You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: The Two Flying Orbs

Real Ghost Stories

The Two Flying Orbs

 

This story happened so long ago I am sorry if I am a bit vague but I will do my best to note all the details. At the time I would have been about 12 or could have been as old as 13? It happened at my old best friend's house and I was having a sleepover which we would do at each other's houses at least once a week. This night I was staying at his house but his mother had family over so the spare bed was used so we slept on the foldout sofa.

We had laid there for about an hour just talking and being silly like teenage boys do, then we both decided to go to sleep. All the lights were off and it was dark in the house. You could see though because there were streetlights outside that lit a dim light around the room.

The sofa-bed itself was so uncomfortable that I had trouble getting to sleep as there was a tiny foam mattress then what felt like a hard, cold, metal bar digging into my back. I just lay there thinking how uncomfortable I was and listening to my friend breathe in his sleep.

Then all of a sudden I noticed a light flashing from outside and I thought it was someone with a flashlight who was waving it around trying to scare people. Then I thought it could be the light from someone's headlights? I just lay there looking at the light. I couldn't see any detail as there were sheer lace curtains which let the light in but I could see no detail. Also I didn't get up or move as I didn't want to wake my friend. I don't know how long I was watching it but it was a good while and at that point in time I wasn't scared, just curious.

I grew more tired and became disinterested in the lights and shut my eyes and lay on my back with my arms folded behind my head when I saw this big flash of light when I had my eyes closed. It shocked me and I sat up and opened my eyes and there were two orbs flying around the lounge room ceiling. They were casting the same funny light that I saw from the outside. The light was white with a tinge of blue and that was the same for the orbs but they were white with blue outline. They looked to be the size of a baseball?

I started to panic and freak out so I leaned over and shook my friend so hard and fast he woke up straight away and asked me what the hell I was doing in an angered tone. I said to him do you see those and he said he could see them also. I was so scared tears started to stream from my eyes even though I wasn't crying.

We lay there for about 10 minutes, maybe more, watching these two lights. They looked as if they were playing cat and mouse with each other and darted about in all directions and would change direction sharply and rapidly. Also I could see them when I shut my eyes and when I would open them again they would be where I saw them with my eyes closed.

We never talked about it the next day as we were both so scared and after awhile I had forgotten about the incident. About 3 months ago I went to that friend's place to have a few beers (almost 18 years later) and he recalled the incident and when he mentioned the lights we saw I got my memory back about what had happened.

We were so scared of these lights but maybe it was due to our young age or lack of understanding of the paranormal? If the same thing were to happen now I think I wouldn't be so scared?

Other hauntings by terranigma

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, terranigma, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

terranigma (9 stories) (71 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2015-06-19)
Thank you Tweed. Its comforting to know that you enjoy my stories and that I am not alone in these types of experiences. I'm not sure if these orbs are human or non human and I don't suppose I'll ever know? I was scared of them because at the time I was christian and anything supernatural would frighten me.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-06-10)
Hi Terranigma,

Firstly I really love reading your stories, they're always interesting. Also thank you for sharing this. I think you may have answered something which keeps bugging me about some lights that I sometimes see. They're orbs maybe, well I don't know a single thing about orbs but some of the details in your story match somewhat to lights I sometimes see.
How cool is it that you were able to experience this with your friend, and a friend you're still friends with!
I think, if it happened today as an adult, you wouldn't be as scared. Probably the fear was down to your age.

I wonder if orbs are nature spirits, at least these days I wonder this. Because people always seem to see them outdoors, or entering their home from outdoors. The way yours played cat and mouse also makes me wonder this, I've seen lights do something very similar. They seem mischievous and jubilant.
I know a lot of people believe orbs are human souls manifested as light. Lately I find myself doubting this.

Always a pleasure reading stories from you!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: