You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Wake Up!

Real Ghost Stories

Wake Up!

 

So, this is my first encounter with what I believe is a spirit along with my first written piece on YGS.

My boyfriend and I have moved into a small flat that's about 100-150 years old. Nothing major happened, misplacing small items to find them in other places but, I put this down to having a lot of stuff to organise still.

Anyway, last night we were watching television to hear what sounded like footsteps in our bedroom. Of course, my boyfriend went to check it out only to see the empty room. Now, let me just state that no one lives above, to the sides or below us so we ruled out any noise from neighbours. We dismissed it and continued to watch television. It was around 11:30pm when we heard the sound of running water coming from the taps in the kitchen. At first I thought this was my imagination but my other half also heard it. Once again he goes to investigate to find that there was no running water.

We decided to call it a night and I eventually dozed off around 12:30am to only be woken up by what sounded like a child shouting extremely close to my ear, "WAKE UP!" As I said earlier, no one lives anywhere near us. I obviously woke my boyfriend up and asked him if he heard it. He didn't hear it. I know it wasn't a dream because I do not dream. The voice was so clear and loud! It almost sounded playful?

I don't feel threatened or anything I was just wondering if anyone had any advice on what to do? I don't mind the taps and the missing objects as much but I was slightly scared to be woken up by someone shouting down my ear!

Thank you for reading:)

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, caimor, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

caimor (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-19)
Hi guys sorry it's been so long since I've been back! A few months after uploading this I suffered from a miscarriage and after that if wake up to find cupboards ransacked, lights on, taps sounding like they're running, foot steps too. My boyfriend and I moved out of this flat and quickly moved into another. This new one is very old and has some interesting history behind it. We believe there may be something here so maybe I'll have some new stories!
Thank you ever so much for all your advice.

Caimor x
kaykay3313 (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-10-20)
You have to be careful with all of this. It could be the spirit of a little boy or it could be something dark posing as a little boy to gain your trust. If I was you I would say aloud I know your here I saw you, please don't bother me while I'm sleeping. And if the thing's keep moving and you keep hearing little noises I wouldn't fret. But if thing's take a turn for the worse than I would contact a priest or an elder of whatever religion you believe in and talk to them about doing a cleansing of your home. Hope I was helpful!
dreamer01 (1 stories) (117 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-10-18)
some interesting occurances.

Can I give you a different take on this.
Just the first thoughts that sprung to mind after reading your account of your happenings.

Keep a diary/ journal of anything that happens, weird feelings and all.

Avoid being overly stimulated 1-2 hrs. Before bed. That includes all the usual suspects, alcohol, caffeine, tobacco, creepy movies and any other negative things.

Have you tried some nice soothing, meditating music or some kind of relaxation method?

If you are religious in any way looking there as well would not hurt. Why I say this, and, I am loathe to say it as I have openly stated that I am quite sceptical about many things but, I find reading some religious text is comforting for me.

After a few weeks see what happens. If things are ramping up then it maybe an idea to do a ritual cleansing of yourself and your home.

Please have faith in yourself. There is nothing you cannot do including taking full control and ownership of the space you live in if that is what you want.

Take care and keep us informed, thankyou. 😊
Bonifaz (2 stories) (51 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-10-18)
Hello Caimor,

Yes, I would also say that you have the ghost of a small boy in your flat. It is really old, and was probably built during the Industrial Revolution to house workers of some factory.
This little boy seems to be a playful trouble in trousers, but not a bad spirit. I, personally, would accept the fact that he's there and not tell him to go away.

BTW. We all dream, many people just can't remember their dreams when waking up.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-10-16)
caimor: welcome to YGS.

It seems like someone is trying to get noticed. Perhaps you should try to acknowledge his presence and, at the same time, ask him not to disturb you (assuming it is a little boy).

For what you say the spirit isn't evil or trying to harm you. It is possible that he is a previous resident of the house that, for some reason, hasn't crossed over.

It would be a good idea to do a cleansing of your house and tell him that it is time for him to go to the light where his loved ones are waiting for him.

Keep us posted.
rdam122 (5 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-10-16)
Seem there is a ghost involve. Does it happen any other time as well or just night time when you're about to go to sleep and during sleep?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: