You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Guardian Angel Saved Us?

Real Ghost Stories

Guardian Angel Saved Us?

 

Not posted on here for a while but have had a strange experience and would like some thoughts on it

As I have mentioned before my youngest son has autism and attends a school that specialises in a wide range of differing abilites. I had attended his progress meeting and as it finished close to to the end of the school day had decided to take him out the 20 or so minutes early, walk into the nearby town and treat him to dinner as he had gotten an excellent review.

The school is set back from quite a busy road and so obviously there is a crossing available for safety and I always use it as there is traffic coming in both directions and is always busy and fast moving.

I also encourage my son to use it as due to his differing perceptions he doesn't comprehend dangerous situations and I'm constantly drilling road safety into him, using the crossing, looking both ways etc.

Anyway, we pressed the button to stop the traffic, as I always do I was holding his hand and coaching him, " what do we wait for?" " the green man!" "yeah! Thats right we do!" Cue the green man, it flashes up and a loud beeping sound let's us know we are safe to walk across.

As we are crossing the second half of the road, I look to my left to see a car coming towards us faster than it should be, it's not stopping for the lights, my son is on my left side, it's going to hit him. I can feel panic rising in my chest, I can't breathe, there is not a thing I can do, too late to run and no way to go to either side to avoid it.

Then suddenly out of nowhere I feel a breeze lift my hair and suddenly I feel totally calm, almost protected (yes I know how strange that sounds!) , I really can't explain it because seconds before my heart was pounding I was terrified and convinced we were going to be mown down.

But no, the car stops just before hit hits my legs, wait, my legs? Where is my son?!

I look to my right and there he is, looking up at me and smiling! I don't remember moving him to that side at all!

I'm having a "what just happened moment" when my attention is drawn to the driver who is leaning out of his window yelling at me and asking if I "bleeping" know how to cross a "bleeping" road as I'm obviously "bleeping" sight impaired (quite a charming individual) .

Usually by now I would have been trying to hold my temper and not respond negatively due to my son being present, but I still felt really calm, I just pointed up to the green man still shining brightly and said " why yes, I do!"

The driver looks up, turns pale and then quickly drives around us and speeds off!

I quickly steer my son to the other side of the road and people from other vehicles surround us checking we are ok and others try and remember the licence plate number but everyone was in shock at what they had just witnessed.

Suddenly my feeling of calm disappears and my legs turn to jelly, everyone around us is telling us we are lucky to be alive, they thought we were going to be killed, and I have to admit I'm not sure how we are stood there unharmed!

An older gentleman pats me on the shoulder and says " well young lady, someone was watching over you today! "

Later on I started thinking about it, could he have been right? Was someone, some thing, watching over us? I remembered the sudden feeling of total calm and protection that came over me, the fact my son was suddenly on my right when I know he was on my left side initially and I have no recollection of him moving, or moving him myself, did I just do it instinctively and not realize?

I'm not sure, it happened so quickly but it seemed at the time that everything was in slow motion.

Was it just luck? A guardian angel perhaps? I welcome any thoughts on this!

Other hauntings by Angelkiss

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Angelkiss, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

elhub (9 posts)
 
5 years ago (2018-11-18)
Hallelujah praise Jesus Christ. Yep definitely it was His angels that protected you and your son. ❤ ❤. Glory be to the Lord in the highest
Angelkiss (7 stories) (46 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-02)
Qwanrin
Thank you
I must admit I'm grateful to whoever it was and feel quite blessed ❤
Qwanrin (5 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-01)
Wow! What a wonderful story. Glad the both of you survived to tell the tale.

I think it must've been a guardian angel. Either that or a spiritual being who cares about you and your son a lot.
Angelkiss (7 stories) (46 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-28)
spiritwaiting
Thank you!
I will always be eternally grateful to whoever it was that intervened

Goggzy
Yes I agree its nice to focus on the positive side of things even in a bad situation 😊
Angelkiss (7 stories) (46 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-28)
czamantha
Thanks for your comments and I am so pleased your son was unhurt
I too think it must have been his grandfather protecting him and making sure he was unharmed
It's comforting to know there is something or someone out there for us when we need it the most
Goggzy (2 stories) (62 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-28)
Angelkiss

This story was good to read it's good remembering that there's good spirits out there.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-06-28)
Angelkiss,

WOW!

Yeah I agree with almost everyone here, you definitely had someone there with you!

Divine intervention, or Guardian Angel or what have you love it going into my favs, as a reminder there is something out there helping us!

Woo thanks for sharing
Spiritwaiting
czamantha (3 stories) (11 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-28)
Amazing experience! Remind of of my eldest son when he was just 9 years old. He was walking home from school when he suddenly cross the road without looking and got hit by a taxi (Toyota Tamaraw FX). According to the taxi driver who had contacted us after the accident and took my son to the hospital that my son flew at least 4-5 meters away, stood up, head scratched and started walking away like nothing happened. He then ran after him, checking every inch of him and asking if he's okay. My son said he's okay, smiling, but the driver insisted on taking him to the hospital still. All the results was fine. No broken bones, not a single scratch. Looking at the taxi, there was fresh crash at the bumper part. We don't know what happened but it's really a miracle for us. When we got home, my mother in law received a call from the province that her husband (my son's grandfather) just passed away. Right at that moment, we all think that it was him who had protected my son from that accident since he was the first born grandchild and my father in law loves him so much.

Sorry, not to steal your story away but it does remind me of this and it really proves that guardian angels does exist. I'm so happy to hear that you and your son is okay. I know how it feels ❤
Angelkiss (7 stories) (46 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-06-27)
Babygoatpuller
I am so sorry to hear about your accident
You are such a brave and courageous person to deal with such an horrific trauma
Thank goodness you have come through it without more serious issues healthwise.
And yes I will be forever thankful for the timely intervention from whatever guardian came to our rescue that day. And thank god you had a guardian there protecting you too.
Take great care of yourself ❤
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-06-27)
This was a hard read for me Angelkiss. Back in '88 I was standing and waiting for the light to change to the "green man". (He's white on this side of the pond) That was the last thing I saw before a drunk driver slammed into me going 60mph.

Long story and too many details to post on your account but I clearly must have had a guardian looking after me. After a year of recuperating, I ended up with just losing the hearing in my left ear and occasional dizziness. (that could just be a blond thing though. Or so I'm told 😆)

You and your son, I have no doubt, had some powerful guardian looking after you. It's so awesome you're here to share it with us! 😊
Angelkiss (7 stories) (46 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-06-25)
Thanks Randy
And yes... Definitely would not want a repeat of that! Don't think my heart would stand it nor my jelly legs!
RANDYM (2 stories) (266 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-06-25)
Angel kiss
I don't doubt for a moment that something intervened on your behalf. There are cases
Like this all the time so there is no reason to believe otherwise.
Just more evidence than there is more to life and our world than we know

Thank you for sharing such an uplifting experience
Even though I'm sure It was more frightening than you ever wish to have happen again

Randy
Angelkiss (7 stories) (46 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-24)
Argette
I agree, it's actually a really good feeling to think that we were watched over and protected
While I'm not a complete skeptic, I always try and look for the logical explanation first, but this time I really couldn't find any and the thing that kept coming back to me was the feeling I had of safety calm and protection. I am indeed very grateful for the timely intervention!
Argette (guest)
+2
7 years ago (2017-06-24)
Isn't it wonderful when these miracles happen? Because they do; I have no doubt.

So relieved for you, Angelkiss! I must admit as I was reading your account, my heart began to sink. But it popped up again!

It seems you chose the perfect screen name here.

Manafon, wow! That's all I can say.
Angelkiss (7 stories) (46 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-24)
Melda
Thank you for your lovely words.
And no, no-one seemed to mention the fact my son suddenly being on the opposite side of me! One lady said she actually closed her eyes as she was sure we were about to be killed! And everyone else seemed to be watching the car... The " don't want to look but can't look away " kind of thing!

Hopefully yes we will be around for a long time yet! Thank you ❤
Angelkiss (7 stories) (46 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-24)
Manafon
Wow that was a very scary account!
And the more I think on it... The more I do think it was intervention from a guardian angel for you and for me
In my case it was probably my maternal grandmother or grandfather I think. But either way... Thank goodness that we both appear to have had someone there at the right time.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-06-24)
Angelkiss - I don't doubt for an instant that a guardian spirit saved you and your son that day.

How your son ended up on your right hand side when you didn't move him there is a head-scratcher. I take it none of the witnesses had an explanation for that? Then again, stranger things have happened!

It would seem that you and your son have many things to accomplish on this earth before your time runs out 😊

Manafon - I definitely wouldn't put your experience down to pure luck either!

Regards, Melda
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-06-24)
Angelkiss--It does seem very possible that you and your son had a guardian angel watching out for you that day. Guardian angels, I feel, are often deceased loved ones intervening on our behalf.

About four years ago I was driving on a very busy four lane roadway. Two lanes in each direction and no median. Traffic was quite heavy but was moving at around 50mph. Suddenly a woman blasts out of a side street immediately in front of me, attempting to cross the two lanes going in one direction to get to the other, opposite lanes. I was in the outside lane and instinctively knew this woman was going to hit me and probably flip my car. I reacted with reflexes I didn't know I had (and maybe didn't as you'll see) and quickly turned into oncoming traffic and then back into my lane.

This was done in an instant and the screeching of tires was immense. At the next stoplight a car with a couple in it rolled down their window asking if I was okay and telling me how there didn't seem that there was any way I could have avoided what looked like an inevitable major accident.

That's just it. I instantly felt that someone intervened and guided my actions. It actually felt like someone else was steering the car. I remember a telephone worker who was on the side of the road giving me a huge "thumbs up" right after the near accident and he had a look on his face like, "I don't know how that guy just did that."

Although your case and mine could both have been sheer luck, if you feel like there was a helpful intervention, there very could have been! Thanks for sharing your account. I'm very glad you and your son were unscathed. I know that feeling you had right after the incident. It's a, "How did we just fool death" thing. It just might have been a deceased loved one watching out for you and your boy. I feel my intervention was my Mom watching out for me.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: