You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Shadow People :: When It All Started

Real Ghost Stories

When It All Started

 

Now when I was little (2-4 years old) I had experiences along with my mother and although some of them I don't remember very well, most of them have been stuck in my mind forever.

One day my mom was talking to my sister about what she was experiencing, hoping that my sister would say she was experiencing the same thing so my mom wouldn't feel crazy. But I heard the conversation and asked my mom if she was talking about the "Shadow Man".

This freaked out my mom a lot and she asked for a description of him and so I told her about him. I told her that he looked like a shadow (now that I have looked back on it he was wearing a cloak) and would stand at the edge of my bed staring at me and would sometimes talk to me (I don't remember what we'd talk about). My mom then told me to never talk to this "Shadow Man" and that he was bad and that he was not my friend.

My mom told my sister to make sure that I didn't talk to him since we shared the same room at the time and she did exactly that. She had begun to tell me he wasn't real and that I was seeing things and hearing voices, but I told her that he wasn't an imaginary friend and that he was real and I could see him and hear him. I never pretended he was imaginary cause he was there and he was peaceful for a time but then things began to get bad.

One night when I was 3, I was up late just thinking about stuff and my brother who was sleeping on the top bunk of the bunk bed started moving and at first I thought he was just playing around with me until I saw he wasn't moving his arms or his legs and I saw that he was being dragged off his bed. I was too scared to call my mom and instead I just kept saying, "Stop" in a quiet whisper and then my brother was hanging halfway off the bed with his head towards the ground. And then he fell as if whatever was holding him just let go and my brother started screaming and my mom came in angry that he had fallen and she picked him up and that night he slept with her. She didn't know exactly what I saw or what happened that night until I told her about a year ago.

Then awhile after that I was at my dad's and I had woken up in the middle of the night and the TV was on static which had me a bit on edge already but I kind of ignored it and moved closer to my dad and closed my eyes then I heard shuffling noises. I closed my eyes so hard it hurt but I didn't care cause I didn't want to see what was behind me until I felt hands grabbing me by my legs, arms, hair, and shoulders. I opened my eyes to see 5 cloaked figures grabbing hold of me and trying to hang on and drag me off the bed as I grabbed my dad by his hair and his shirt screaming to the top of my lungs. My dad woke up and turned on the light by the bed. When he did this I was free and they were gone and my dad, confused and angry, asked what was wrong and through my tears and fearful gasps I told him it was the Shadow Man. He had heard about him from my mom and my sister and he started to yell at me telling me that he wasn't real and that I was getting to old to be afraid of the dark or to be imagining things.

Then when I was 4 I was asleep until I felt like I was floating and I awoke to find I was actually being carried towards the back door and I freaked out and fell to the ground and confused I got up and went to go sleep with my mom.

Finally when it was my 5th birthday, my brother and I were in our room playing with our toys. We had these nets in the corners of the room that held up our stuffed animals that we didn't play with and one of them was flew across the room and we were the only ones in that room and we both ran out crying and told our mom and dad what had happened.

This wasn't the last incident with this thing but the other experiences is for future posts. I am interested in your opinions on what you believe the "Shadow Man" could be or anything else related to the story. I apologize if this story is at a loss for details but I was very young and don't really remember much.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Klore, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

MaybeADreamer (4 stories) (58 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-12-15)
Hi Klore,
I too believe in shadow people, I believe that they have visited me in the past, I have a story on my profile about this.

I don't know what they are but I do believe they are around, waiting to scare us.

There were only 2 in my experience and I was scared witless, to see 5, well, I would of cried I think!

I can't hep you but I wish you well with this.
Regards
Sara. Xx
FallenAngel101 (2 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-12-11)
Oh wow.
That's so weird.
Is this still happening? If so, are you the only person who it happens to?
Glad you weren't harmed or anything,
Fallen
Somewhatsceptic (2 stories) (15 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-12-07)
Shadow people are quite common, they often seek and feed off attention, to say you spoke to one if quite strange and i'm sure the conversations were quite spectacular, you could talk about ghost sports and ghost weather. To be serious, the fact that they went away could mean that one of your parents got someone in to bless your house.
Jones1992 (2 stories) (6 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-12-06)
Feeling very thankful I haven't experienced anything like this! Can't wait to read your next post!
Paranoid_believer (1 stories) (35 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-12-05)
This story has left me scared out of my mind and I don't think I have the stomach for more. It was very spooky especially the part about '5 cloaked figures' and 'floating towards your backyard', am glad you were not harmed!
Amzu15 (19 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-12-04)
I do believe in shadow people. According to me their main motive is to scare the hell out of people and this just keeps on increasing. I think ignoring it might help. And I am really interested in hearing about you experiences. Are they still there or has it stopped? Xx.
Regards
Uzma

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: