You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Recent Paranormal Experiences

Real Ghost Stories

My Recent Paranormal Experiences

 

Not too long ago I wrote about seeing my grandmother, 'nanny', at my grandparents' old house. Don't worry if you haven't read it, it doesn't apply to this. I was so pleased and blown away by the kind responses I received. I guess I'm so used to being called a liar or other things online when I try to relate my experiences. Thank you for that, and now I feel comfortable enough to tell about the experiences in my house.

I don't want to say my house is haunted, to me that implies that the experiences are almost daily and powerful. No, this is, um, more low grade.

The first episode happened probably about 8 months now, maybe longer. In my upstairs hallway we had 2 stacks of floor boards (2 in a pile), about 5 feet long and quite heavy. I must stress these have been there for more than a year. My brother and I were in my room, which is just steps away from the boards, and my Mom was downstairs. As we were watching TV or playing a game we heard a huge crash. Mom comes up and we look in the hall and all 4 packs of floorboards are thrown about the hallway. These just didn't fall over (and hard to imagine they did since they've been there for over a year or longer) as one of the pack was five or six feet from the rest near the end of the hallway.

We were standing around kind of talking about what we're seeing when an equally huge BANG happens downstairs. I'm not going to lie, I felt a huge fear in the pit of my stomach. I lead the way and go downstairs but there's nothing fallen. We check the basement and nothing there either. Whatever made the huge crashing sound left no trace, it felt like it was literally just below us, but it almost felt like an echo of the first bang if that makes any sense. It was pretty scary. I have since rearranged the floor boards into 1 pile against the wall and nothing further happened.

Okay, fast forward a few months and I'm in my bed sleeping. I snap awake, not sure why but I sat straight up in my bed and there was a shadow figure at the end of my bed. It had its arm up in the air and it looked like it was holding a knife or a hammer, and I screamed. Yes, I'm a man and I'm telling you for the second time I screamed, the fear was immense. When I screamed I closed my eyes. Within seconds I can hear my mom running up the stairs to see what's going on. I open my eyes to try to warn her (like that'd help!) but the shadow figure is gone.

A couple weeks later I'm in bed again, and it's probably around 1 AM. I'm laying there, thinking about my father who passed away a few years ago, when I feel the end of my bed sink down, like someone sitting there. My heart jumps in my throat, I feel the fear and I look down expecting something, but there was nothing. Not a minute later I hear my mom yell, she just experienced a weight go down on the side of her bed too. It's really freaky how at almost the exact same time we both felt the weight go down on our beds. I don't think it was my father, there was no comfort in either of our rooms.

The next morning the phone rings, this is early, like 6 AM. My mom answers and right away she said she felt the hair on her arms go up and get the chills, the same way I am as I'm typing this. She says hello, but gets no response, but on the other end she can hear faint conversations, but in hush tones. She says hello a couple more times, then she hears the scariest thing she ever heard. A little girl giggles and says hello. Mom hung up the phone and looked at the caller information from the call, Unknown-Unknown is what it said. Now this might not seem scary to you, but Mom says just the way she laughed, and the way her voice sounded, it wasn't natural. It sent chills through her.

A few months later I'm laying in bed, trying to have a nap and quite overtired. I doze off, but I wake up feeling the inside of my bed pushing up in my back. The bed itself wasn't moving, just the inside of the mattress. I can feel it moving up into my lower back, over and over. It takes me a minute to process what's really going on, then I get annoyed and say "Stop it! I'm trying to sleep!". The poking slowly subsides and I fall back to sleep without further incident.

Now we're up to just a couple weeks ago, I was in my bed sleeping again (I nap a lot because I'm recovering from cancer) and I wake up the damn shadow figure is back at the end of my bed. This time it lunged right at me, right THROUGH me and I guess out the wall behind me since head of my bed is up against a wall. Of course I screamed, I covered my face and screamed "NOOOOO", I felt the chill as it passed me. It happened so fast, within 5 seconds it was over. I was shaking. Then I got angry, I said "Come on, do it again! You only do it when I'm sleeping, you're a coward! I'm not afraid!". Now in hindsight it's not the smartest decision I made taunting the ghost, but I was just so damn angry. I don't want to feel fear where I lay my head.

So that's it, if you made it this far thank you for reading. Nothing has happened since and maybe nothing will, that's why I'm leery of claiming my house is haunted. I bought a voice recorder after the floor board incident but received zero EVPs. It disappoints me but it's probably a good thing. Our house was probably built in the 70s, only had a family or 2 live here before us in late 1980s. To my knowledge there's been no deaths, but about 200 meters down the road is the local graveyard. It's not a big graveyard, maybe a total of 100 at most (yes my father is there). Alot of them are older tombstones. Anyways, feel free to respond if you have any ideas on what it is or if you had similar experiences.

Other hauntings by Horrorfan85

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Horrorfan85, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

cirice (2 stories) (1 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-02)
This was all very nicely written. I hope you and your mother are feeling well soon. Do let me know if anything else happens! 😊
CreepyBattenberg (1 stories) (26 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-22)
Thank you for sharing that, I enjoyed reading your account.

I think that the best thing to do if things are bothering you is to ignore what's happening and not give the entity/entities attention as this may encourage the activity to continue or increase. Especially when you are recovering from a serious illness.

Take care my friend
Agua (4 stories) (61 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-21)
Thanks for that account. This is just me, but I'm a firm believer that the less attention you pay to them, the better. There are obvious theories about that, but one thing is apparent; theses entities are doing things to seek attention for some reason. It's been my experience that if you don't communicate with them or think about them incessantly, they don't really become very active. Your experiences are a lot like my own, just isolated WTF events.
chapulin1234 (guest)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-19)
Hello Horrorfan85, seems like lots have happened to you and your family, I wish everything is going well for you and your love ones,
I don't think the house is "haunted" per-se, maybe is just the area, transit spirits if you will? 😕,
Blessings,
Claudia
Horrorfan85 (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-19)
I said in my earlier comment I had the first surgery in January 2012, I also had 2 more serious surgeries in January 2013 (followed by an infection 2 weeks later) and in December of 2013. So there's been a lot of different energies that spirits might of been attracted to.
Horrorfan85 (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-19)
Thank you everyone for your comments. I was diagnosed in summer of 2011, had a big surgery in January 2012, and an emergency surgery 3 days later when bowel burst. In February Dad was diagnosed and he passed just a couple months later. He was not a believer in the paranormal, he outright dismissed such claims, one of those persons who would see a ghost right infront of them and shrug it away. I tried to get EVPs from him and as much as I want to see him, I think he's in a better place and not biting. At least not in a way I can see or hear. MAYBE the sitting on the bed was him, but the shadow figure and phone call were definitely not. Perhaps the graveyard does have an effect, and maybe my cancer has made an energy that attracts them. Dark energy does want to feed on people at their weakest, so I just have to keep positive. Again thanks for your comments and I'll talk to my Mom about the smudging!
dreamer01 (1 stories) (117 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-18)
I hope both you and your mother are doing well and that you are recovering from your trials. Can I suggest that you both learn meditation from some one you feel comfortable with. I believe it important to create as much positive energy in ones life which inturn draws more positive people and experiences to you. I tend to agree some what with most of what the previous commenters have said that the cemetery maybe creating negative energy around you but I am no expert in these matters.

Take care and blessings to your family 😊
Amzu15 (19 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-18)
I would also suggest you getting your house cleansed. And I also agree with jaxxxantor that you might have become sensitive to the paranormal after you dad's death (sorry about that). And the graveyard could be an issue too. Hope it helps.:) .and don't be afraid.
Jaxxxanator (3 stories) (11 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2015-11-18)
Firstly, I wish you good health and blessings. Secondly, have you thought of perhaps smudging your house and having it cleansed? Is it possible that your dad could be the presence at the end of the bed because you thought of him? I know when my mom and I both had cancer (different periods in my life) my dad made his presence known quite often. I agree with "somewhatsceptic" that perhaps the energy of the house is being affected by the graveyard particularly because of your health, I wonder if perhaps your dad could be trying to be a "guardian spirit" in your house? Another possibility is that because of your health and losing your dad (not sure how long ago that was) it has made you more sensitive to the paranormal? It happened with me when I lost my dad at 12, within a month I sensed his spirit and others to this day. Apologies for a long comment, but I hope its given you food for thought. Hope things settle down:)
Somewhatsceptic (2 stories) (15 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-18)
very well written and very informative, It could be that having a graveyard so close could be messing with the energy in your house, If your dad was in that graveyard that might be why its getting focused on you and your mum. Of course I don't mean to be disrespectful with anything I say but the fact you have been recovering from cancer might play into it, something like that is obviously a big thing in your life and would certainly change the energy in your house. Can you remember if you were better or worse at the time of the incidents,
I wish you good health and the best of luck.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: