You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Davison Horror Story Part I

Real Ghost Stories

Davison Horror Story Part I

 

[The experiences about to be detailed happened between 2013-2014. During this time I was undergoing an incredibly personal crisis and a great deal of stress, the likes of which I do not wish to disclose.]

In January of 2013 my husband and I moved into a rental home in Davison, MI. At first, it was nothing short of exciting and empowering; we felt a real sense of accomplishment having a place all to ourselves -which was a welcome change compared to living with his dad for the first few months of our marriage. As much as we deeply appreciated his help and having a roof over our heads, we were newlyweds and desperately needed time to settle into our new life just the two of us [Thanks Dad! Love you!]; however, our happy bubble of bliss would soon be shattered due to the experiences we faced in our new [rental] home.

In retrospect, I'd say it started with this dream. Probably around the second week into the new rental, I had a god-awful nightmare. Honestly, I didn't realize it was dream until I woke up -it was just that visceral. I was laying in my bed with my husband next to me, we were watching television -mind you this was during the day. He was enjoying a bowl of cereal while I flipped through a thousand different programs trying to settle on something to watch, when suddenly my room was filled with about a dozen naked, very elderly people [I know, creepy... Maybe this already sounds like some psychological case study about deep seated fears expressed through dream LOL]. Anyway these nude, old people began to line up one in front of the other. Their line started at the end of my side of the bed and ended past the outside my bedroom door, down into the hallway. Needless to say I was shocked and disgusted and I try as may I could not get my husband's attention. He was still casually eating cereal watching TV as if nothing completely INSANE was happening.

Then came the paralysis. Suddenly I couldn't move a muscle, though I could still see everything that was happening; that's when I felt a presence standing on the ground directly next to where lay frozen. From the corner of my eye it appeared as black figure, then my perspective started to change, as if I was having an out-of-body experience. I saw my body laying on my bed next to my husband as if I was some floating spirit peering down from above, watching in horror as this crazy scenario played out. The black figure next to my body then appeared to look like one of my aunts [I'm not close to any of my extended family so this was odd to me]. To make a long nightmare short, My "demonic dream-aunt" was like a morbid ticket master to this line of decrepit creeps each taking a turn raping my body all the while my husband sat watching cartoons and eating Captain Crunch. Well, I woke up in a cold sweat and told myself it was just a dream. [Maybe it's hard to understand how that dream could have anything to do with my upcoming paranormal experiences -yet; but, I know that without a doubt it does.]

A few weeks after our move and I was close to having everything unpacked. Clothes were in the dressers and closets, books on the shelves, pictures on the walls, and dishes in the cupboards. Well, one evening while cleaning the kitchen after dinner, I opened the cupboard to put away our just-washed drinking glasses; there, I notice that damn clear plastic cup my husband always uses to scoop out the puppy chow with for our dogs. Why did he put it in the same cupboard as our clean drinking glasses!?! [is what I furiously questioned in my head]...So, I made a point to ask my husband to refrain from doing that in the future, and when I did he simply laughed and said he didn't do that in the first place. I didn't believe him -I mean, he laughed! I know my husband, and he gets a kick out of seeing me annoyed; so, I was sure he was poking fun. I let it roll off my shoulder and went on with my business. The next day, after I returned home from work, I felt it was time for quick meal. Opening the cupboard where my plates were stored [different cupboard than the one mentioned before] I see that DAMN clear plastic cup again! In a huff I throw the damn thing in the bin with the dog food and make a bee-line to my husband's home-studio. "Nathan, It's not funny! Don't put that filthy thing in the cupboard with our clean dishes!" His response: "Huh?". Well he got my goat, at least I thought he did as I engaged in an idiotic argument over a plastic cup that he swore he didn't put in the cupboard [aww the honeymoon phase]. It should come as no great surprise that I found that DAMN CLEAR PLASTIC CUP always placed upside-down, in a different cupboard for every day of that week... It took a lot of convincing [and lots more arguing] before I finally took the word of my husband that he was NOT behind the "cup incident".

Soon even stranger things began to occur and unbeknownst to me it was my husband experiencing them. My husband is a free-lance artist and works from home; he's typically in his studio from the time I leave for work in the morning at 8am until the time I go to bed around 11pm. He [later described] always feeling a heavy sense of 'being watched' mostly during the time I was away at work. This feeling was especially experienced while he was working on one of his larger paintings with his back to the door [the door of course was left open for our kitties to roam freely]. This feeling became so intense he eventually moved his painting to the opposite wall where he could keep an eye out for whatever was "watching" him [really he just tried to ignore it at first, but to no avail]. Moving his painting gave way for results, he did see things. Tall, solid-yet-shadow-like people that lurked in the adjacent hallway. On a few later occasions, he was even touched -sometimes on his arms and most times on his legs by an unseen force [like I mentioned, we have cats but these instances were not the soft sensations of fur on skin or paw pads playfully swiping for attention or food; these were incidents that happened when Nathan was completely alone]. My husband, not wanting to freak out his wife, kept these experiences to himself so when he strongly suggested moving our mattress into the living room, I initially thought it would be a fun thing to do. [Why not? Be young and silly and do whatever you want in your home! -Plus I always had a hard time sleeping in our bedroom ever since that nightmare].

So now we have a large mattress taking up most the space of our small living room [we didn't have a lot of company over at this time] and we loved it!...at first... Because of the layout of the small rental, you could clearly see into Nathan's studio and our former bedroom from the living room -even while laying down on our "bed-couch". One night, very late right as we were ready to sleep and after all the lights and electronics shut off, both my husband and I witnessed a large, nearly blinding flash of white light emit from our former bedroom. This was INCREDIBLY weird and frightening because Nathan had previously covered the windows of that very bedroom with black plastic. He covered it so well, you would swear it was night time during a bright, sunny day [that's how we like to sleep especially during summer when the sun shines brighter, earlier]. Anyway, we were baffled. What was the source of that flash? So strong it lit the room up brighter than the ceiling light [which was long since burned out] could ever manage. We didn't have long to deliberate before we noticed a small orb a brightly shade of red float amidst the returned darkness of that very same room. It just danced around, hanging by the doorway like it wanted to be seen [I don't know how else to describe it]. My husband, brave as he is, quickly got up to observe the anomaly. He checked around the room with a flashlight but not before he tried deducing the source of the orb's red glow [was it a reflection from something from somewhere? No. No feasible explanation could be discovered, best as we tried].

This was only the start of the TRUE, inexplicable, and scary [at least it scary was for me] incidents that were yet to be experienced in our Davison rental. There was just so much that happened, that I'm afraid I will have to write a Part II. Please continue reading in my next installment. Trust me, it's gets much worse.

Other hauntings by JoyBells

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JoyBells, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

razorback95 (2 stories) (48 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-09-02)
Joy I can say so so much but I'll keep it short and to the point. First of all, I NEED part 2. Lol. Part one has got me flipping hooked. Typically my words are more put together but I'm literally in the mind blown state. Sssooo well written and very happy for you to have gotten past that time in your life! Also I want to say you are hilarious. You had me scared and laughing which neither is easy to achieve let alone both. I'm literally thinking wtif (wow this is fantastic) lol 😁
Tweed (35 stories) (2497 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-30)
Hi Joy, glad to hear back from you, take your time with the pic, no rush. 😊
JoyBells (3 stories) (60 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-28)
Sorry for the delay of part 2! It's been written out just waiting for me to post but I been searching my memory cards like crazy trying to find a certain photo that goes along with my experience told in part 2! Aaah still looking!
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-07-17)
JoyBells,
I agree with Miacles (my eyes, my eyes) she can be hysterical at times. My image was wrinkly old ghost men being in line for viagra first. Sorry I had to lighten the mood of the dream because that was horrifying. My thought was oh my God that poor woman, and in the dream your husband was eating Captain Crunch and watching cartoons!
As for the disgusting pet cup ending up in different cabinets. I think that is a good spirit saying "I'm here". Rather than the divide and conquer scenario.
The bright white light I'm thinking that someone was trying to cleanse the room because white light is considered to be protective.
I don't know about the red orb maybe it was investigating to see if all was good. Just a theory.
Regards
Red
bone_rose (1 stories) (14 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-17)
This is quite the show of spirits making themselves known. I hope you're much safer now. Though I do love a good story, I'd prefer your safety above anything else.

I'll be waiting for your next installment. Til then I wish the best for you!
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-17)
JoyBells- Incredible story I must say. Oh that dream had me tensed up and stomach in knots. I do believe that was influenced by a presence. One of my worst experiences started with a gosh awful nightmare. (The Big One).

From what I am taking from the story is the two of you no longer live at the Davison rental. Hoping I am correct.

Looking forward to the part II. Thank you for sharing.
Manafon (4 stories) (74 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2015-07-17)
JoyBells--I really found this account compelling and riveting. The flash of bright light you mentioned reminded me of a similar incident I experienced. Without going in to extensive detail, I was discussing my recently deceased parents with my wife and my hope they were once again together when suddenly there were two very bright bluish/white flashes. This was in a room with no outside light source. My wife saw them come from one end of the room and I saw them come from another. I believe it was my parents saying, symbolically, that they were indeed together. I wonder if the flash you saw was a former resident trying to say, "Hey I'm here". Were you and your husband discussing the recent goings on in your rental before going to sleep? If so maybe it was the spirit of a one time resident. Just a thought. Great story though!
JoyBells (3 stories) (60 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-17)
Miracles51031

Your comment cracked me up! And yes that's the kind of imagery that stays burned in your memory! Thanks for reading!
JoyBells (3 stories) (60 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-17)
Wardo

I totally understand where you are coming from and you are right. A heightened amount of stress can lead to hysteria/paranoia. Believe me, I might have thought it was just me overreacting (especially what happens in part 2) if not for my husband's (and even my doggies) experiences.

Thank you for your fair perspective and positive feedback!
JoyBells (3 stories) (60 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-17)
Hecate0 & Tweed

I'm glad you got a kick out of my retelling! Now that that dark part of my life is over, I try to look back on it with a light hearted approach (no need to be so serious all the time I think 😁 I mean my name is Joy lol). I hope you enjoy part 2 even more as I will be trying to post a creepy photo along with it!

I agree something was trying to get our attention and it's goal was to drive a wedge betweeen me and my husband. "Divide and conquer" seemed to be the tactic. Since then both my husband and I have been totally forthcoming about any and all strange occurences we encounter.

Thanks again for the encouraging feedback!
JoyBells (3 stories) (60 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-16)
Thank you everyone for your comments. I am in the middle of writing part 2. Should be finished with it very soon!
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-16)
JoyBells - okay, normally I try not to make unkind remarks about the elderly; however, OMG! And that was horrible, horrible, horrible! (Actually what I wanted to say was "My eyes, my eyes, my eyes!" but figured I probably shouldn't LOL) Reminds me of the older folks in Cocoon, without the assault (cannot imagine having to endure a dream like that 😢)

I can't decide if moving the dog food cup around is someone trying to drive a wedge between you and your husband, someone with a wicked sense of humor, or someone trying very hard to get your attention. Whatever the case may be, I am anxious to read the next part.
Wardo (8 stories) (171 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-07-16)
Hi Joy! Welcome aboard! Oh, boy I can't wait to read your part 2! I was totally engaged in your story, and I am quite intrigued. I know you mentioned not wanting to disclose the cause of your stresses, and I respect that. The reason I mention the incident is sometimes you can be more susceptible to paranormal activity if there are heightened (or lowered) emotions going on within. Stress can also lead to seeing some things that aren't really there, so that may account for some strange occurrences, however you say that your husband experienced strange things too, and you both saw the light and the orb. I do not mean to discredit any experience you had there, I am merely providing one other possible explanation for "some" things that may have happened that you have not shared yet. Once I read more of your stories, I could have a better take on what went on there. Thank you so much for sharing, you will be in good company here!
Tweed (35 stories) (2497 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-07-16)
Joy, hello and welcome!

I'm with Hecate, this made me giggle too!
Look forward to the next installment of this experience, sorry it gets worse.
The cup sounds to me exactly like it felt to you; as if motivated by getting a reaction/driving a wedge between you both. If it was put in the same place or something I'd be open to a nicer possibility. But, ergh, yeah the way you described it didn't sound particularly nice.

That insanely awful dream, oh my god!
Put into context with everything else that happened, it could have been paranormally influenced. That said our subconscious is capable of giving us the most disturbing nightmares when we have inner turmoil which is unresolved. I'm guessing it could be a mixture of both, with you picking up on a bad presence in the home.

Now the flash of light I actually like. I've seen these quite a few times in recent years. Only recently with the orbs, which dance around just as you describe. But for many years it was just the flash I would encounter. The flash I see is always like a white light which lights up a room briefly. The orb things are a warm red-ish yellowy glow like you describe.
Recently I feel these are a type of nature spirit.
Unless there's more to the light and orbs that gets freakishly worse, I'd say this was not connected to anything bad. It sounds to me like they were there more in a protective capacity than a menacing one.

Shadow figures in hall hmm, yeah. I think your husband's gut feeling toward this says it all. I am quite disturbed by the fact he didn't want to tell you about it. I did the same damn thing a short while ago with a bad haunt, where I didn't tell my hubby for a while, until it got worse. It felt isolating and I feel that's what was happening with your husband too. Shadowy figures aren't always bad. It's always best to go by our gut feelings and yeh, those ones don't sound nice.

It's been a pleasure reading your story and I really look forward to hearing more from you!
Thanks for sharing and take care.
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2015-07-15)
Joybells, Welcome to YGS. Your story is wonderful. Sometimes, we ask for a tissue warning when a story makes us cry and we were not warned. I want to ask for a "Depends" warning, perhaps an American thing for our world wide group. When I got to,

"My "demonic dream-aunt" was like a morbid ticket master to this line of decrepit creeps each taking a turn raping my body all the while my husband sat watching cartoons and eating Captain Crunch. "

I almost wet myself laughing. You write very well. It does sound like you have "something" there. Try keeping a journal. Also, I am such a freak about these things that I have an EMF reader and a digital voice recorder to do very rudimentary assessments of paranormal activity.

I loved reading your story and look forward to hearing more. Best to you and your husband.

Hecate 😊

P.s. I am going to reread it to chuckle again later this evening

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: