You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Terrifying Girl With Doll

Real Ghost Stories

Terrifying Girl With Doll

 

Let me preface my experience by establishing that before this, I was never a believer in ghosts or the paranormal. Since I am currently Atheist, I used to think that if spiritual elements were man-made, then certainly ghost experiences were also figments of the imagination right?

Enter a late drive home (3 am) from work.

I live on the island of Oahu in Hawaii. The paranormal culture here is quite rich and, as a reader, it is absolutely enthralling to read or listen to. While I didn't believe in any of the paranormal elements myself, the real life histories behind the stories could quiet entire rooms of listeners. Anyway, I'm driving home at 3 am and have entered my neighborhood. Because the parking lot was being refinished, everyone in our townhouse complex had to park on the street so parking was few and far between. The lights are also out because of electrical work being done in the streets. I pass a park and slowly begin to turn left to look for more parking when I slam on the brakes.

There is a lady dressed in a white mu'umu'u (Hawaiian dress) standing perfectly still in the middle of the road. At first I thought I nearly hit a pedestrian but then I got to examining what was in front of me. Her dress was torn and ragged near where feet should have been. Her long black hair fell down in front of her face (imagine the Ring girl). I couldn't do anything other than continue turning left so I honked my horn and slowly tried not to hit her as I continued my turn. She jerked her face toward me and lunged. To my horror, all I could see was a very angry, dark Polynesian face covered in blood. Of course I jerked to a stop as a reflex and it was then that I realized she was carrying a dirty baby doll. She stopped her lunge not 6 inches from my driver's side window before slowly backing away. At that point I floored it. As I looked back, I nearly passed out realizing this lady was right behind my car. I turned another corner and circled back to where I was headed to begin with but when I looked up the intersection to where I originally saw her, there she was again, standing in the middle of the road, cradling her doll.

This wouldn't be so creepy but I covered the length of an entire neighboring townhouse complex as I made my U-turn. I've walked the same distance and it's about a 15 minute walk, 2-3 minutes by car. She had somehow managed to hobble back to her original spot in the two minutes it took me BY CAR. While she was annoyed before, she was now enraged, slamming the doll around and screaming. I made a few more passes and each time she was there, but she seemed unable to leave the street she was on (I was now on the horizontal part of a T intersection and she was still on the vertical).

By now I am absolutely hysterical because I need to park my car to go home and walk quite a ways to actually enter my house. How could I with this thing floating around? Luckily, 2 minute away is our local police station. I mention the entity and the police send someone to follow me home. Of course by the time we get back, she's nowhere to be found and ALL THE STREETLIGHTS ARE BACK ON. I apologize and thank the cop for following me home and book it into my house.

The next day, my neighbor, who's been good friends with my mother for more than 30 years, texts me, wondering why I was driving so erratically and honking my horn. (She can see the roads in question from her bedroom and looked outside after I had honked my horn) According to her, my car was weaving between lanes (one lane on both sides of this street) and stopping and going very suddenly before speeding off. Apparently, she thought I was texting or something so let it go.

I explained to her what had happened (she is VERY religious) and she told me to go home and pray. Let's just say for the first time in years, I actually thought about doing just that.

This story is actually still continuing to this day. Ever since that night, if I take a nap in my living room on the couch when I am home alone, I always wake up paralyzed and looking up to the second floor to see a veiled woman in black running in and out of the master bedroom laughing. A few times, she is looking at me as I sleep and I wake up to that terrifying face. As I wake up, she tries to take the form of my mother but as soon as I'm fully awake, she goes back to her hideous natural form.

A few days after the night with the white lady and doll, I was the victim of a major head-on collision hit-and-run that totaled my car. The driver was drunk at 4 pm and driving a Ford F-250 that would have flattened my tiny Honda if I was a few inches too soon.

How great is it that we are alive today? It only makes me wonder what awaits us on the other side.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Hawaii

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, OGsan, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Xerath (6 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-03)
Rook,

Oh I must of missed, or forgot that he mentioned Jesus was on it, oh well. In this case I don't see many Spirits that would bother with turning a crucifix upside down unless it's one that has the sole purpose to mess with him. Than again these actions may cause fear to many people which parasites can feed off of.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-03)
Xerath,

Not to go out on a tangent... At least not to far...

The Inverted Cross is indeed a symbol of St. Peter... He requested that he not be crucified in the same manner as Christ so the Romans turned the cross upside down which means Peter was upside down as he died.

However what the O/P described is a Crucifix, a cross with the image of Christ on it. I can understand why Religious People would consider an inverted crucifix as 'mocking' Christ. It's kind of like adding insult to injury. They stated this...

"The cross-beam of the cross had been removed from its slot and Jesus was now hanging upside down above my door (The nail in his feet became the swivel point and it now looked like an upside down T). I actually took a picture of it before going to fix it, thinking it was just loose, until I tried and realized a significant amount of effort was required to refit the crossbeams together like a puzzle."

Which brings me to a question for the O/P...

The picture you mention... Do you still have it? If so please share...

Respectfully,

Rook
Xerath (6 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-03)
But the Inverted Cross is Saint Peter's Cross, It's a Christian symbol, it's sad that many believe It is some form of "Evil symbol".:) I'm not entirely sure about whether this story may be paranormal or not, but It's a bit too cliche in my opinion. But we can't be sure as we did not experience it.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-03)
Rook - Sorry, couldn't resist it - "feeling set up with a teaser"!

I doubt whether this type of teaser would be employed at any kind of men's club!

Just my silly sense of humour 😆

Regards, Melda
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-03)
(Feeling set up with a teaser...)

OK I'll bite...

What does going to or being at 'Kualoa Ranch' have to do with this 'encounter'?

Not to mention 2 of the three BIG movie clichés have been met...

3AM

And

Crucifixes being turned upside down.

"Curiouser and curiouser!" Cried Alice (she was so much surprised, that for the moment she quite forgot how to speak good English)."

― Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass -

Respectfully,

Rook
OGsan (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-01)
For those of you wondering about my neighbor, she is a family friend of over 30 years who happens to live a few units down from us. She was actually awake because her adopted daughter recently gave birth and she was taking care of the baby when she heard the commotion. All our windows actually look out over the streets where this took place.

She didn't see anyone standing there and just saw my car, which is what kind of confirmed the eerieness of the whole thing.

This isn't really an update but something I haven't told anyone yet:

My mother, who is also religious, gave me a cross to hang above the door to my bedroom. I took it just to avoid incessant nagging and irritation. The morning after this incident, as I got up, I glanced at my door to yet another eerie sight. The cross-beam of the cross had been removed from its slot and Jesus was now hanging upside down above my door (The nail in his feet became the swivel point and it now looked like an upside down T). I actually took a picture of it before going to fix it, thinking it was just loose, until I tried and realized a significant amount of effort was required to refit the crossbeams together like a puzzle. Someone, or something, had hung him upside-down for me to see.
OGsan (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-01)
Hi guys! So sorry, I was waiting for the approval that my encounter got posted but never received it so I'm only seeing this all now. Time to answer all your questions!

Believe me when I say that it took a while for me to even consider anything paranormal. The street in question was a small, two-way street and people here in Hawaii run across streets here all the time (what are crosswalks?) There are also a lot of homeless people that walk the streets here so my first thought was one of irritation (ie stupid jaywalker!). When I realized she was just standing in the middle of the street on the double yellow and didn't flinch as I tried to drive around her, I just thought she was preoccupied with something.

The streetlights were off the whole time but the lamps from the townhouse complexes nearby were still lit as they were on a solar powered grid. Our electric company here has monopolized the local industry so we're at the mercy of when they choose to fix things. I did find it weird that there were no detour signs or reflector signs but I just chalked it up to bad timing.

I'll admit the lack of light made things probably way more terrifying but I could see this girl clearly despite everything. It was when she lunged at me and I could see the unbridled anger on her face that I truly freaked out. In that slow moment in time, I tried to get as much detail as I could so I noticed her white but dirty dress, her terrifying face and the doll she was carrying.

Of course I'm one to run towards chaos instead of away from it. I'm 25 years old and spent two years at the US Air Force Academy so I'm always willing to help. It was the way she was just standing there, to how she lunged at me (more like WTF do you want? Rather than a flag-down for help), to the expression on her face that made me floor it and take off. If she was a ghost, I didn't want any part of it and if she was real, I didn't want to get into a fight with a Polynesian woman at 3 am.

I only later decided to go to the police station because I've always been one to handle things myself. I guess it goes back to my training. I drove around the block a few times trying to gather my thoughts and she never left the street. She would run at me waving her doll in a menacing way but always stopped short of leaving her street. What finally drove me to go to the cops was when she threw her doll at my car and it hit, but never made a sound. There was no "thunk" of a heavy object on sheet metal. That's when, in my head, I'm thinking "F*&K THIS" and headed to the cops.

I actually called a Hawaiian friend of mine later and relayed the whole turn of events to her. After some silence, she asks me if I had been to Kualoa Ranch recently (Think Jurassic Park and some other major films). I didn't know how to answer... I had just come back from filming as an extra for Jurassic World a week prior at the ranch.
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-06-01)
Mack has made some very good points. But I'd also like to know why, if the police station was two minutes away, why didn't you immediately drive over there when you saw her face was bloodied and her mu'umu'u was torn.

And I definitely don't understand how the street lights could ALL be back on when you returned with a police escort. There would have to have been workmen in the area to turn them back on but you didn't mention that, so I take it that no one else was around?

When you started this story with "Enter a late drive home (3 am) from work", my first thought was "Oh. A play is starting". 🤔
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-05-31)
There is yet another possibility...

Ogsan...is it possible you were the victim of a 'Ghost Hoax?' You know... Someone grabbing a camera, a couple of friends, a wee bit of make-up and 'voilà' instant YouTube fodder as they laugh at your reaction? I know you mentioned your neighbor 'saw' you... How well do you know them?

Just wanting to put ALL POSSIBILITIES on the Table.

Respectfully,

Rook
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+6
7 years ago (2017-05-31)
Macknorton: you forgot to mention one more possibility, that the woman was a serial killer in a murderous spree and the doll was Chucky.

OGsan: would it be possible that the woman hid among the construction machines that surely were parked in the area? After all, it took you a while to go to the police station, talk to them and go back to the 'haunt scene' and the lady could have gone anywhere during this time.

I feel puzzled about your following statement:

"... A few times, she is looking at me as I sleep and I wake up to that terrifying face. As I wake up, she tries to take the form of my mother but as soon as I'm fully awake, she goes back to her hideous natural form."

What happens afterwards​? It is common for people to report that entities vanish after a person has seen them, but your narrative is inconclusive about as to say for sure if she is the product of sleep paralysis or if she looks 'solid' once you are awake. 😕

Though interesting, I find your story confusing and questionable.
Anno_Domini (3 stories) (167 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-05-30)
OGsan... I'm also confused about the sequence of events, you saw the woman at an intersection, and you drive around a block to get back to the same intersection but still see her there (she didn't move away from the intersection). Why is this puzzling? Or did she follow your car the whole time you were driving?
Paul1977 (13 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-30)
I don't get this story?
How can you continue to drive if you almost passed out? And if you did then why wasn't it direct for some help.
God bless
Paul
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+9
7 years ago (2017-05-30)
Hi Ogsan

Hmmmmm...forgive me but this story gives me that "hang on a minute feeling" that I often get on this site. I'm NOT saying this is a piece of creative writing, but here are some aspects of this narrative that, for ME, points in that direction:

For me personally, if I happened upon a bloodied woman standing in the middle of the road at 3:00 am, I would (and I assume so would others) assume these things:

1. She's been in an accident and is injured
2. She's been attacked and is injured
3. She's intoxicated and injured
4. She's having a psychiatric episode and is injured
5. She's having a REALLY bad night and it's ALL of the above

Either way, that person would require ASSISTANCE. Or at least a phone call to the police / ambulance etc from the safety of your locked vehicle at THAT initial point of contact, not much later when you were too scared to walk to your house, and she had vanished somewhere?

You said of yourself: "...I was never a believer in ghosts or the paranormal. Since I am currently Atheist, I used to think that if spiritual elements were man-made, then certainly ghost experiences were also figments of the imagination..." and "...While I didn't believe in any of the paranormal elements myself, the real life histories behind the stories could quiet entire rooms of listeners..." That's fine, so what I don't understand is why you would "floor it" when she approached your vehicle. If you don't believe in "ghosts" etc then I would assume you would see this woman as "flesh and blood" i.e: someone who is in trouble and possibly needs help, regardless of what she's carrying, and you being a compassionate human being, your first impulse would be to help? Or is that just me...?

The lighting: "...The <street> lights are also out because of electrical work being done in the streets..." That COULD be seen as how convenient BUT then at around 3:30 am (?) in the morning, suddenly:"...and ALL THE STREETLIGHTS ARE BACK ON... (your capitalization to highlight just how incredible that actually was) "

That just seems a bit implausible to me. Street lights will all go out if there's a power cut, or blackout of an entire area. One street light will go out of there's a bulb issue or the power source to THAT light is interrupted. In my experience, it's a priority to have streetlights working, and they are generally fixed very quickly. Health and Safety concerns would mean that having NO street lights at 3:00 am could mean fatal accidents, pedestrians being run over, and all sorts of unsavory activity happening etc etc, followed by law suits and litigation etc etc. Maybe it's different in Hawaii?

I hope you are not offended by my line of thought, but I have an inquiring mind and like to fully understand what people have experienced. 😊

Regards

Mack
shelbyloree (5 stories) (285 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-05-30)
Your neighbor must be a very light sleeper, waking up to watch you park your car at 3am.

What happened the day you saw the maniac white lady banging her doll around? Maybe something happened during the day which led to all the weird sightings and bad luck from that night on?

Glad you got the police escort, definitely didn't sound like a safe situation.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
-1
7 years ago (2017-05-30)
OGsan - You obviously found this experience terrifying and I'm sure I would have as well, considering the way you have described it.

What made you think that the woman was holding a doll and not a baby? I'm a little curious about that. Then again, you said she was "slamming the doll around" - even more curious!

Why do you think the woman with the doll has anything to do with your later experiences, ie the woman in black and your head-on collision?

Regards, Melda
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-30)
Is there any Local Folklore concerning the 'bloody' woman dressed in white carrying a doll/baby? If so does it contain 'follow up visits' by a 'woman' dressed in black?

If not folklore, then are there in recorded accidents at/near the intersection this occurred at?

Based on the details provided this sounds like 2 different spirits... Perhaps the lady in white was scaring you away from a bad situation... Parking a long way from your Condo... Walking in the dark... Attacked by thugs...

You stated yourself that when you came back with the police all the street lights were back on, making things safer.

The 'manifestation' in your home? Not to get personal, but are you experiencing a 'bad patch' at this moment... Or when this happened... Are you 'bottling up' a lot of negativity? The 'woman in black' may be a manifestation of that 'energy'.

You are listed as a Young Adult... May I ask how Young? Your age may be an influence in what you have experienced.

If you feel the 'need' to do something I have a Cleansing/Shielding Technique posted on my profile. You are welcome to try it and please ask any questions you may have.

Respectfully,

Rook
roylynx (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-30)
Hello and welcome!
Wow! What an experience! I wonder if the girl was a victim of a car accident. Do you know of anything? This is truly terrifying! It might be a spirit, whom could not leave that place. She seemed not to be a bad spirit at all as I read this story.

The black veiled woman that you see at home could be a different spirit, since it acts so differently from the girl... Or are you saying that you the 2 were actually the same girl that you saw?

I really am very curious about this story and I hope things will be better after awhile.

Blessing from São Paulo
E.Lynx
Argette (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-30)
Holy Moly, OGsan, that was truly terrifying, even to read.

My suggestion is to keep positive vibes going, maybe follow your neighbor's advice as best you can.

Please keep us updated.

Welcome to YGS!
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-30)
OGsan,

Could it be, the spirit was trying to warn you?
The one in the road I mean.
You driving erratically and honking your horn, could have been something to resemble the drunk driver you had been in a collision with.

As far as the spirit in the home, have you tried a cleansing? Smudging of you and your home? You don't have to be religious in any way to do this.

Thanks for sharing
Spiritwaiting
nalchen (9 stories) (58 posts)
-1
7 years ago (2017-05-30)
Omg! Did I just read that. That should have been really terrorizing. To not find a way to go to your house.

Nevertheless, glad you are ok now. Did you try to talk to the entity that's following you? Isn't that quite sudden for a ghost/entity to follow you. Have you been to any place/accidentally opened the space for an entity to follow you before these sightings?

Take care and stay blessed.#

Cheers,
Nal

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: