You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: You Are Not Alone

Real Ghost Stories

You Are Not Alone

 

My grandmother was from the deep country. She knew a life of farming, hard work,cows,chickens,horses,etc.Apparitions and things we identify as paranormal aren't that unusual to country folk. I figured it must be due to a life of having had to do it all for themselves from scratch. Why shouldn't they be able to see death from scratch too? Granny was what is called "sensitive".To the point that she could communicate with spirits. People would come to her to find out things about those who had passed on. She didn't charge. They didn't come in droves or anything. Just every now and then. It took me years to admit it to myself but I'm different in that way too.I've had more experiences than I can count.

When I was ten I was visited by a woman dressed in 40's flapper attire. Later that evening while my momma and I were settling in for the night I told her that I was afraid for the phone to ring because I felt like it'd be about my great aunt Fanny saying she had passed away. Momma gave me a peculiar look that was broken by the sound of the ringing phone. I saw the color drain from her cheeks as she answered it. As I listened to her side of the conversation I knew my fear had come true.

A week later at the funeral as I stared at a photo of a lady in 40's flapper attire, a picture of my great aunt during her heyday I knew she had been the apparition. See they always visit me. I don't know why. Even folks I barely know. It was that visit from great aunt Fanny that prompted me to speak up about it. My momma bristled and simply refused to hear of it. That let me know it wasn't normal. I felt alone and outcast. But then I told my grandmother. And what she revealed to me then I will eventually reveal here. Just in case there is someone who comes across this who is like me, like Granny. I want them to know they are not weird. And there is someone out here who understands.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Blacqpearl, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-02-13)
I am glad you have found a place of self acceptance with your gifts. You may want to do a bit more research into your aunt Fanny, however, flappers weren't around in the 40s - 'the flapper' was primarily of the 1920s.
KikiGirl (8 stories) (207 posts)
-2
7 years ago (2017-02-11)
Blacqpearl, thank-you for writing this article! I do not know why but I doubt that this experience was infact, a psychic experience. It could have been a ghostly experience!

I have had a similar experience to you and it turned out that I had remembered the details incorrectly! My Mother had told me of the passing and then, I had had a lot of bad dreams. When I was an adult and tried to recall the story, I forgot that my mother had already told me of the passing. Such little details make such a big difference.

Anyway, I do hope that if you do have any further stories that you do not hesitate to share them! We look forward to hearing from you!
Seraphina (7 stories) (147 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-02-10)
Hi, Blacpearl,
Thank you for using your story to reassure other sensitive people that they are not alone, and are not weird. I hope you'll share more of your experiences with us soon.
Blessings
~Seraphina
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-02-10)
RcRuskin,

Good point. And very well said.

Blacqpearl,
You have a beautiful gift. And just how RcRuskin put it, use it to help others, that's when it really flourishes.

Spiritwaiting
RCRuskin (9 stories) (817 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-02-10)
It makes me wonder. Spirits do exist, I don't wonder about that part, and some folks can sense them, some can't and some deny them. But maybe those who can't sense them are the ones who are not normal.

Either way, don't be afraid of or ashamed of your gifts, but use them wisely and to benefit others.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: