You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Father-in-law Is Still Around

Real Ghost Stories

Father-in-law Is Still Around

 

If you read my last story "Visiting Relatives", you will know that my father-in-law was 1 of 2 spirits annoyed at me for not ending Jethro's suffering. The other was my grandfather as he loves dogs and has my dogs that have passed and brought Jethro up to Heaven.

But my father-in-law was here for a week or two before my grandfather came and hasn't left yet. Mostly he messes with my tablet. Turns it off, goes to the opening page, even brought me to one of the mod's stories from May when I pressed on a new story. He's quite a character.

The problem is he won't let me know why he is here. I read my friend yesterday and two of her relatives came through with a couple of spirits trying to come through, not connected to her, but neither was my father-in-law. He may be concerned about my mother-in-law because she has a pacemaker and a stent that she got a few years ago but she's exhibiting symptoms pre pacemaker/stent and lies to me about going to make an appointment or having one.

He could be worried about my daughter who will take pain medication in a week's time on a month's prescription. Then when she says she's in pain wants me to give her Ultram or Gabapentin. If I didn't give it to her in the past, it was WW3 in the house and she would get so nasty to me, my husband and sons. I would have to give her something just to calm her down. I did this begrudgingly because she has bit my one son at least once and the other twice when they try to restrain her from coming after me. I put my foot down and told her she will get NOTHING from me after she has nothing left. To be clear I NEVER give her ANY of my hardcore prescriptions. She can't or won't tolerate pain, I have a very high pain tolerance. I once fell asleep while the doctor was putting needles in my back by my nerves to burn the nerves and he had to wake me up.

He may be here to bug me to quit smoking because I need back surgery soon after neck surgery. Smoking impedes healing. I've never had a problem with healing in the past but I'm older now so I have to quit or he won't do the surgeries. One doctor told me that the screws in my back were coming out because of my smoking. He didn't tell me this before or at my last appointment 1/1/13. Four or 5 doctors told me this is B.S.

He could be worried because my husband hasn't had a full physical for awhile and has a pretty big umbilical hernia.

Okay with all this going on WHY won't he tell me why he is hanging around and messing with my tablet?

Red

Other hauntings by RedWolf

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, RedWolf, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-02)
WiniPu4
Thank you fot your kind words. Yes people certainly have higher pain thresholds than others. I am one of them so it's hard for me to measure pain, my daughter not so much. I too am worried about her drug consumption but she is on notice not to ask for ANYTHING from me ever again. She has a pain management Doctor but he doesn't want to see her every month,it's more like everything 6 weeks or so.
SMH. My management doctor see's me once a month sometims more.
WiniPu4 (207 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-08-02)
Hi, Redwolf:

My personal belief is that time is different in their realm and he probably knows more than any of your family regarding the bigger picture. He may be present to assist you with a future event, or he may be concerned about your child, your M-I-L, and showing support and love for you.
I don't know if you recall, but I also have 6 huge (4-in) screws in my lower back (L3-5), as well as other very painful diseases and have a very low pain threshold. Pain is subjective; some have more sensitive nerves than others. I'm NOT suggesting you give in to your child's demands, since I do find her over-medicating alarming. Perhaps you could investigate other means (for her) of blocking the pain like epidurals or nerve block injections from a VERY qualified Dr. I receive nerve blocks bi-monthly, which has enabled me to cut my meds by (almost) one third daily.
With all that's going on, why wouldn't he be there? Anyone in spirit that loves you would certainly be there to support you in any way possible. Whenever there is a lot going on here, the air feels thick with them. I acknowledge them and ask for help in making important decisions, and mostly for help in simply coping with stress.
I have prayed for you & your family and wish you the best getting through this difficult time.
Blessings,
Lynev
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-01)
Hecate,
So far since you have given me your response my father in-law has not bothered my tablet at all. I think he needed someone else to tell me what he's been trying to get through my thick skull.
I think he will be by my side to help me get through my greatest fear, more surgeries.
Thank you for being blunt and saying what my father in-law needed for me to hear. And thank you for the giant hug it made me feel better.
Regards
Red
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-31)
Hecate
I read your comments through tears. He knows that I have too much on my plate and I agree he wants me to forgive myself. He was like a father to me. Read Tweed &Vals comments and my response to them. But your comment although I cried took a lot of weight off my heart. Now I know he's here for me but not to pester me, he wants me to calm down. But I feel him playing with my hair and the question is popping into my head when are you going to cut this and donate it to Locks of Love like you promised?
Tweed And Val said to leave a document page open but now I'm hearing his thoughts telepathically. He is still very worried about my daughter but more about me. I think maybe it's me that isn't paying enough attention to the astral world because I'm wound as tight as a old time clock.
Thank you for pointing out that he wants me to forgive myself. Everybody does what they want and as long as I stick to my funs about not giving my daughter any more of my meds even if there is a blow up I'll be alright
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-31)
Val & Tweed.
I can feel my father in-law over my shoulder reading your responses.
Tweed I heard him laugh at your last statement so I think he is just messing with me to cheer me up.
Val he makes things dissapear only to show up somewhere else for years. He used to joke with me all the time so with him laughing at Tweeds last comment I think she hit the nail on the head.
Today I told my mother in-law I wish I could read her but I know her too well. The woman is so buttoned up and closed off psychically I don't think the best psychic in the world couldn't read her. So I lied and told her I had a dream about dad and he told me to tell her to go to the cardiologist. She said that was a big coincidence because her cardiologist office called and wanted her in at the end of August. She has a stent and pacemaker for about 5 years and has been getting out of breath doing something as simple as walking and I tried for months to get her to make an appointment and shs's lied about making/having an appointment but now she has no excuse. I felt him by me and gave me a little squeeze of approval.
Regards
Red
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-30)
Red, notice everything you mention that he might be trying to get you to pay attention to all comes through you. You go through everyone in the family and their current woes. Please forgive me if I am way off base. But as soon as I started reading this, I felt he has been trying to get you to forgive... Yourself. We always do the best we can, with our kids, our pets. They, now in spirit form, know this better than any of us. They know how much you love your family. He would send you love. I feel this. Please remember that love and not how it feels things that things are amiss. He, perhaps wants you to feel his love as you move through this very difficult time. Sending you a GIANT hug! ❤

Hecate
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-07-30)
Red,
I agree with Tweed, perhaps he's trying to communicate using your tablet. Certainly leaving it open to something like Word or Notepad wouldn't hurt anything. Perhaps pay more attention to what he does with it?
Personally, I don't think he's there about your smoking. Why mess with your tablet when taking the lighter or the cigarettes would be much more direct?
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-30)
Hi Red,

Did you read the story which he opened for you on your tablet? Perhaps it's relevant to him in some way, or perhaps something in the comments of that story is. Also is there a pattern to what happens to your tablet? Time of day, the sites you visit, the sites that show up inexplicably, that sort of thing. He might be trying to use the tablet to communicate with you, not so much to pester you. Or he's been trying to use it to communicate, got fed up, and is now pestering you with it lol.

Try leaving a text document open for him. Perhaps leave it over night. Leave your tablet plugged in so not to waste battery, also adjust the settings so there's no sleep mode, screensaver etc which might confuse him. Or leave a computer on in the house with a text document open so he can maybe type a message. Make sure any pets which might climb are kept away. So you'll know any message is coming from the other side and not from a curious pet!

It might also be that he's making light of a situation, trying to cheer you up, and that's why you're getting no response in asking why he's there. Another angle to consider.

Take care, hope you get it sorted soon. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: