You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Demons / Possessions / Exorcisms :: A Night I Will Never Forget!

Real Ghost Stories

A Night I Will Never Forget!

 

When I was 16 years old my father passed away and this caused me to waiver in my faith; I was born and raised Catholic. I wasn't really a practicing Catholic but I had my beliefs.

Well, at that time I questioned why would he take my father away from me, so I was mad. I was 17 years old, just got a car and loved to drive.

I was invited over to my friend Anthony's house one summer night and decided to go hang out with him. A little about Anthony: he is what I refer to as a required taste; very dark, messy and does things for attention but for some reason I liked hanging out with him because I never got in trouble. A lot of it was my mother couldn't stand him and my father was indifferent to him. But my mother not liking him made me want to hang out with him more.

So we're hanging out at his house in his basement playing video games and chatting. After a while we were just talking about nothing really, but he made a comment and I said "Oh God."

Without missing a beat he says "God huh? You still believe there is a God."

"I'm not sure anymore. I haven't really seen much proof since my dad died." I said.

"God is a fraud it's all smoke in mirrors." He said. At that exact moment the lights flickered quickly.

"Did you see that?" I said.

"Need any more proof?" he said, laughing.

"Dude, let's just drop it," I said as I stood up. He walked past me and went to the bookshelf and took a bible out. He threw it on the ground and said, "I'll show you there is no God. I'm going to take a piss on this bible and watch, God won't stop me."

At that moment I was done and wanted to leave. I turn to leave when I notice that it got really hot in the room. My back was to Anthony but he wasn't saying anything. I got a really bad feeling, like a horror movie. I turn and see him frozen in place his head tilted back and his mouth open.

In shock I say "Anthony are you alright?" and I notice a foul rotten egg smell and his head snapped back in place and I see his eyes roll in the back of his head and the lights flicker again but came back on very dim. I thinking he was up to his old tricks said "Knock it off." He started laughing maniacally and his voice started to deepen throughout the laugh.

I started to freak out a little and went to leave again. All of a sudden I feel a hand on my shoulder and he steps in front of me blocking my way. I could feel how hot his hand was through my shirt. I pushed him off of me and started moving backwards as he advanced slowly. I tripped over the bible on the ground and finally he started talking in a deep guttural voice in a language I didn't understand.

At this point I am completely believing that he is not kidding. I've known him for years and know that he barely has a grasp on the English language let alone a foreign one. Not knowing if it would even help I pick up the bible and he winces and moved his head away and fell to the ground with his body kneeling and his head resting on the couch. I open the bible and just start reading out loud.

I couldn't even tell you what I was reading, I was just so freaked out. I turn the page and hear him say ever so slightly but still in that deep voice "Stop it!" I ignore him and just keep reading then all of sudden the bible it pushed from my hands by some supernatural force. I look at him and I see he is drooling and his eyes are still white. He says, "I've been watching you and I will always be watching you. I will come back to visit you in 7 years."

Right after saying the lights go back to full power and he is literally thrown on the ground and he starts coughing and rolling around like he's in pain as the temperature in the room goes back to normal. I stand back as he sits up and says "What the hell happened?" I say "Anthony, I have to leave right now." He tries to stop me but I just run out. I get in my car and can hear that voice in my head.

Anthony and I stayed friends for a few years after this incident and he asked me not to tell him what happened. He says he completely blacked out and doesn't remember a thing.

Now, I know how this story sounds. Even typing it seems far fetched but it happened just the way I described. After that we lost touch but as I think back on it now, maybe my mother had a point!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Plthrill25, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Bee_Beans (6 stories) (41 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-01-10)
I have noticed that certain stories give me goosebumps. I've come to realise that only the stories with a movie-like quality have that effect on me. Certainly sitting on the fence with this one! Thanks for the story, though.
roylynx (guest)
+1
8 years ago (2016-05-26)
OK, I am starting to think that this is again one of the problematic one.

Well, one question for anyone.
Why does all encounter happens to be always after sunset? Is it because we are all less aware of normal things around us that we might see abnormal thing?
I have heard of a story by a diving instructor encountering spirits under the sea during an afternoon, could that be a true story?

Anyhow, I wish Plthrill25 will prove that I am wrong about this story being one of those problematic ones. So sad just thinking about it.

E.Lynx
Shrush (3 stories) (46 posts)
-2
8 years ago (2016-05-24)
Hey guys... I am back after a long break:)

It was first story, I read after I am back as title sounded interesting but I am very very disappointed: (

After reading the story, my expression was like 'WTF! Am I reading ghost story or watching Batman vs Superman movie...'. This story is absurd and totally weird.

I am not interested in God or Holy stuff but have little knowledge about it and according to it, I have few questions-

1) What happened after 7 years?
2) Why demon or whatever that bad thing stopped your friend from pissing on holy book?
3) How can your friend piss in his own basement?
4) If your friend was doing such things and you were not involved in such things, then why that thing threatened to see you after 7 years?

Waiting for your reply...

-
Shrush:)
Paranoid_believer (1 stories) (35 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-05-24)
Am sorry but you failed to mention what happened seven years later after that night considering the time should have elapsed by now or did you miss that? Also, the dialogue in your story seems like plot convenience to me!
Honestly, I don't think God would posess a human in a demon-like manner, study your bible and you won't see anything of that sort. Lastly, why would your friend who was curious to know what had really happened immediately after gaining consciousness later ask you never to tell him what happened? I hope the fence isn't filled yet bcos i'm joining the others on it!
Respectfully,
PB!

This comment from Graycat5 is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-05-21)
"Trolls smells from far". Time to put some SUN light on the peeing ediot.

Tigervan
Troll Pertol Unit
2nd1st (1 stories) (118 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-05-21)
Hi manafon, no I never encouraged him. Later in life he had to get loads of tattoos to cover over the scars.

He was once a very normal kid but lost it big time in his teens. Then he normalled out in 20's and then became one of the most stuck up arrogant people I have ever met in his 30's. Funny how people change so much over such a relatively short time.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-05-21)
It's hard to believe a story that includes some sort of body waste in it. 😐
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-21)
2nd1st--I enjoyed your descriptive account of your teenage satanist friend. You weren't kidding when you said he was "high maintenance"! I had a couple of those too. Not the whole satanist/branding route but friends who were unhinged in their own slightly endearing ways.

I have to ask if you were ever tempted to indulge your friend every once in awhile. Like when he was in one of his burning religious books while reciting incantations moods if you ever walked in and tossed him a hymn book or something. I'm not making light of your friend, he sounds like he had some serious issues but I can imagine my 15 year old self giving him minor encouragement once in awhile. Of course that probably has more to do with my ignorance and naivety at 15 than anything else!
XxDeathbladexX (2 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-21)
I also didn't believe in god but if you don't have hope on god this type of things happen the evil gets a chance to take your body.
Did you tell this to anyone?
2nd1st (1 stories) (118 posts)
+3
8 years ago (2016-05-21)
Tweed and manafon, the website is forbidding from up voting you guys anymore.

As for the story, I'm going to take a fence as well (not a typo, just jumping on the pun bandwagon).

Not wanting to imply that it seems unlikely to be wholly correct (okay yes that is what I'm implying) but it does seem to be questionable for the same reasons others have pointed out.

This Antony fellow does described in the story does actually remind me of a former friend of mine.
He was one of those guys who in his teens decided that he was a satanist because that's what he thought his favourite heavy metal bands wanted, he would buy bibles and other religious books to burn while reciting incantations he'd made up. He branded one shoulder with a circled pentagram he made of wire and super heated. He also carved several large inverted crosses into himself with a knife he heated to red hot. On one occasion he did it right in front of me.
We were both about 15 or so at the time. I remember wondering whether I should try to disarm him but noo he had the full on crazy going.

I remember once having to talk him out of petrol bombing a local church. Talk about a high maintenance friend.

There was nothing supernatural about any of it. He was just a guy with some really serious issues. Story just reminded me of it
elfstone810 (227 posts)
+6
8 years ago (2016-05-21)
They were in the basement. I now have this mental image of his mother standing at the top of the stairs yelling, "Anthony! Anthony, what are you doing in that basement? Are you peeing on the floor again? You better not be peeing on the floor again! Don't make me come down there!"
RANDYM (2 stories) (266 posts)
+6
8 years ago (2016-05-20)
To the o/pee of this story all I can say is gee whiz
If a friend did that to me I would have been pissed
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
+4
8 years ago (2016-05-20)
I read this story last night, wanting to comment on it but just felt like, "I got nothing". Tweed, your response just nails the absurdity of this tale! I imagine though that all the responses this little tall tale of "possession for peeing" has generated are exactly what the o/p was hoping for. The forced dialogue and dramatic modern day horror film cliches that make up this story just scream of a young person trying out their writing skills on the long suffering YGS community.

I suppose for the o/p it's "mission accomplished"!
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+3
8 years ago (2016-05-20)
Oh Tweet, That's hilarious! 😭 😁 😭, goodness, let me catch my breath...whew

Now that's a heck of a story. Rook has a point, I don't think the Heavenly Father would possess someone to stop them from peeing on a bible. Personally I think this would fall under the "free will" category and one would be able to pee, in the house, on a bible, like an idiot. Sorry, that's just the way I see it.

Bet this fence is going to fill up quick.
Tweed (35 stories) (2497 posts)
+6
8 years ago (2016-05-20)
Who the heck takes a leak on their own floor?

Reminds me of The Big Lebowski.
"They peed on my rug, man."
"They peed on your rug, Dude."
"That rug really tied the room together."

Were there any drugs involved?
RCRuskin (9 stories) (817 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-05-20)
What year did this happen? What happened seven years later, if that amount of time has already passed?

So many questions not touched on here so it's hard to know where to start asking.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+5
8 years ago (2016-05-20)
Ah...Ummm...Ok,Ok I'll bite...

Are you now 23/24 years old? Its been 7 years... Is there going to be a sequal in our future?

The details you relate can and may happen during an opression or possession however... Having said that... This particular sequence of events... Well there is just something 'not quite right' about it. That's my PERSONEL OPNION...

Here are some questions...

You stated your friend was 'dark' can you please explain what you mean?

In the sequence of events you describe your 'friend' dares Heavenly Father to stop him from ruining a 'Good Book'...how did he end up possesed? Heavenly Father would not send a Demon to stop him from peeing. However your friends possession prevented him from peeing on the Bible? Counter productive don't you think?

Sitting on the fence, crossing my fingers there is not a sequal.

Respectfully,

Rook

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: