You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Dolls Moving And Midnight Whistles

Real Ghost Stories

Dolls Moving And Midnight Whistles

 

These experiences happened when my daughter and I lived alone in an old house owned by a friend of my mother. Sarah wasn't much more than a toddler and I was heavily pregnant with my son. His father and I were technically together but we were still living separately until we could find a place to suit us.

Sarah and I slept in the biggest bedroom, me with my bed and her in her crib. That room stayed cold, so cold I asked my dad to check the heating (it was an ancient heating system) but he found nothing wrong. So I blamed it on the huge windows in the room.

After a couple weeks, Sarah started screaming whenever she was left in that room alone and my bed collapsed 2 or 3 nights in a row so I gave up and we slept on the couch together.

Well, the next development was whenever I got up in the mornings, the bedroom door would be locked from the inside. I started keeping a butter knife on hand to pick the extremely old lock whenever I needed in the room.

Apparently after these tricks got no big response from me, it resorted to messing with my daughter's porcelain doll collection. In one of my previous stories I mentioned an aunt with a love for flea markets so Sarah had a large collection of antique dolls arranged on a built-in shelf in that bedroom. Every morning after picking the lock to gain entrance to my own bedroom the dolls would be rearranged and turned to face the wall. Ok, no big deal, it's just irritating, so I continued to ignore it.

Another notable experience while living there was one night I got up to pee, not unusual considering I was pregnant and peed on average once an hour, lol. The bathroom and the dining room share a wall, so I was sitting there half-awake and suddenly heard whistling clearly from the dining room. About the time I registered the whistling it turned into a tune that I still can't quite place. It lasted for long enough for me to be certain that yes, I was fully awake by then, and yes, it was a tune before it stopped.

We moved after my son's father and I found our own place, not because I was scared. It never bothered me and actually made life a bit more interesting!

As for the history of the house, all I know is that my mom's friend's family bought the large amount of land it was part of to build a new home and decided to rent out that little old house instead of tearing it down. It's still there and I wonder if it's still occupied by my whistling friend!

Other hauntings by Mandee

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mandee, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Mandee (9 stories) (20 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-01-12)
Mack-
I forgot to add something else- I didn't take the bed with me when I moved from there, my partner and I used his double bed in our new home. The bed went into my mother's basement storage room so I don't know if it would've fallen in our new place or not. To my knowledge it's still in her basement or she's sold it in a yard sale by now, I haven't asked her.
Mandee (9 stories) (20 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-01-12)
Mack-
It was just a basic single bed, metal frame, and the way it came apart was the metal struts? I guess you call them that? Anyway, the 3 metal pieces that stretch horizontally under the box spring to support the mattress were moved. Not exactly moved, just kind of nudged out of true so the bed wouldn't collapse immediately, just after I was asleep and moving in my sleep caused them to slide further out of place.
My dad put the bed back together for me and was getting a bit miffed when it fell because he knows he assembled it correctly. He was going to drive screws into it to hold it together and I told him to just leave it, that I would sleep on the sofa- bolting the metal bars in like that would make it unnecessarily more difficult to take it apart. Remember, I was only living there temporarily until my partner and I found a more permanent place. Sleeping on the sofa wasn't a big deal so I abandoned that stupid bed.
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-01-11)
Hi Mandee

Thanks for sharing. I was interested in the bed collapsing part of your experience.

Can you please elaborate on that aspect?

What kind of bed was it?
How was it assembled?
What part of it was disassembled in order for it to collapse?
Did it collapse when you were in it sleeping?

Regards

Mack
Mandee (9 stories) (20 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-01-10)
That's a very interesting observation that there may have been two separate entities. I never considered that but it does make sense, especially since she still has the same dolls, a larger collection now, in fact, but they have never been messed with in that fashion since we lived in that house.
The house itself is situated on a back road that winds behind our local high school so the screened in front porch has an excellent view of the baseball field, separated from the school property only by a chain link fence. My mother remembers that house being ancient when she herself was a high-school student there. I thought about maybe a connection of a school being in such close proximity may have some answers- but the house has been there much longer than the school itself.
Tweed (35 stories) (2497 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-01-08)
Hi Mandee, thanks for sharing your experiences, I've just come from your vase one. I'm glad you kept the vase by the way, it sounds like it 'wants' to be kept with you.😊

The dolls facing the wall reminded me of being little and afraid of dolls. I would ask that they be removed from the room and whatnot before sleep. But I never had an issue with soft animals or dinosaur models lol. I wonder if there was a child involved in those dolls about facing. Perhaps the whistler is an adult who turned them around on behalf of a child.

Sounds like a pretty cool, interesting house too. Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: