You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: It Wasn't My Mom!

Real Ghost Stories

It Wasn't My Mom!

 

This is my first story, that I experienced when I was 4 or 5 years old. At that time I used to live with my mom, dad and my elder brother who is 4yrs elder than me. We used to live in a very small one room kitchen apartment. It just had a small room and next to it was our bathroom.

One evening it was just me and my mom at home. My mom went to our neighbours' home which was just next to ours, for some work. I was home alone for like 5 minutes or something and than I saw my mom enter our home. I wanted to tell her something (I don't remember it now) so I kind of jumped and went to my mom asking her something and talking to her but she just kept on walking and didn't even turned to me with a blank expression on her face.

She walked straight into our home and straightly to the bathroom. I was like 5-6 steps behind her. When she went into the bathroom the bathroom door was open so I followed her into the bathroom and for my horror there was no one in the bathroom. It as empty. I was so shocked and confused. Few minutes later my MOM came back from our neighbour and I told her what happened. She just laughed at me and brushed it off thinking I was just a kid. After that I never told anyone about this.

I am 19 years old now and have left that home 13 years ago. But still everything is so fresh in my head. I still don't know what it was. There are many more experiences by me which I will be writing soon. I never had the courage to share these things with anyone because no one probably believed me. Comments are welcome:)

Other hauntings by Fariya

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Fariya, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Aprajita (3 stories) (53 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-02-19)
I've read all of your stories they're really good. It looks like you've an old connection with paranormal. I'd love to hear more of them. Your recent posts bout your new home which you mentioned, is situated above a maternity hospital, I'm really curious to know more bout it. Do write more:) much love
Bonifaz (2 stories) (51 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-10-12)
Hello Mimi81,

A doppelganger as some sort of a prankster? 😁 Sounds nice.
But still many people consider them a bad omen, but, then again, probably not always.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-10-12)
Salem,

Can you provide references... Books and or 'links' that support your opinion? I ask because I am a former witch, now a Priesthood holder for a Christian Church and what you are describing is a very specific definition of a 'familiar'.

I will start here...

Http://wiccanmagick69.tripod.com/id15.html

(I placed some words in CAP's for imphasis)

"In legend, a familiar or familiar spirit is a supernatural being that helps and supports a witch or magician. Traditionally, a familiar is an animal, but some are said to be humanoid. Familiars often have special powers of their own. WHEN witchcraft is portrayed as a type of communication or alliance with EVIL FORCES in order to gain magical powers, a familiar MAY be considered a type of demon."

(From another web site...)

"In some traditions of modern Wicca and Paganism, the concept of an animal familiar is incorporated into practice. Today, a familiar is often defined as an animal with whom we have a magical connection, but in truth, the concept is a bit more complex than this."

Http://paganwiccan.about.com/od/magicandspellwork/a/AnimalFamiliars.htm

Now if we want to really 'break' it down A familiar in 'humanoid' form IS often called A Spirit Guide. (Personal Opinion and experience based)

So could you please provide either 'links' or Book titles so we can research what you are saying?

Respectfully,

Rook
Salem2411 (1 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-10-12)
That was a familiar spirit. It's a demon that studies someone & is able to transform to appear like them. It may be an ancestral spirit. These entities are dangerous & want to entangle themselves in your life to deceive you about how to find peace with God. Have had experiences with these evil entities. Learned how to expel them.
Mimi81 (203 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-10-10)
Bonifaz, I don't think doppelgangers are necessarily bad omens. I have a friend who saw one in her house. They moved, but nothing happened to either her or her family.

Maybe doppelgangers just like to scare people and mess with their minds. I don't think the doppelganger theory can be tossed out.
Bonifaz (2 stories) (51 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-10-10)
Hello,
I would discard the doppelganger theory. As far as I know, Doppelganger are omens of very bad luck, including the death of the real person. But since that house brought you and your family good luck, I don't believe that what you saw was a doppelganger.
I would rather go with aussiedaz' string theory, especially because nothing else had happened in your house before or after (except for, maybe, a resident guardian spirit or some lucky charm protecting the house and the people living there)
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-10-09)
Ankitresearcher - please make sure your caps lock button isn't on in the future. Thank you.
Fariya (7 stories) (52 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-10-09)
BellaKellan04: Yes dear we share same stories and also the fact that even my lucky number is 04:D
Fariya (7 stories) (52 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-10-09)
Aussiedaz and aliendewed: Thank you so much for your comment and information I didn't knew about these things:)
Fariya (7 stories) (52 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-10-09)
sds: none of my family members saw anything there, it was just me:)
Fariya (7 stories) (52 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-10-09)
strangelife: Thank you for your comment:)

Multiplyingchills3: Thank you so much:)

Sds: Thank you so much for your comment and information:)
strangelife (3 stories) (16 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-10-09)
This happened to me too! But am not sure what it was... May be just guilt or fear... I had woken up early for my studies and I really hate getting up early:D. So after a while I just slept thinking that if mom finds out I m dead. And then after a while of sleeping I got a feeling of being watched. When I opened my eyes I found my mom staring angrily at me and she just turned and went inside. I was so scared that she will shout at me so I went running behind to say 'Sorry' but could see no one. Then I checked the bedroom and she was fast asleep. I later told her that I was sleeping and had you come to check on me, but she said she hadn't. I still wonder what it was. Your story brought back that memory which is so crystal clear in my mind.
multiplyingchills3 (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-10-09)
Hello!
I really enjoyed reading this story, and in fact, something similar happened to a friend and I.
I was at her house, waiting for her to get back from gymnastics, watching T.V, when suddenly I saw my friend walking around the house, and when I called out her name, the person smiled at me, but kept walking. I laughed, but legit couldn't find her. I searched every nook and cranny of the house, but no one was there. Finally, the doorbell rang, and as I rushed to open it, there was my best friend, in her gymnastics gear. I asked her "How did you get into the house earlier? How did you get out? I didn't hear the door!" She looked at me, all confused, and replied "What are you talking about? I just finished gymnastics ten minutes ago, I only got here now?"
We have spoken about our experience a lot since then, but both she and I agree it was not her, and we have come to calling the girl 'Fake Lacey'. I believe it was perhaps an unruly spirit, trying to mess with the heads of the inhabitants of my friends house. We are never sure what TYPE of spirit, but we agreed on it being the force of a supernatural cause.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-10-08)
SDS, you are correct, there this is no concrete evidence relating to String theory, however it is taken very serious and probably will replace the big bang theory in due coarse... What I think may also be possible and Stephen Hawkins touched on this just recently... For every possible action we take, there is an opposing decision pending... For example, I'm about to go to work right now, then what if I decided not to go? There would be in a sense, two possible self conscious physical actions pending. Did the author consciously pick up or tune into one of her mothers probable actions and did her mother take another instead? Maybe!
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-10-08)
Hi Fariya, thanks for sharing your experience. I want to ask, did you or your mother or anyone of your family members see or experience similar sighting? If so, please do share and if the timings, the day etc., are similar it could be residual. But very difficult to say. It could be doppelganger.

You can ask the present tenants of the house if they had seen or experienced any such events.

Aussiedaz, I also thought of Many-world interpretation of Quantum mechanics but with very limited information and with only one sighting, it is quite difficult to say. Further, it is only a prediction or suggestion of string theory with no concrete evidence.

Regards and respects to both of you.

SDS
Ankitresearcher (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-10-08)
you are welcome
Fariya,
I think its like THE SPIRIT LIKES TEACHERS, or THE SPIRIT MAY BE A TEACHER HERSELF,
AS the house BRINGS LUCK for TEACHERS ONLY,
And IT MAY EVEN HARM IF A NON TEACHING FAMILY LIVES THERE.
SO the OWNER MIGHT KNOW THE FULL STORY I GUESS!
AS ONLY TEACHERS ARE ALLOWED THERE BY OWNER!

BUT
ITS GOOD,
A LUCKY HOUSE FOR TEACHERS!
MY MOM IS ALSO A TEACHER,
WOULD BE GLAD IF I COULD GET ONE TOO!
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+4
9 years ago (2015-10-07)
String theory suggest, there are many parallel universes simultaneously in existence and in some of them, we live almost identical lives as to this one with some variations. On occasions, these universes mesh together on the same frequency causing some static to certain observers, not all that hard to happen, it's a bit like hearing a radio picking up two frequencies at once, this is perhaps what you where doing... You picked up on one of these other parallel universes and tuned into your mother walking around her home. Often they won't see or hear you, because in their realm... There tuned into thier frequency and can't respond.
Aliendewd (6 stories) (22 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-10-07)
Fariya. A Doppelganger (German - literally Double Goer) is a look-a-like or a Persons double. This can often be something paranormal and is regularly seen as a Portent of something sinister or a bringer of bad luck.
BellaKellan04 (2 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-10-07)
I've experienced the same thing... My parents never believe me when I tell them things like this. They think its my imagination. But it isn't. I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing this.
Fariya (7 stories) (52 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-10-07)
otteer: Thank you so much for reading my story and believing it:) I hope YGS publishes my other stories soon aswell:)
Fariya (7 stories) (52 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-10-07)
Ankitresearcher: I don't know anything about the history of that house but the only thing weird about that house was it was always rented only by teachers. The owners used to tell us that ever since who ever rented this house they were all teachers and so was my mom. And even after we left that house the next tenant was also a teacherand this continous even today and also one thing that this house was very lucky for who ever lived in it and was also very lucky for us. Thank u:)
Fariya (7 stories) (52 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-10-07)
sheetal & cheyenne24: Thank you for commenting:) and bdw, What is dopelganger?
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-10-07)
Fariya... This is shortly spooky story... It seems to me residual haunting or it can be doppelgänger 😕
cheyenne24 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-10-06)
Hmm. Interesting. Are you familiar with doppelgangers?
Thank you for your story.
Ankitresearcher (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2015-10-06)
Fariya,
Did you check the history of the house later?

I think it was a spirit and as young children are more sensitive to spirits the spirit wanted to tell you something and the something was in bathroom but you were too small to understand.

But
I cannot surely tell as there are THOUSANDS of possibility.
Like,
The spirit was evil one and wanted to scare you and as soon as your Mom came, the Spirit disappeared...

But I think its definitely a PARANORMAL EXPERIENCE! 😁
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-10-05)
Oh I believe you, have heard of this happening too many times. How frightened and confused you must have been at such a young age! As for what "it" was, I couldn't say, others will chime in i'm sure. I'm glad you are finally able to share this with someone, to be silent for so long! Looking forward to hearing more of your experiences!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: