You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Tours & Haunted Hotels :: Haunted Biltmore Hotel

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Biltmore Hotel

 

Spent a few nights recently at Miami's famously haunted Biltmore hotel. If you've never heard of the Biltmore, it was built in the 1920s and used to be a military hospital during WW2. There is also a 20s era mobster who haunts it apparently.

I was there for a wedding. I had a hard time sleeping there, mostly due to personal issues, but one night the experience was especially rough. I woke up at one point to feel something touching my leg. The grip was bony and I could feel a sensation that it was blocking my path out of bed. Didn't open my eyes but I had a feeling it was a presence there in the room. The feeling lasted at least a few seconds.

My guess is this was something connected to the military hospital or an orderly coming in to check on me, as if I was a wounded soldier.

Besides this incident we didn't see or hear anything ghostly in our rooms, but one of the photos I took with my brother at the wedding had a huge white streak of light across both of our bodies. It kind of looked like it was trying to steal the attention from the two of us. Very creepy looking and somewhat ominous.

Cell phone photo outside with no flash, so it was definitely something that decided to make its presence felt. None of the other photos taken on that day contained this kind of anomaly.

Could this have been a dead family member trying to talk to us or is it possibly something connected to the hotel? Let me know your thoughts on this because it was quite shocking to see in the photo.

Other hauntings by sherm784

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sherm784, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

sherm784 (19 stories) (27 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-06)
Didn't see anything at the hotel about a person who tells ghost stories, just FYI. If I saw it and had the time I would have gone!
sherm784 (19 stories) (27 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-06)
Thanks for your help Tenilicious. Unfortunately I don't see any way we can upload photos to our stories on here. Maybe something for the IT department to look at...
Temilicious (7 stories) (99 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-05)
Hi Sherm,

Is there anyway you can upload the image? I know you said it's not an insect but just to remove all doubt from our side.

I'd like to believe it was a family member but I doubt they'd present themselves in the form of a bony hand so I'll go with old hospital patient or attendant.

Thanks
roylynx (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-05)
Oh Biltmore Hotel, where Thomas Fatty Walsh was shot! Heard of and read it from some history books.

Biltmore had been a medical school too so they kept dead bodies too, so yes, if the place is haunted that is one of the reason too.

By the way is Ms. Linda still there telling Ghost Stories? I and my sister used to go listen to her stories in good old days when my sister is still a student in a cook school, surprise! LOL

E.Lynx
sherm784 (19 stories) (27 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-05)
Thanks very much Argette for reading. Could not have been an insect, very distinct streak. My guess is a dead family member stopping through for the wedding.

And yes, the experience in my room was pretty jarring.
Argette (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-04)
Sherm, I've enjoyed your other stories. This was no exception. They are always credible, at least for me.

I'd bet your first experience was terrifying, if only for a few moments. You might be on to something. It is easy and credible imagine a devoted medical staffer still making the rounds at night.

I have never taken a photo in which a streak has appeared but I've seen them. Could it have been an insect? You mention the photo was taken outdoors.

Or a ghostly photo bomb?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: