You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Items :: Doll House

Real Ghost Stories

Doll House

 

This incident happened to me a few years ago.

I used to own a doll house which I kept in my bedroom. I would play with it from time to time, and I would close it when I was done.

I slept by myself in the bedroom, while my parents slept in a different room.

One night, after I had finished playing with it, I closed the doors and was ready to go to sleep when I was suddenly aware of the atmosphere changing completely. I remember that I felt terrified, though I didn't know why. I reached out to turn on the bedside lamp, but then I heard the familiar sound of the dollhouse opening. I could make out that it was opening quickly - the door on the left first, then the door on the right. It couldn't have been the wind, since the windows in the room were shut tight. There was about a three second interval between the door on the left opening and the door on the right opening. I switched the lamp on as soon as possible, and both doors swung shut very quickly; I recall that I just sat there in silence for what must have been over a full half-hour, shuddering. I was too scared to scream, and kept glancing at the dollhouse constantly. I didn't dare switch off the bedside lamp in case the likely unexplainable presence would return, so I kept it on. Finally, I pulled the duvet over my head as tightly as possible, though still with the lamp on.

I lay awake that entire night, thinking about the terrifying experience. I expected the presence to return at some point, but thankfully, it never did.

I told my parents all about it the next morning, and how I wanted to get rid of the dollhouse for good. They didn't believe me, and simply said that it was only a nightmare. But I know it wasn't; I was completely aware of the events that happened that night. Fortunately, my parents agreed for me to get rid of the dollhouse if I truly wanted to, since "I was too old for those toys anyway."

We got rid of the dollhouse, and I never experienced anything unusual ever since.

Has anything similar ever happened to you?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Embower, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

sugarANDspice (19 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-07-10)
Oh, too bad you didn't keep the pretty doll house. I'm sure a nice ghost girl wanted to play with you. ❤
MikeChandlerOfficial (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-07-09)
🤔 Sometimes spirits attach themselves to certain objects. A dollhouse would be what the spirit of a little girl would more than likely attach themselves to. Perhaps a little girl just wants to play with it.
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-07-05)
Greetings Embower,

My first thought after reading your account was of a child spirit playing with your dollhouse. My daughter had a few experiences when she was about 6 - 7 years old of a little girl in spirit, coming at night to play 'tea party'. She could only see the little girl in profile as a silhouette, but could make out long hair and bangs. The little girl was lifting a cup as if pretending to drink out of it.

As my daughter grew older, the little girl seemed to 'move on' and wasn't seen again. I believe it's possible for children to attract a child in spirit... They may want to play with their toys or just be around a child that's of a similar age.

You described feeling frightened, but I wonder if you were just picking up on the spirit's energy and not accustomed to the feeling? Just a thought anyway. 😊

Thanks for sharing,
Dee
Tweed (35 stories) (2497 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-07-05)
Hi Embower, thanks for sharing.

I love doll houses at any age and I agree with Lady Glow it would've been interesting to find out if this ever happened again. Though, I can understand you being scared.

I used to have an acoustic guitar beside my bed and every so often a couple of strings would sound, as if they were strummed. This happened when I was in bed, but oddly it didn't scare me. I used to think that it might be temperature/humidity changes. Perhaps that made me feel at ease instead of scared of a ghost. But one evening it at tea time. On this occasion each string was strummed individually, quite loudly too lol. So a strumming ghost, it would seem. My bedroom was next to the lounge room, Mum heard it. I had to explain that it was 'normal'. Nothing bad ever happened though, that's all it ever did.😊
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-07-05)
Welcome to YGS.

Embower - what do you know about the history of the doll house? Was it brand new when you got it, or was it an antique? Would it be possible for a little animal, like a mouse or a bug, to have gained access to it?
It seems to me that the little doors were quite loud for their size!

I imagine how scary it was for you at your age though, perhaps, getting rid of the doll house wasn't necessary. If anything, it would have been interesting to investigate if there was any more 'activity' in it.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: