You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Devil's Backbone Apparations

Real Ghost Stories

Devil's Backbone Apparations

 

I guess I should start my story by stating that I am a full practicing witch so that you can understand the many Ghost encounters I have had over my lifetime were pretty common. But on this one occasion while I was visiting my favorite camping area at Canyon Lake Park near the Devil's Backbone area, I had an encounter of so many ghosts/apparitions it was a bit overwhelming for me to experience.

In case you are not familiar with the Devil's Backbone region, this area is supposed to have countless stories of ghostly encounters mostly involving Confederate Soldiers, hearing Calvary horses and encounters with Native American apparitions as well. My encounter was a very unique one that I haven't heard of before on the region so I am wondering if other people had the same experience I had on that fateful March night back in 2008?

I don't remember the exact date but it was sometime near early March when I decided to go to the park and take a break from witchcraft to try to be a normal human for at least a day haha! I chose that fateful weekend because there was a threat of severe weather so I knew there would hardly be anyone at the park. As I registered with the park ranger, the lady was kind and said there were only 4 other guest brave enough or crazy enough to be in this 1000+ acre park and to be careful while I was here.

I really enjoyed the day being out on the lake with my kayak and rowed across the lake to grab a bite to eat at the local restaurant that was part of the marina area of the lake. Even though there were threats of severe weather, it only lightly rained off and on throughout the day so I stayed relatively dry although maybe a little water logged at times from the rain and swimming I did throughout the day.

It was so nice to take a break from my 24 hour witchcraft and I was secretly wondering if maybe I should just try to live like a normal human being from now on, to focus on the living and not the supernatural aspects of my life. I felt like I was battle worn from the life I was living and this vacation was something I really needed in my life to get some type of normalcy to it if just for a day!

Well, as night fell on the region I placed my boat back on land, swam a little more and decided around midnight to head up to park area 5 since it was the highest area of the park and had beautiful views of the stars to see while I watched a movie from my battery operated portable DVD player. By then the rain stopped and it was becoming partly cloudy so I thought it would be a good idea to see a movie under the stars and enjoy the night I hoped would never end!

As I was heading to the highest part of the park, I noticed that there were deer feeding at night and they became very skittish as I passed them by to the lone park table I was going to sit on to watch my movie. What made me feel uncomfortable about the deer was that they did not seem to be afraid of me, but of something that was approaching our area and then they came!

I was determined to be a happy camper that night and not a witch so I purposely ignored all the warning signs of an approaching supernatural experience that was about to unfold around me so I kept thinking to myself, "Not tonight. I am going to watch my movie." As I was heading to the lone stone table that I was going to view my movie at, I kept having visions of that stupid Blair Witch movie and kind of regretted I was making fun of evil earlier in the day. I can be a little arrogant towards the supernatural but that is probably caused by the many years of experiences I had with it, so my apologies.

At any rate I climbed on the table and started watching the movie I brought with me titled "Lady In The Water" which seemed appropriate since I was in the water the whole day earlier. Well, as I was sitting on the sacrificial table, yes I know it was only a stone park table but I kept having visions of it being a sacrificial table for some reason and then I started seeing ghostly apparitions from the corner of my eye as I was watching my movie. At first it was just a few entities but then hundreds came and walked past me as I was attempting to see my movie. Well, needless to say these apparitions had my full attention by now and I was trying to understand why they were gathering in my area for?

None of these ghostly entities seemed to ever been human but had human form even though I couldn't see their faces because they were all wearing medieval looking masks to hide their identity. These mask were very European looking and had a very Celtic Pagan look about them. I thought this was extremely strange because I never heard of European encounters in this region before so I don't understand why these entities were in this region?

Fortunately for me as these things passed by most were either ignoring me or completely oblivious to my presence and they seemed to be more interested to attend some type of celebration they were about to have and didn't seem to care I was in their presence, except for one entity that had a definite interest in me and it seemed mischievous which was unnerving.

While all of this was happening I kept feeling things crawling all over my legs and arms so I took a chance and turned on my DVD player to convince myself that there were no bugs on me. So I shined the light on my legs and arms and found all types of bugs crawling around me, from silver fish to centipedes and I understand that I am in a forest but really? That was enough for me to feel like maybe I wasn't welcome there and I didn't want to disturb their function whatever it was so I quietly and slowly left the area, but one small entity in a medieval jester looking costume kept following me.

So I went to my car and locked the door. Fortunately I didn't set up my tent equipment because of the wet ground so I could leave the area anytime I wanted but decided to try and get some sleep until morning came to go back home.

As I was sleeping in my car I kept seeing that small entity jumping up outside my car and playing peek-a-boo with me by peeking and hiding from my window throughout the night. Well, after about an hour of this game I had enough and decided to just drive to my home, which was over 70 miles away, to end this strange night, but that thing somehow followed me to my home and stayed there until dawn came.

I still to this day do not know why this happened and I am so angry at myself by not staying there to find out why those things were there! I was just battle worn and wanted to live a normal weekend for just once and stay away from the supernatural world when this happened to me. I still don't know what these things were celebrating because it was too soon for an Ostara celebration. Perhaps these entities do not celebrate human holidays but have their own time clock for their own celebration, I have the feeling I will never know?

Well that is my story and I am glad I survived it, I just wish I had more information why those things were there, sometime in the future I will return back to the area as a witch to fully investigate the "Scene of the Crime" haha and hopefully find out once and for all why those things were there? I seriously doubt I will be lucky/unlucky enough to have that encounter again but if I do, I will update this story to let you know what I find out. Until then, be well and take care of yourself and I promise to do the same!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ShadowFire, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ShadowFire (guest)
+1
8 years ago (2016-09-19)
Thanks Willow12 I really appreciate it, I do try to keep my composer during stressful or scary situations, I find it very helpful to hopefully make the right choices during those times!
willow12 (2 stories) (10 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-09-18)
I enjoyed your article. Thank you for sharing. If that were me I would have freaked out and left right then and there and never look back. I thnk you are very brave
ShadowFire (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-09-17)
I thought I would make one more comment about the situation I had with my Devil's Backbone experience and life in general if I may?

When I am faced with an unknown factor in my life or find myself in danger I try to look at my encounter in a completely unbiased way. My first goal is to survive but as I am going through the process of what is happening to me I try to keep a mental picture of what is going on so later I can re-examine what was happening to me at the time and if I should make adjustments the next time a similar encounter takes place?

In the case of the entities I witnessed at Canyon Lake area 5, I tried to take into account all the strange things happening around me during the encounter: The deer were nervous not of me but of something that was around me, My gut instinct was telling me that there was a strange and unusual supernatural event/encounter that was about to approach me.

I did not feel in immediate danger from the apparitions that passed by me since I was not the target of why they were there, their objective seemed to gather together to attend a celebration and not to have contact with a human being.

Although these entities seemed "creepy" and strange, I did not necessarily see them as evil creatures, they did seem mischievous like children who get a little too carried away during a Halloween night out running amuck in the street.

I also felt bad like I was imposing on their festival gathering but in all fairness I was in the area first and my objective was to watch a movie under the stars and not to have contact with spiritual beings, I also didn't try to sneak up on them just to be nosey.

To me it just seemed like an unfortunate event where 2 worlds briefly merged into one existence where I was trying to watch my movie and the entities were gathering to have their festival.

I don't understand why there seemed to be a ripple in the Universe where the Spiritual and Physical World merged for a brief few hours at that area, was it the result of a natural phenomenon hiccup or Spiritual Intervention? I don't know?

I'm not sure if these entities were intentionally ignoring me or never knew I was with them as they walked past me since they never acknowledge my presence around them?

There was only 1 entity that did notice me and it mischievously stayed with me throughout the night and followed me to my home 70 miles away.

This strange event was a 1 time occurrence and I haven't seen any of the entities or jester like creature since,

I don't know what to make of this whole situation but I decided in the future that if I find myself in a similar situation I am going to be more forward and vocal to the entities that are passing by me, I will be respectful, politely ask why they are there, and if I am intruding in their space? If so I will leave in peace if not I will stay and will also be honored to attend their function on condition it is a peaceful function and if it is appropriate for me to stay with them during their celebration.

I understand that the risks are high but what a wonderful once in a lifetime opportunity it would be to have contact with spiritual beings to learn why they are there and what they are celebrating? I'm willing to take that risk, I just regret that at the time of the encounter I had with them I was not in the receptive frame of mind I needed to be in order to have meaningful interaction with them. I would have loved to ask them if I could join their celebration if it was appropriate and learn from them why this night was special to them.

Well that is all I have to comment for now, I have thousands of paranormal stories that happened to me throughout my life but this one in particular is what bothered me the most because I feel like I didn't have closure with it.

I don't know if I will be sharing any more stories on this site but I am extremely grateful being able to share this one with you and I'll try to actively comment on the other stories I see on this site from time to time.

I am an ordained minister, an author/writer of my 2008 online published book "A Year And A Day In The Craft" a consultant, and if you will have me as a friend I would honored to be one. All the services I perform as well as my book are completely free of charge and I absolutely refuse any form of payment for the work I help with. It is strictly against my personal beliefs to accept any form of payment so that a person knows I have no ulterior motive to help them for monetary gain, I only help a person out as a friend!

If you are in the vicinity of the Austin/San Antonio area and just want a confirmation of a possible ghostly presence in your area I will be more than honored to investigate your concern completely free of charge. If you are at a distance from my area I can offer online help of what to look for during an investigation and every angle you should take while trying to figure out your unusual phenomenon, well take care and if you need any help feel free to contact me philipsatx [at] yahoo.com or ask a question on this site and I will try to help you here thanks everyone for your time and patience and so grateful to have found you here!
ShadowFire (guest)
+1
8 years ago (2016-09-16)
Thanks Biblio that was a wonderful description and explanation about the history of Witchcraft that I enjoyed reading, thanks for the share!
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-09-16)
I got all the way through it Biblio and was totally [inspired/excited/impressed/awed] by the whole of it! 😊
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+3
8 years ago (2016-09-15)
On the history of witches and alchemists: explanations with narrative examples.

1. Witches.
The modern connotations of the "witch" as depicted in the middle ages tended to be promoted by people with a vested interest in keeping everyone afraid of their power (Kings, Lords, Knights, etc.), or by people who saw them as competitors for the attention, trust, and financial remuneration of the local populace (Doctors, Priests, etc.). This is why the descriptions of witches' powers varied widely. Doctors would accuse midwives of witchcraft in order to charge for their own 'expert' services. Likewise, the "Wise Woman" -often the midwife, but not always- would be acquainted with centuries of learned Herbal Lore and would prescribe mixed ingredients, much like traditional Chinese medicines, to be held against the skin or consumed in a tea or a soup. (Before we dismiss this as old-fashioned nonsense, I would point out that Wise Women often suggested pressing a freshly-cut strip of willow tree bark against the forehead to cure a headache; willow tree bark naturally contains salicylic acid, which it the active ingredient in aspirin.)

Another good target for persecution would be old widows whose continued life was a drain on resources or prevented an inheritance, so lonely old ladies (or lonely old men, "witch" is a gender-neutral term) who kept a cat or two for company became part of the stereotype. As for riding brooms to fly through the air, having a broom could be entered as evidence in a witch's trial, despite the fact that nearly everyone owned at least one broom. Birth marks, liver spots, scars, body hair, arthritis, and osteoporosis were also acceptable as "evidence." If your crops didn't grow but your family needed food, you could either blame the nobleman who owned the land -and to whom you paid taxes- and try to rebel against his authority, or you could believe that killing senile Mrs. Wentworth would lift the curse from the land. Given that only one of the two individuals employs heavily-armed body guards who wear clothes made of forged steel, who are you going to blame first? After hanging, burning, or drowning the old woman, you can go home feeling as though you've protected you children from the evil menace, get blessed by the priest for doing "God's work," get an extension on your taxes from the nobleman who orders you to plant new crops in the suddenly-available land that has lain fallow (thus is positively saturated with nutrients) since old Mr. Wentworth died of a fever 5 years ago, and -lo!- the new crops are bountiful! The Priest tells you the crops are God's blessing for being a good, loyal servant of the church, so the fact you've murdered a harmless old lady who'd lost her beloved and some of her sanity gives you nary a twinge of guilt. Since you've produced the crops, the nobleman won't complain when collecting his taxes from you, and everyone is happy until the next old lady needs to be sacrificed to appease public opinion.

Before anyone asks: Yes, people really were capable of that level of stupidity. They still are.

2. Alchemy.
While he was HONESTLY QUESTIONING what was meant by the modern use of the word "witch," Bizzjoe decried "alchemy and such, because we are a lot less ignorant today" which is mostly true; however, the technology upon which we rely to communicate is only capable because of the modern understanding of chemistry. Chemistry, as a scientific process, was a by-product of the note-taking skills of the alchemist Sir Isaac Newton, because he took precise measurements of absolutely bloody everything before, during, and after each experiment, and yet more measurements each time he repeated it, just to be sure.

Yes, the man who invented Calculus because the entire field of Mathematics wasn't sophisticated enough to handle his ideas; the man who hated his stepfather so much he hid from doing his chores (picking apples from the orchard: an apple didn't hit him on the head, he was hiding from them!) in the barn's hayloft, wondered why the moon didn't fall down, figured out that it is *always* falling, but keeps traveling because it's trying to fall PAST the Earth, then left the written-out idea (complete with equations to support his observations) unpublished on a shelf for 20 years because it was interesting but not important; the man who was so intelligent, his professor stepped down from his job so Newton could have it... BEFORE Newton had even finished earning the college degree he "officially" needed to get the job; the man who was appointed to run the almost-bankrupt mint, so he improved the furnaces' efficiency by about 200%, then decided another 3 furnaces would really help to stabilize the economy by keeping enough cash in circulation to prevent "I.O.U." debts, and if there were ridges around the edges of each coin, maybe counterfeiters wouldn't be able to make fake coins out of fragments of real ones; the man who then used his knowledge of alchemy and calculus combined to hunt down and prosecute the single most successful forger of coins in England (thus creating both Forensic Accounting AND the legal Expert Witness *by accident*!); HE was an alchemist because he was trying to prove that everything could be transformed from one thing to another, and thus all existence would be a deliberate and unified totality, therefore his Christian belief would have an irrefutable mathematical proof. He was trying to use alchemy to discover quantum entanglement as evidence that God existed. People get hung up on the lead-into-gold idea, but that was a mere example; the BIG goal was humans-into-angels, thereby ridding the Earth of sin. CERN, by the way, bombarded a lead nucleus with enough protons to attract extra electrons into stable orbits and wind up with gold. To make a gold nugget would cost (roughly) Italy, but it really *could* be done.

Sorry if I got carried away, but I thought that the interconnectedness of calculus, temporal mechanics, chemistry, quantum physics, and their combined origins in experimental alchemy would be of interest to everyone who got ShadowFire's explanation of hyper-dimensional awareness. If Einstein was right in his conjecture about time being "a stubbornly persistent illusion," the events did/are/will happen/ing now, just a few centuries over, where their co-ordinal orientation won't interrupt everything else that is/was/shall happen/ing in the same alwaysspace, everywhen. Simply put, [it/we/he/she/they] cannot [be/am/are/is/were/shall] otherwise.

The explanations I've given for each subject are independently verifiable, and I apologize if I've mis-remembered any of these facts; it has been a long day.

Best to those of you got all the way through this.
-Biblio
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-09-15)
Shadowfire, you're preaching to the converted when it comes to ghastly apparitions and 'demonic' entities. So much unnecessary fear abound with all that, gives me a giggle at least. πŸ˜‰

You shouldn't have any problems with Christians here, there's a few and they're great. I've only known Christians to be a cool bunch. But then I didn't grow up in Texas!
ShadowFire (guest)
+1
8 years ago (2016-09-15)
Thanks Rook I will try to stay in touch with this group at least until the life time ban hits me haha, hopefully not! In any case it certainly is an honor and privilege to get to know so many wonderful people on this site, I sincerely thank everyone for putting up with me this far! πŸ˜‰
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-09-15)
WHEW! After reading all this and "kind of" hanging on, it seems like I'm on the outer side of the hurricane that ShadowFire described πŸ˜†

But please carry on. I am intrigued!
ShadowFire (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-09-15)
Hi Tweed, I proudly can proclaim that I have not been banned, but LIFE TIME BANNED on so many sites it is not even funny, well maybe? I have sympathies for the poor moderators as well and apologize well in advance for my writings πŸ˜‰

I know my tone of writing may seem arrogant, unsympathetic at times but I truly do love people and hope that what is on my mind can help stir up the pot from time to time. I think that is one of the reasons I was killed when I was a witch back in 17th century when the village idiots decided to kill me not because I was a witch, but because I was a loud mouth talker that doesn't know when to shut up haha!

It's funny I really didn't want to have my article turn into a Good Verses Evil discussion, but I understand how things can get out of hand. It's just that I see so many articles of Wicca, Witchcraft and the discussion of evil is kind of taboo or pushed aside.

Yes you are right I am in extreme conflict when it comes to matters of religion and Ghostly apparitions I have had contact with. What is good, what is evil? Perhaps that term is subjective to each individual that has to decide for themselves what is right or wrong, I don't know?

For me though I try to have a positive attitude and embrace everything I see even if it means my demise which is a very strange concept eh? I have the strange feeling that everything on Mother Earth should be embraced and loved! Well try telling that to a poison Ivy plant that would love to make a fool out of me as I embrace it with love. The Witch side of me reminds me that some plants, people, and uranium 238, should always be left alone haha.

In my entire life I have had contacts with Christians and Pagans and the 2 really don't mix too well, sometimes I forget where I am at in the moment and a Christian wants to befriend me on Facebook only to be horrified that I am a Witch that has many Wicca friends even though I am a solitary practitioner of magic. I try to reassure my Christian friends that Wiccans do not bite, only vampires so no worries here haha, bad joke but I hope you get the point.

So how does all this rambling tie in with my original story of the Devil's Backbone Apparitions? Well I hope as a person experiences a ghostly phenomenon that they have an open mind and try to please take into account that their religious background may cause them to falsely interpret. What they are seeing?

For instance there was an entity that once approached me that started walking with me, but became grotesque as I was walking with him. Well if I let my Christian background interpret this scenario, I would probably think that I was walking with a demon disguised as a young man so that he could get close enough to possess me, but that is not what happened! In reality this young individual apparition that walked with me wanted to show me how he was shot in the head and that is what caused his deformity when he ran away from me in fear.

That was an easy scenario for me to understand in that instance that happened back in the middle 1990's but in the case of the Devil's Backbone story, I really am confused as to why there were so many spirits there and why did my Divine allow me to be a witness to such an interesting gathering of Spiritual entities in the area I happened to be at? Perhaps you are right the Jester maybe some type of symbol that my Divine wants me to understand that I can't change who I am so I should embrace the conflicts within me with open arms?

Because I have contact with Christians and Pagans I have to be careful whenever I am around either particular group so as not to offend them or their beliefs. This causes terrible conflict in my life and is the source of my being torn up from the inside as I cope with the differences I must face in my life.

In my youth I was talking to the spirits via Ouija board and my much older very Christian brother in law unexpectedly entered my room to ask if I saw his car keys, I was communicating with the dead and invited him to join me, haha, well that didn't go too well and was lectured about the dangers of demonic communication with a satanic device? Wow I thought I was having a nice conversation with a spiritual entity that needed contact? Oh well, my life was never the same again and what I see as my attempt to understand the unknowns in life is thought of to be a slap in the face of the Christian God they worship?

Can you see why I am such a confused kid? I never really quite grew up but I would never have it any other way so I hope that as each person travels on their individual religious or secular path, they do so in peace. Before I go I want to end with a quote from another movie I absolutely adore that explains my religious path perfectly. In this scene Jack Sparrow and His first mate Hector Barbosa were fighting with swords for eternity. Elizabeth exclaimed "Who's side is Jack on anyway? And Will Turner responds "At the moment?"
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-09-15)
Shadowfire,

Ah, now I understand where you coming from. What you do works for you at this point along the Path we all walk. Thank you for the description of finding your inner peace... That calm quite place that allows us to feel or sometimes 'see' the connections that intertwine and weave everything together.

Enjoy your vacation, will you be 'out of touch' or will you still check in here at YGS to continue this discussion/share more experiences?

Curious minds want to know. πŸ˜‰

Respectfully,

Rook
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+3
8 years ago (2016-09-15)
Tweed - no kidding LOL I am going to have to schedule some reading time to get through all this πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰
ShadowFire (guest)
+1
8 years ago (2016-09-15)
Thanks Biblio, I am going to have to do research on Dan Akroyd and his father, I'm on vacation this week so I have plenty of time to research, Cheers and thanks for letting me know! 😁
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+4
8 years ago (2016-09-15)
tehe, figured this would be one of *those* threads, poor mods! πŸ˜†

ShadowFire, you're clearly well read and have put a lot of thought into your stance. For that I commend you. 😊

In reading your responses I got the sense you're conflicted, and this is manifesting as somewhat of a spiritual 'wage war' attitude between good and evil. Heck, it's even manifesting on this thread. However, perhaps this conflict is within you, something you're dealing with or have been for some time. Something not necessarily pleasant or paranormal in nature. The jester figure could be representative of this.
ShadowFire (guest)
+1
8 years ago (2016-09-15)
Hi Rook thanks so much for your reply and I totally get why "Texans" do not understand what location really means, haha, for instance when I hear someone say they traveled from Rhode Island to New Hampshire in less than 2 hours time I think that is impossible because I mistakenly think every state is big as Texas! Heck, we have a single Ranch "King Ranch" in Texas that is bigger than the entire state of Rhode Island!

I will try to be brief concerning my statement of separating my witchcraft from my Divinity. You see in my view I agree that everything in our cosmos is connected with one another including for the sake of discussion a Divine force, please humor me folks haha! Just to let everyone know I have no issues with any religion or atheistic beliefs as long as their goal is to harm none.

The reason I separate my Divine Being from my Circle Casting Rituals is the same reason I separate everything from me when I am in my sacred space. You see everything from the smallest atom, to the entire cosmos, to you. To me and the Divine I believe is watching over us is too overwhelming for me to comprehend while I am in a sacred setting.

Try to look at it this way. Imagine everything in the cosmos including the Divine is in the form or a Hurricane. This incredible powerful beautiful force is swirling around us very violently as I attempt to gain my focus in a sacred circle. Instead of fleeing from that storm though what I do is embrace it and allow that Hurricane to consume me, as I am in the violent storm I create an Eye, a Circle Casting area that is within the calm of the storm so I can focus peacefully on the events that are surrounding me. My circle casting is not to offend or repel my connection to the universe or my Divine Guide, it is to embrace it while being in a calm area so I can center, ground and focus my energies of what matters the most to me: To have connection and peace with the powerful forces that are constantly swirling around me. Hope that explains why I separate my rituals and yet keep my divine close to what I am doing, my friend. 😁
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-09-15)
ShadowFire,

I am well and truly impressed with your detailed replies. I truly understand where you are coming from and I must admit that after I posted my Comment concerning HWY 32 being 'the Devil's Backbone' I remembered how Texans view AREAS in our State and that an area could be as small as 3 blocks or could reference the entire State depending on the topic of conversation. Glad you enjoyed Lunch πŸ˜‰.

I do wish you had mentioned that the spirits you were witnessing were more in your minds eye, rather than passing by you physically, for me at least it explains things more clearly.

Now a few things concerning something you have stated

I, during a certain period of my life, called myself a 'Solitary Witch' (please see my profile for details) and Proudly called myself a WITCH for many years and after reading your replies here you have stated some thing (s) that concern me. Let's start here...

(Quoting you)

"I have very deep religious convictions but I try to separate my Witchcraft from my religion when I practice my ceremonies because I feel that although the ceremonies are very sacred to me, I need that time away from my Divine Being, and any distractions from the physical world as I work to understand the life forces that are around me and to use that time to improve my strengths and weaknesses as well as to help better understand the realities of life that shields us from the occult world. To me Witchcraft is not a religion but a practice I engage in from the blessings of the spiritual gifts my Divine gave me if that makes sense?"

This just may be your present position on your life's Journey however I feel I must say something...

(MY OPINION HERE FOLKS)

How can you not see that which connects us to the Devine and the physical, the very 'life forces' you describe, are all part of the same tapestry. It is all interconnected, an attempt to separate the two creates stumbling blocks along our spiritual path of development. We must ask ourselves this; those of us who have these 'gifts' (is that the right term) these 'abilities' are they for self-benefit or do we have them so that everyone around us may benefit from the knowledge we have access to?

To separate ourselves from the Devine so that as an individual one can practice and understand the life forces around you will only allow so much progression for you as an individual. This is because the 'source' of Mother Earths Life Force, our Own Life Force and indeed all Life Forces, either Spiritual or Physical are one and the Same... That which you refer to as 'The Divine'.

Now I freely admit that I no longer call myself a WITCH, however that does not mean I no longer practice... I have Joined a Church. I have been ordained as a High Priest and I have seen my 'gift', my 'abilities' grow rather that diminish.

However that is my path, yours, as well as everyone else's will be unique to them. But until you stop trying to separate the Divine from your Ceremonies and Rituals they will be lacking in strength and understanding.

Again, this is MY personal opinion.

Thanks for sharing your experience and replies with us.

Respectfully,

Rook
ShadowFire (guest)
-2
8 years ago (2016-09-15)
Hello 2nd1st and thanks for your comments, I will try to address your concerns in the order you gave them:

(1) in regards to Spiritual Laws, I can assure you they are in place and there are rules that limits a person or entity to break those laws. This is a terrible example but I will give you a crazy scenario of how the laws are in place, let's say the supreme ruler or referee places a rule that no human can use their own strength to lift a billion pound rock to throw at one another in combat, well I don't think that is a rule I can break so there are rules that can't be broken in my opinion during combat.

(2) in regards to your second concern: I don't have an ego in battle I either exist or I don't. Since I don't have an ego or fear of an opponent I really don't care if I win or lose, the object of the game is to continue to exist. As long as I exist I have the will to fight and will continue to do so until my opponent is vanquished or I'm dead and cease to exist. If my opponent destroys me, jolly good work old chap, I commend my enemy for being so strong. I wish no harm to occur to anyone, even to my enemies but in a combative situation, I will stop at nothing to destroy my enemy. That is why a soldier prays for peace, because it is they who will have to make the ultimate sacrifice of their own life or their adversary to preserve the peace and safety of their group they are from.

(3) In regards of your quote ***"Also you seem to imply that you put yourself in a position to be attacked to give yourself an opportunity to best your attacker." end quote*** I really don't understand why you think I am trying to bait an adversary to attack me so I can ambush it? That is completely against my principles in life since my intent is never to cause harm to an adversary, but to politely warn them to not attack me because I will do nothing to provoke them. My strategy stems from the sayings of Theodore Roosevelt who had the mentality of "Speaking softly, and carry a big stick". I shouldn't have said in my original article that I openly invite any adversary to attack me because I will be defenseless, that was the worst out of context written thing I said about what I meant, darn! What I should have said is that if an adversary entity were to attack me, I will embrace its wrath with open defenseless arms but reserve the right to use the full force of my capabilities once the combat begins. In all essence, my shields are down you are free to attack me if you must, but be advised that if you miss and I am still standing I have the right to return unmerciful force back at you until the conclusion of combat occurs.

(4) Your final concern to use caution is greatly appreciated in my dealings with the unknown, but in all fairness that is not how I am wired to act as an individual. My mission in life is to boldly go where no one has gone before. I know it is an arrogant attitude to have, but since I have peaceful intentions I am not afraid to tackle the unknowns of life even if it consumes me to my death. I wrote in my article that I was an extremely dangerous person to contend with or be around, because I have no fear, no worries of winning or losing, my only objective is to move forward until death occurs, if by some miracle I survive then wow I am eternally grateful I faced that impossible task with the courage to follow through a process that seems impossible to achieve. Humanity has this desire as well, why did humans go to the moon? It was an impossible dangerous and foolish task to do that almost guaranteed certain death for the ones who took the risk, but for one brief moment when Armstrong set his first foot prints on the moon, it united the Earth with a feeling of solidarity and connection we so desperately need in our lives and it is that spirit that motivates me to try my best what ever I do as long as I am here and alive!




"there are rules those non living entities have to abide by in combat with the living."- are you sure? If there are rules, how are they set and how can you be sure that such rules would be followed?

"... Is what makes me so dangerous to an evil entity that would be foolish enough to attack me..."- I really don't mean to sound harsh. But people often under estimate their adversary and over estimate themselves. This happens in all forms of fighting. All you have to do is make one wrong slip once and if the other guy is quick off the mark, that's it. Doesn't matter who you are, there is no one who can guarantee they will always win. To think otherwise is a very dangerous mindset.

Also you seem to imply that you put yourself in a position to be attacked to give yourself an opportunity to best your attacker.
This is one of the oldest tricks in the book, but a bait and hook ambush is always a very dangerous tactic, so much so that high end professionals will seldom attempt it unless absolutely necessary.

I don't mean to sound harsh, but I really think you need to take a less reckless approach. You are dealing with a field about which very little is known and you are tugging on its tail just to see what it does.
ShadowFire (guest)
-2
8 years ago (2016-09-15)
Bizzjoe if you don't mind I would like to comment on your concerns about witchcraft being an old outdated religion that modern society does not need.

You have to forgive me because I am going to make assumptions about you based on the comment you made: "That you have faith in modern technology, believe it is the only possible rational explanation to the realities of life a person has to face in this physical world of ours" but even your faith in science has "spooky magic" that Albert Einstein so eloquently exclaimed and dammed about in his observations of particle matter entanglement in the Quantum field. You see Albert Einstein considers Space/time to be codependent on each other for the natural laws of physics to occur in your modern world, but space and time are independent and separate from each other in the quantum field. Have you ever wondered what it is like to multi dimensional walk through a time portal that is a noun and not a verb? Time is not an action but a place (a noun) that independently exist with space that is what Einstein missed in his calculations of space/time. What does this all mean to the lay person? That our "modern" conceived realities are completely false and we have no ideal what true reality is from a modern perspective!

Witchcraft in my belief is a practice, an observation of the natural and supernatural aspect of our Earth. Einstein was only half right, he concentrated on the natural laws of physics, but there are spiritual laws that completely contradict the laws of physics that modern society ignores.

You see in order to understand the need for knowledge of the "old" ways you have to tap back into your primal self. Modern society has become too clinical, too sterile that they forgot the number one rule to follow when it comes to our continued survival: "Listen to your Instincts". These old ways of trial and error that every species has developed over time is the key for that species to continue to survive.

I know you will never understand this quantum quandary riddle but I want to share it with you anyway: "How can you be here, there, everywhere and nowhere simultaneously in a place that does not exist? The answer, go to a quantum field and you will find the answer to that perplexing question, haha! I have and I find it very similar to the ritualistic traditions some witches have regarding circle casting. "To pass through the veil to a place that is not a place, to a time that is not a time," This passage rite during a circle casting ceremony is exactly in line with the true realities I have observed from a Quantum perspective that your modern world is attempting to understand from it's limited perspective of understanding life. So I have to ask the critical question: Is modern society as sophisticated as it think it is or is it blind by it's on reliance of a faith in Science it can never understand?

Do you want to know a scary thought? The atoms that make up your being comes from the recycled earth so your current entity living form came from other organism that shared the same atoms you now possess and they are still using them in their time frame, but the real clincher is that when you expire there are life forms in the future that will and currently occupy the same atoms you now possess. That is what the essence of Witchcraft means to me and something modern society will never understand unless they figure the riddle I just gave you regarding what true reality is in the physical world. In true reality death does not occur, every living entity that existed in this cosmos is still valid alive,

Look at this article describing Einstein's belief of reality in his later years quote:

***"Surprising as it may be to most non-scientists and even to some scientists, Albert Einstein concluded in his later years that the past, present, and future all exist simultaneously. In 1952, in his book Relativity, in discussing Minkowski's Space World interpretation of his theory of relativity, Einstein writes:

Since there exists in this four dimensional structure [space-time] no longer any sections which represent "now" objectively, the concepts of happening and becoming are indeed not completely suspended, but yet complicated. It appears therefore more natural to think of physical reality as a four dimensional existence, instead of, as hitherto, the evolution of a three dimensional existence." end of quote*** source http://everythingforever.com/einstein.htm

If you really want to know the riddle I had regarding the quantum quandary riddle of being "here, there everywhere and nowhere" all you have to look at is the clue the quantum entanglement has concerning particle A with particle B. The reason particle A can instantaneously interact with particle B regardless of the distant involved is that the conjunction between the 2 particles of matter stems from the vibrational frequency of super string theory of a 5th dimension that is infinitely small yet fits over our entire 4 dimensional universe! This 5th dimension although infinitely small is what holds our entire universe together. And is what makes objects seem to appear and disappear out of existence! Time is not a factor or relevant in the 5th dimension so you have to discard your normal expectations of what you believe if you are in a room of a 5th dimensional scale, if you decide to move within that dimensional structure an observer outside your field of view will see you existing everywhere within that field because time is not a relevant factor to the condition of your existence! Look at Shrodinger's live dead cat paradox for an illustrating of what my Witchcraft practices has revealed to me.


I know my original story centered around the apparitions of Devil's Backbone, but in all reality, the rabbit hole of that strange event goes endlessly deeper into the peak of how strange and bizarre the Occult world (hidden world) your modern society is unable to understand from a true reality perspective.

I wish you well in your modern day life and secretly hope that one day your eyes can open up to the original awe and wonderment our magical life truly is that science has destroyed with it's clinical, sterile, and exponentially boring and depressing view of what true knowledge is. I only conclude this remark as a friend and not one that is condescending to you or anyone else that solely places faith in modern society, thanks for allowing me to address your question.
2nd1st (1 stories) (118 posts)
+3
8 years ago (2016-09-15)
"but strangely, in all of their existence, they do not have the ability to develop their intellect and remain at a child like primitive level" mate, I think you had a spiritual encounter with Donald Trump.

Sorry, sorry, couldn't help it.
But in seriousness, and I admit I am no expert on matters of the supernatural, but some of what you are saying does worry me.
:

"there are rules those non living entities have to abide by in combat with the living."- are you sure? If there are rules, how are they set and how can you be sure that such rules would be followed?

"... Is what makes me so dangerous to an evil entity that would be foolish enough to attack me..."- I really don't mean to sound harsh. But people often under estimate their adversary and over estimate themselves. This happens in all forms of fighting. All you have to do is make one wrong slip once and if the other guy is quick off the mark, that's it. Doesn't matter who you are, there is no one who can guarantee they will always win. To think otherwise is a very dangerous mindset.

Also you seem to imply that you put yourself in a position to be attacked to give yourself an opportunity to best your attacker.
This is one of the oldest tricks in the book, but a bait and hook ambush is always a very dangerous tactic, so much so that high end professionals will seldom attempt it unless absolutely necessary.

I don't mean to sound harsh, but I really think you need to take a less reckless approach. You are dealing with a field about which very little is known and you are tugging on its tail just to see what it does.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+3
8 years ago (2016-09-15)
ShadowFire,

Because you did ask:
1) the expert on hauntings & demonology was Dan Akroyd; his dad had been ghost hunting for years.
2) I sat in the balcony to watch it on the big screen; I've not even seen a trailer for the new version.

I'll ponder the rest as I get ready for my morning, and respond later.
-Biblio.
ShadowFire (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-09-15)
Thanks for the grammar lesson biblio I will try to be more attentive on the auto correct πŸ˜‰ In regards to your concern about allowing myself to be vulnerable to my enemies, I am a light hearted loving person by definition, I would rather have a stranger as a family member rather than an enemy, so I embrace all energy whether it is helpful or harmful to absorb me.

My bold statement was not meant to entice a bully to provoke me but to warn that bully it is going to have to deal with me for eternity if my Divine Being allows me to counter attack it.

As far as death is concerned, humans are very frail creatures and the sacred life force they possess can easily be snuffed out by an evil entity if the Supreme Divine force allows it to execute the individual from what I have experienced in my past. I understand your concern for a living force to face a non living entity and there are rules those non living entities have to abide by in combat with the living.

I already briefly died twice and I know exactly what to expect on the other side, I am willing to gamble that what I have seen on the other side is worth the risk to protect humanity from evil forces I have seen in some of my encounters with these evil entities.

You know it is very strange some of the creatures I have encountered with are thousands, millions, billions of years old, but strangely, in all of their existence, they do not have the ability to develop their intellect and remain at a child like primitive level which limits their ability to attack a foe or to grow as an individual human would.

I apologize for being cheesy but in all honesty if you ever seen the original "Ghostbusters" movie, the entities I encounter are almost identical to the villain entities of the movie. Look at how child like Gozer the destructor is in the movie. When She/He/It ask Ray the question "Are you a God?" that hilarious scene is exactly how these primitive entities think. The other hilarious scene where the dog like creature that possessed the Character Dana and Peter asks to speak to Dana, her possessed reply was "There is no Dana only Zuul!" yep, I don't who the producers had as a demon consultant to the movie but I would love to meet them because I feel they are dead on (no pun intended) about low level demon behavior.

I really appreciate your concern, in all honesty if I were to be killed by an apparition, I fully expect to directly go to Heaven/Summerland to be with my Divine Ruler and the Spiritual family that is waiting for me on the other side, but if my Divine Ruler allows me to take revenge for the death caused by the evil entity that caused my death, I will gladly hunt it down to attack it for eternity.

I am sorry I am so into movies considering the countless hours I spend at the gym, running cycling and training to be in the best shape of my life, but I would like to leave you with a favorite quote of mine that perfectly explains my mentality. In the original star wars movie, Obi Wan Kenobi said a peculiar thing to Darth Vader "You can't win, Vader. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine!" Humans are frail weak, but we do have two possessions a primitive non human soul will never have, the ability to grow into omniscient like beings and having the will to live continue our existence even after our death has occurred. Most people think death is the ending of a person's soul, but for me I see it as the beginning of the next level of consciousness we have to face when it is our time to cross over to the other side.

My will to live, to continue on even after my death is what makes me so dangerous to an evil entity that would be foolish enough to attack me and my respect for the Divine I worship and the anger I would contain will be a limitless supply of energy to attack the evil being for eternity if my Divinity allows me that choice. You see there are Spiritual Laws everyone and everything must follow, even me, but I just wonder? Would an evil entity that has been around for billions of years risk the endless torment or final death my blood will demand if it were to attack me? There is an old saying, if you are afraid of the boogey man become the bogeyman and they will fear you! These entities know I will become their bogeyman and will come after them if they attack me.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+3
8 years ago (2016-09-15)
Greetings, ShadowFire.

First, let me thank you for your detailed response.

Second, please beware trusting the "autocorrect" functions on your computer; I think that the last line in Paragraph 4 should read "I was not *inebriated* in any way to impair my judgment." Being abbreviated, on the other hand, would probably require a very sharp blade...

I am more concerned, now, with your habit of traveling "completely vulnerable to any attacks. I refuse to use any shield techniques for protection and openly and invitingly accept any entity to attack me." This is rather like volunteering to be bait for bullies. You seem to have been fine thus far, but eventually, even the best lightning rods burn out and need to be replaced. Your speculation about the abilities you will have, post-mortem, I presume are based upon your Astral Plane experiences. However, you're overlooking the obvious point that when you Travel now, you've got a biological battery charging your spiritual form; your death would --by definition-- remove that connection. "If that entity is successful in killing me I will fight with it for eternity on the other side making its existence a living hell for eternity." Well, an undead hell, perhaps, but if the opponent is strong enough to overpower you, whence do you intend to draw power to retaliate after your demise? I don't see the logic in your argument. *IF* it kills you, it must have obtained power from somewhere, but killing you would empower it further, if it has the capacity to consume spiritual energy (if it does not, there doesn't seem to be much point in bothering to kill you). Then, while you are being consumed, you intend to find the same power source that the entity has used --possibly used up-- in order to kill you? This is tautological. The remainder of your 8th paragraph reiterates an attitude which -in an American court of law- would be described as "criminal enticement" (with optional additions of "reckless endangerment" and "breach of the peace" charges).

Thanks again for answering all of the questions. I still have serious reservations, which lead me to suggest the following: be more careful. I'll let members who have greater knowledge of witchcraft than I converse with you on the other points.

Best,
Biblio.
ShadowFire (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-09-14)
Thanks everyone for reading my post and the questions you had for me I will try to explain as best as I can. My apologies because I am going to try and address all the questions you had in one extremely long winded response, thanks in advance!

I have been a full practicing Solitary Witch for practically my entire life now, I especially love to engage in High Ceremonial Magic, conduct solitary rituals during the 8 recognized Sabbaths of the Year and perform spells and Rituals on the Esbats of Moon phases. In my lifetime I have had thousands of encounters with Supernatural Entities some of which were human in origin others that were never human at all. I work with Healings, Understand Divination Readings, Receptive To Medium Channeling, Weather Manipulation, familiar with the Astral Realm, Astral Travel, Astral Dream Activity, I actively Circle cast, am familiar with Demonology, Telekinesis that mimics poltergeist activity, Possessions, Loop Cycle Apparition Phenomenon, Blessings, Curses, as well as having a Shamanistic approach to our Spiritual Earth. I have very deep religious convictions but I try to separate my Witchcraft from my religion when I practice my ceremonies because I feel that although the ceremonies are very sacred to me, I need that time away from my Divine Being, and any distractions from the physical world as I work to understand the life forces that are around me and to use that time to improve my strengths and weaknesses as well as to help better understand the realities of life that shields us from the occult world. To me Witchcraft is not a religion but a practice I engage in from the blessings of the spiritual gifts my Divine gave me if that makes sense?

In addition to practicing Witchcraft I have a very critical scientific mind when reviewing any supernatural phenomenon I experienced to see if there are rational explanations that can debunk an experience that may seem supernatural to me. I also try to take into account my environment, my state of being and the mood of the animals around me as I experience a supernatural phenomenon. With all this information in place I feel I can better gauge the experience I had with better accuracy of what really happened during the said event.

In this instant, I was fully awake, completely sober, of sound mind, not afraid of being alone or in darkness because hee hee, I am a child of the night, and since Alcohol and recreational drugs are against my religious practices I was not abbreviated in any way to impair my judgment.

In regards to the mask these entities were wearing I could only vaguely see them as they passed by me because I was not seeing them with my physical eyes but with my spiritual ones. I believe the Hindu's refer the spiritual eyes as being the 3rd eye chakra, which for me seems to make sense because I have the ability to see spiritual objects with my mind and not my physical eyes. Unfortunately seeing things with my mind is not as clear a picture as seeing with my eyes so the objects that I observe are sometime abstract and not as clearly defined as regular sight. In regards to the small jester entity that followed me home? I am not sure what happened to it I am assuming that it left when day break occurred because I haven't detected it's presence since, but who knows? Maybe it is still in my area but is dormant? Finally for the person who asked what the meaning might be why the hundreds of spirits did not seem to detect me or ignored me completely? I am not sure, but it did seem they were too preoccupied to attend their festival celebration to be worried about me? By the way to answer the question about the food at the marina that I ate earlier in the day it was absolutely wonderful or I was just extremely hungry haha either way it was a wonderful experience! My whole day and night was spent at the main Canyon Lake Park and I didn't drive to Devil's Backbone, but feel it is close enough to consider it maybe an area within striking distance of the Devil's backbone region.

The reason I wanted to take a few days away from Witchcraft is that I been a witch for nearly my entire life, it was difficult to hide my talents from the Christian community I was with until 2006, when Christians caught me working with Ouija Boards in my youth they thought I was communicating with demonic spirits and that I was a child of the devil haha, that kind of peer pressure is difficult for a person to be singled out as weird or evil! In all honesty I felt like a battle worn combatant my entire life, a freak of society that could see the clichΓ© quote haha "Dead People" and things that go bump in the night. Although I have had thousands of contacts with Spiritual Beings I am extremely frustrated because I can only minimally detect their presence with my mind so I can't talk to them like the TV show "Ghost Whisper" or other psychics that claim to be able to have meaningful conversations with spiritual entities, but spiritual entities can communicate with me very proficiently when I'm dreaming and have 3 documented cases where 3 human entities accurately showed me how they were tragically murdered in my area. Other than the dream contacts I had where meaningful results occurred, I get so frustrated because the majority of the entities that I detect are either unable or unwilling to communicate with me to state why they are in my area and my Divine is not telling me why I have this gift/curse of being able to see them, so to me it seems pointless to acknowledge them and there are times I wish I couldn't see them.

Other than the spiritual contacts though, I truly love the Spiritual Earth and all her glory, as well as the entire breathless cosmos that is around us! I also believe there is a Divine force that is above our Mother Earth, and just like in our physical world there are good entities and evil entities in the Spiritual world that occupy that realm. At times it feels like my life is a battleground and over the years there have been primitive spiritual entities in the past that tried to possess me or attack me, I retaliated by trying my best to counter attack them to hold them in prison within my spiritual body so I can discipline them for their wrongful invasion attempt. All that can take a toll on the body and for once I just wanted to be a normal human being and enjoy nature as any normal camper would without the concerns of a supernatural world that was around me at the time. I don't know why I have the gift/curse of being a Witch, I am certainly not ashamed of my life, but for a few days I just wanted to be a normal human being if that makes any sense?

In answer to a question about my entry in paragraph 7, yes I keep myself completely vulnerable to any attacks. I refuse to use any shield techniques for protection and openly and invitingly accept any entity to attack me. If that entity is successful in killing me I will fight with it for eternity on the other side making its existence a living hell for eternity. I think these entities know my nature so I would imagine they will stay as far away from me as they can. I try to adhere to the "Rede" guidelines but I feel it is well within my right to defend myself if attacked by a spiritual entity and will use whatever means necessary to defend myself!

On one occasion a primitive spiritual entity in a completely different story than the one I shared with the public tried to possess me, but was frightened off during the possession attempt since an 18 wheel truck was about to hit me as I was walking across a dark street at midnight. I don't understand why this entity was afraid of death since it was never technically Human or alive in our physical sense, but instead of me trying to avoid the truck, I concentrated on grabbing that entity so I could forever keep it in the prison of my spiritual being. This spiritual entity was trying to possess me, so in turn I tried to posses it which made it fearful of me. By the way that truck slammed on its brakes and just missed me by inches, and in the process of that intense moment I missed grabbing that spiritual entity to possess it in the process darn! Haha!

In case you are wondering what I was attempting to do I was trying to reverse possess the entity trying to possess me so I could control it for eternity even after I die, so that it could never have a free existence again or ever be able to possess a human in our physical world again. I don't know if people understand reverse possession, but it is the same technique you can use if some unethical person were to Astral Dream Attack you. If you are attacked while sleeping in your dreams, take control of your dream and imprison the invader in your personal Astral Realm/Spiritual Existence. They will be helpless if you are successful and at your mercy!

In response to your last question and sorry I am so long winded, but the reason I wasn't concerned about the "Spiritual Jester" following me to my home is that from my experiences I have seen that there are Millions of spiritual entities occupying our Earth and they are everywhere so it would be pointless to try and hide from any of them because the seem to occupy this entire Earth from my observations of them. Yes there are places like Devils Backbone and other famous areas all over the world where these entities seem to gather and concentrate in groups, but in reality any place on our Earth has the potential of having a spiritual entity nearby you. Hope what I wrote helps, in regards to others questioning about my title Devils Backbone Apparitions, I chose that title because an unusual high amount of Spiritual entities gathered around Camp area 5 on the Main Canyon Lake park which is extremely close to the Devil Backbone's area. Most people use Farm to Market 32 road way as the focal point of the Devil's Backbone Area, but I consider the entire Canyon lake area to fall within the domain of the Devil's Backbone Region, and since there were such a high number of apparitions in the area I have to assume these spiritual entities are somehow connected to the Backbone apparition legends of the area.
themurph (5 stories) (21 posts)
-1
8 years ago (2016-09-14)
Perhaps they were attracted to you as you studied Wicca. I'd say forget about Wicca and be normal even join a church. I studied Wicca few months and it wasn't for me.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-09-14)
bizzjoe,

I think the definition you need is this one,

Witch: A person who practices magic as part of a religion (such as Wicca).

This of course 'BEGS' the question 'What is WICCA?'

WICCA: A religion influenced by pre-Christian beliefs and practices of western Europe that affirms the existence of supernatural power (as magic) and of both male and female deities who inhere in nature and that emphasizes ritual observance of seasonal and life cycles.

Those are the very basic and broad covering definitions. Hope that helps.

Respectfully,

Rook
bizzjoe (1 stories) (162 posts)
-1
8 years ago (2016-09-14)
You mentioned that you were a witch a few times in your story, and I was just wondering how one becomes a witch, and what do witches do?... To me, witches were a part of medieval times, and have no place in this modern age, much like notions of alchemy and such, because we are a lot less ignorant today than of peoples who lived centuries ago... So to my mind, the word "witch" itself is redundant? Or correct me if I'm missing something?

Kind regards...
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+3
8 years ago (2016-09-14)
Shadowfire

I too am a bit confused about how you take a day off from being who you are. I'm also confused about how medievil spirits were doing in Texas, that would be like seeing a bunch of spirits doing a rodeo in England

I looked up jester up in Google, historically a jester is a professional joker or fool, there were other synonyms but you get the idea. Maybe it followed you home to let you know you are what you are and you can't change that. Symbolically letting you know you are FOOLing yourself if you think you can.

If you thought you could take a day off from who you are why didn't you go shopping, or better yet help out at a soup kitchen. Not go out into nature and get closer to Gaia.

Regards
Red
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-09-14)
Tweed,

The one campground that I know of on Canyon Lake, that has a designated 'Area 5' does not open 'Area 5' until April 1st, course at midnight, in a nearly deserted campground who is around to tell you its 'off limits'. 😲

The whole 'Devil's Backbone' 'back story' just seems to be a 'plot element' to set up, or add veracity to the O/P's experience when in reality the tales concerning the Backbone do not seem to be related to the OP's experience.

I believe to O/P had some sort of experience that night... I just do not think it had anything to do with the Devil's Backbone.

Respectfully,

Rook
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-09-14)
Rook, the OP referenced heading up to a 'park area 5' around midnight. Not sure if that helps or not, or maybe we've an early happy Halloween, as it were. πŸ˜‰
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-09-14)
I hate to be a nudge, and this is something I should have checked before my first response, much less after all of the good comments and questions that have been left and seeing as I live in this area of Texas...

Were you at a campground on Canyon Lake all day and then drove to a spot AT Devil's Backbone OR did you remain in your campground?

The reason I ask is because the Randolph AFB Recreation Park/Campground (s) is the closest to the ACTUAL 'Devil's Backbone area (on HWY 32) at 7.8 to 8 miles away.

One more question, How was the BBQ at the Baja BBQ Shack (the only Restaurant with a Marina on Canyon Lake that I know of)?

Respectfully,

Rook

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: