it was a small tight spot that went away once I began saying the Lord's Prayer repeatedly.

Trying to sleep takes a lot of work because my right foot always cramps up. This has never happened before. Once I begin to drift off into sleep, I am always startled by either a bang on the wall or a drastic change in temperature in my body. I know I need a professional as I can't move but I am uncertain about who to contact.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, gigismum, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Thehunter_russia (1 posts)
-1
8 years ago (2016-02-07)
I have had this too, I carry a gun and saw a shadow like you said, and everything is the same, I quit smoking, and I saw a black shadow, I draw my 9mm and quickly before I blink the shadow is gone. Next thing I know the gun is knocked out of my hands and I am in a headlock with a repelling force, I try to punch whatever was behind me then I blackout. When I wake up I find the barrel of my gun in my mouth and a cigar in the barrel. This has never happened again and I learned it must have been a dream.
gigismum (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-30)
Thanks everyone for the continued comments. I was given the opportunity to leave town over the summer for work and I went for it. I was more than excited to get out of my house and I met a few good people along the way. After some chats it was concluded that this may be a spiritual awakening (I say maybe because I don't fully believe it, but they do). I was advised to meditate daily. Once I returned home I noticed that most everything had stopped, but things increase when I don't meditate and I'm not sure why that is.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-01)
You mentioned you quit smoking - are you on any sort of nicotine replacement therapy? It's known to cause things like heartburn, vivid dreams, nausea, dizziness, sleeplessness, restlessness, hormonal imbalances (leading to menopause-like symptoms including extreme hot flashes) and tinnitus. Simple nicotine withdrawal can cause many of the same symptoms.

Perhaps, try a trip to the health food store. Try out a natural alternative for nicotine replacement and maybe something that improves harmonal balance. Melatonin can help with the sleeplessness. Definitely explain your symptoms to someone who works there - they can be very helpful and knowledgable and often have reference materials on site. Bottom line, it may help and certainly can't hurt, it's an avenue untried by mainstream doctors you've already had no luck with and it's cheaper than mainstream doctors. Such stores also usually have good leads on meditation and/or yoga classes - either or both could be very beneficial in your situation for the relaxation and centering practices they teach - stress reduction will help if it's physical AND if it's paranormal.

Granted, I'm definitely not dismissing that this could be paranormal but strengthening yourself -using physical health to bolster your emotional wellbeing- makes you more capable of confronting any paranormal activity.

All the very best!
-Gus
Lynne2015 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-01)
I agree that you need to consult a doctor. Maybe it's your depression causing the ear buzzing and the chest pains.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-07)
Hi gigismum,
You say that nobody here is doing anything to help you? Everyone here is trying to help but I don't think you are listening to their advice.
Okay what you could try is telling the spirits that the house is yours now and if they can't behave they have to leave. You should be forceful and adament telling them you want your peace back. Then ignore the footsteps and buzzing, if you can't then tell them to leave you alone.
OR you can re-read the advice that has been given to you. Go to your OB-GYN and explain the burning you feel in your gut and ask for a sonogram of your ovaries. Ovarian cysts hurt like hell and it is just a coincidence that when you read the bible you feel like you are on fire. It may be the way you are sitting could be putting pressure on the cyst. OR you can go to a gastrointestinal doctor to see if you have any intestinal problems. The latter seems more likely than the former as you seem to be a worrier as you say you get panic attacks
gigismum (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-28)
Yes I understand that, menopause was the first thing I thought of when this first happened. However, I will also say that the hot flashes only happen after praying and then again last night after reading Psalms.
I know it's wrong to first rule out anything paranormal before the doc, but I've done it the right way several times before and nothing happened.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-05-28)
gigismum,
You might not like the idea, but it's possible the burning sensation is caused by hormonal changes. Some women begin having hot flashes as young as their late 20s, early 30s. And YES, some women describe it as an actual 'burning' and not just feeling hot. Some of the symptoms include sleeplessness, and mood shifts (anxiety, depression, etc.). You might want to look into that.
Here's the problem (as I see it) sometimes medical and paranormal coincide. It can be very difficult to sort that which is physical from the other.
EVPs are less risky then Ouijas. OBs (Ouija Boards) are an invitation to everything and anything to come on in. Think of it as leaving the front door wide open, any Joe off the street could make themselves at home in YOUR space. With EVPs, it's capturing something that is going on around you anyway that you generally just can't hear. The theory is that spirits talk on a different vibrational level then our hearing normally allows. Now, this could be the 'buzzing' you hear-the voice being just outside your normal hearing. However, I stand firm on the suggestion you make sure that there isn't something medically wrong.
gigismum (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-28)
Thank you, Rook

I will try an EVP. Hopefully it will help ease my mind a bit, if I do encounter something bad then it doesn't matter. I'll be paranoid no matter what so I might as well get answers. As for the city, I have no idea. I just came home and the tree was laying on the ground.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-28)
gigismum,

EVP's are not Oujia Boards... The Board 'grants' a more personal connection between those using one and the spirit world... A true 'real time' interaction between those touching the planchette and the spirit (entity) that has been contacted.

A Digital Voice Recorder is a recording device that is rather impersonal (sp) to use and allows the user to 'catch' voices but you are unable to really react in 'real time'. (yes I know about the 'real time EVP recorders... Got cash?)

With those diferences in mind an EVP session may not be a bad thing.

Another question... Did the city do anything else to the Utility Lines near that tree or your home... Some of what you may be experiencing MAY be due to increased EMF in your home.

Respectfully,

Rook
gigismum (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-28)
Thank you Rook, the city did trim the first time and came back awhile later and chopped so much that it died. And I need to correct this, the former owner did not plant the tree (that I know of). The tree wasn't here when we moved in, it just magically appeared after five years and on the sixth year that's when we found it was a mulberry tree and it got taken down.

I felt bad that the roses were taken and I intended to plant more. However, I do not feel like the woman is at all angry. Maybe I have my spirits confused, but she is not threatening at all. I have yet to confirm that the woman is even the former owner.

But the heat I felt wasn't just warmth, it was like fire. An actual burn that got hotter and hotter. I eventually went outside and stood in the wet grass. That cooled me off.

I haven't had anyone respond to my request for help yet, would trying to do an EVP be a risky move? I'm not sure if it would be like messing with a Ouija board.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-28)
I am not sure what the LAWS are in MO but where I am from unless the Tree is actually in the utility easment then the most the city should be able to do is trim it away from the easment boundry and away from any service lines (power, phone ect...) that it may be hanging over. Taking down the whole tree, from YOUR yard AND with added property damage sounds like negligence (sp?) to me and grounds for... Oh wait this isn't a site for LEGAL ADVICE its a site that concerns the Paranormal...

If the activity was 'minor' before the 'psychic reading' and seemed to be 'just letting you know I am around' aferwards its my opinion that the possible spirit is, at the very least, netural if not 'good' in temprament. Having said that... IF this is the spirit of the former owner and she is now MAD at what happened to the Tree and Roses perhaps she feels you could have done more to prevent it... Or at least be doing more about it.

As far as the warm feeling you got as you read the Psalms... To me this still could be the spirit of the former owner... Transfering the 'heat' of her anger to you because of how difficult it is to comunicate with you and the fact it seems you are trying to 'push her out' Just my opinion though.

Respectfully,

Rook
gigismum (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-28)
Absolutely! I am looking for someone new who can come in and let me know what the problem is immediately and I'll report back.
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-28)
Be wary of healers many are frauds. Often times the best advice we can get is free. That's very rude that she's not responding to you.
gigismum (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-28)
I'm feeling better now. My dog avoided me all morning and was giving me weird looks like he recognized me but didn't. Wherever I went, he went the other way. Suddenly, he went upstairs with me to go to the bathroom.

For the past two weeks I have been having this burning sensation. Typically I get it while trying to sleep but sometimes during the day too. It has never been on my back though like last night.

I was in contact with a healer who I thought would help, but she only told me about my love life. Now she won't reapond to me. I'm not sure where to find anyone else.
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-28)
Gigismum, do you mind sharing what the psychic said? I enjoyed reading your story and thank you for sharing. 😊
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-28)
aww Jeesh, that really sucks you're afraid to go inside. 😢

If nothing seems to work you may be dealing with some annoyed nature spirits. These are entities which protect the land. If this is the case the activity won't be directed at you, but more them releasing anger and coming to terms with their land being tampered with. In this instance unfortunately you have to wait for it to pass. This *might* be part of what's happening. But since it's been a year since their home was tampered with this doesn't seem likely.

Apart from the burning sensation, is there anything else which happened last night? If it was purely emotional and physical it could be that you're sensing the energy around you and reacting emphatically. If you're already suffering from anxiety this will feel even worse still.

I find incense helps calm the home. Just don't leave it burning while you're out or sleeping. It's good you've been using sage and frankincense.
I don't know about reading from the bible making it worse. I guess that's possible. If so whatever it is might be retaliating about you getting rid of it. I suggest following your gut instincts; if they're telling you to read from the Bible then do that, if they're telling not to, then do that.

If you can't get another blessing done right away, and if you're comfortable with this, you could try phoning some other churches.
I know what it's like to be afraid of something in your home I'm just sorry I don't have anything more helpful to suggest.
gigismum (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-28)
Thanks for your speedy response, Tweed.

The woman spirit (possibly the former owner) is not what bothers me. When I re-read my entry I realized that I did not give the whole story. I tried posting a new story but all postings are down until Monday: (

I spoke to my neighbor but he was busy and didn't have time to listen to my recording. He told me to try EVP and then encouraged me to contact the local catholic church for a house blessing. I intend to do that.

I am sitting outside because I am too afraid to go in. Last night I had some bad experiences and I began reading from Psalms when I felt like my whole body was on fire. This is not the first time that my insides felt like they were being burned, but I am very concerned that reading from the Bible would create such a reaction.
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-28)
Gigismum, I'm absolutely appalled at the stupid city taking the tree like that! Then for this to ruin the roses as well. Well this makes things a lot more clearer. I'm also shocked at the doctor bills, I just can't fathom the American health system!

In light of these details it seems the woman is restless about the changes to what was once her home. I feel sorry for her, the poor dear. Any cleansing or blessing will likely have a calming effect. But if a ghost's intentions are good, or at least neutral, you may find simply coexisting with her will be the most peaceful solution for you both.
gigismum (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-28)
Hi everyone, thanks for the responses!
I have seen a doctor for my conditions and nothing is wrong with me - no problems with my ears or eyes. The pains in my chest have gone away and I feel that I caused the panic attacks myself. Really, I am done with doctors because every time I go, and am certain something is wrong with me, they tell me I am fine and charge me $100.

I was recording on my tablet. I have decided to have my neighbor listen to it since he has lived next door for a good 40 or so years. He told me a woman lived in my house for maybe 50 years. She had a son who died at 19 in a car accident. She planted roses and a tree in our yard and last summer we had to get rid of the tree due to city ordinance because it was getting too big and was in the power lines. The city was who came to take the tree down, we had no communication about it. They showed up, ripped up the tree and threw it on the ground. This killed the roses which were planted in her son's honor.

As for the footsteps, the first time they just made a creak in the floor and that's when I saw the first shadow. The other footsteps have been just normal footsteps like someone is casually walking through the house. No alarms there. The last shadow I saw seemed like it was running away. My daughter was coming down the stairs and the shadow darted away from the stairs and towards a window, or maybe the corner of the house.

The house blessing was almost two weeks ago. I did not feel anything immediately, but the next day as I was trying to take a nap I heard pounding from inside my closet. That is when I realized I did not cleanse my closet. Thank you for the idea of Rook's house blessing. I am doing another one today and with sage (the last was with frankincense).
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-05-28)
SDS - thank you for adding a valid example to my suggestion. As you know, it helps to have someone say they or someone they know had an experience just like it.
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-28)
Hi Gigismum,

I agree with Miracles and SDS about seeking a medical opinion on your physical symptoms. I have experienced buzzing and it was connected to an ear issue and not anything paranormal.

My reaction to reading the footsteps and shadow sighting directly after the psychic call was that this entity was listening to your phone call. Then decided it was a perfect time to let itself be known. It may have been wanting to contact you prior to this.
What was the recording device you were using which captured the old woman's voice? Was it a TV recording device, or a musical recording set up? This might be important to shed some light on why the voice was captured.
It also sounds like this activity is giving you panic attacks. They're no fun, I know. But your anxiety may be exasperating the activity into something negative, when it may not be. Anxiety can cloud judgement. I'm not saying you've no reason to be concerned. Only that it's a possibility to consider. It's also another reason to see a doctor.

When did you do the house blessing? Did you experience anything directly after the house blessing? If so the presence is likely a positive one. That said if it's making you uncomfortable you have the right to live in peace and quiet. Ask it not to frighten you.
The lady saying "oooohhh goodbye dear", and this is just something that sprang to mind, maybe she was leaving you to do what you were doing. Like "Oh I see your busy, goodbye dear." If you talk to yourself she may be talking back to you without you knowing.

What did the footsteps sound like, decisive, clumsy, competent, cautious? What was the impression you got from this shadow and its footsteps?
It may be a separate ghost to the old lady, if she is with you.

Regardless of anything paranormal I urge you to see a doctor, don't ignore physical symptoms just because of possible paranormal activity.

Take care.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-28)
Miracles, my kudos to you. I was just going to suggest to O/P to consult a doctor. You preceded me. May be that is the experience.

Hi gigismum, to continue from where Miracles left, the hearing of sound like buzzing of a bee or inspect, could be related to the problems in your ears. Please do consult a doctor immediately because recently, may be two months, one of my friends had similar problems and I don't know if you are aware about our country, he was advised wrongly that it related to paranormal and he went from one quack to another before ending up with a doctor and through a minor corrective surgery in his ears, the problem stood resolved.

So, please do consult a doctor and especially about the pain in your chest.

I am happy that you do say prayers quite often. Still why don't you try Rook's cleansing method, if you feel something negative is present. His method can be used quite easily and it works. Please do follow it for a few days and see the result. Give the credits to Rook. The method is available in his profile page.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+3
9 years ago (2015-05-26)
gigismum - this is solely my opinion, but I don't think the call to the psychic is what brought the entity (ies) into your home. I think the call may have made you a bit more aware of things that were already there. Not that the psychic said or did anything to make you aware, just that perhaps simply the fact you were talking to a psychic opened you up a little.

I also think you should consult your doctor and make sure these physical sensations aren't something that need addressed. It's always best to seek medical advice before automatically assuming it is paranormal.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: