You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Mysterious Woman I Saw

Real Ghost Stories

The Mysterious Woman I Saw

 

It's my first story on here and I hope I could get some feedback.

I remember it was November/December and must have been in the 9th grade (back in 2011), because we had to prepare sandwiches for the canteen to save money for our school trip. Anyway I had to get up earlier as usual and it was pretty dark outside. I was heading to school and I saw a woman getting out of the house and the first moment I saw her I felt weird. It's difficult to describe but she looked so pale and it seemed like she didn't remove her make up from last night. She also looked so sad like she was crying all night. I looked away and went forward and few seconds later she gently grabbed my arm and said. "Excuse me?" So she was right in front of me and when I looked into her eyes I was so scared and I don't know why but I had this feeling she wasn't real that my mind is making this up. So she asked me where she could find a supermarket in this area and I gave her directions. She thanked me and we were going the same way but she was in front of me. Meanwhile I wondered why she would ask me for directions at this time because it was 7 am no one was around. This confused me for a while but suddenly I didn't see her on my path and I didn't even walk slowly. A part of me was happy not seeing her but suddenly she appeared in a different street. She was just standing on the pavement and didn't move and again it scared me. She turned around and said "Where did you say the supermarket was again?" I told her and we were walking the same path again. The supermarket was a half mile away from my school by the way. So she was in front of me again and I looked at the houses which were beside me. Everyone seemed to be sleeping because I didn't see any lights and as soon as I looked forward this woman disappeared again and I wondered because even though she was in front of me she didn't walk fast. I was so terrified and almost began to cry because something like that never happened to me before. I ran to the school because I feared she actually turn up again and straight headed to the canteen where me and few other classmate should prepare sandwiches. I was out of breath and my classmate asked me what happened. I told them the whole story but two of them didn't take me serious but two of them tried to calm me down and said creepy things happened to them before. This was my first "paranormal experience" if you can call it like that. But to me it didn't make sense why she would ask me early in the morning where the supermarket is and I wonder where would she go if she hadn't seen me? And how come she was gone after a few seconds and suddenly appeared later on?

I know it may doesn't sound spooky to you guys but I was so terrified back then. Anyway what do you guys think of this story?

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SpookyCheesecake, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Fenrispro (58 posts)
 
4 years ago (2020-03-14)
hi it looks thrilling, but if you split up into more paragraphs would be easier to read
SuperPugLady (1 stories) (10 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-09-25)
Hi, Spookycheesecake,

The experience, that you've described, definitely sounds as though it was a bizarre and scary one!
I was also thinking that the woman you described was probably troubled in some way and had come to you for directions, as it was so early and you were the only person around, but when you described how she disappeared, in front of you and then reappeared, there doesn't seem to be a logical explanation for that. Perhaps she was an entity, after all.
Have you tried to research the area, at all or the house? Have there been any reports, in a past newspaper, for example of a woman fitting her description, who may have passed away? Also, you told of how your classmates had experienced something odd. Do you know what it was?
This is a fascinating story. I hope you find an explanation for it. Thank you for sharing it.😃
echosmithrocks (16 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-09-19)
Hellow! Oh to be back in middle school again 😊! Could the woman you say be mentally ill or perhaps on drugs? Seems to be very odd behaviour
cloudy (7 stories) (39 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-09-14)
Hi, this sounds like a really scary experience I would freak out too! I was thinking first that it could have been someone with a mental problem or possibly on drugs? Would she have had time to run somewhere or hide between you looking at her and the houses? If she had some sort of drug problem I do think someone could do something like that and eyes can appear quite empty and freaky too. If there was no time or possibly for her to run or hide then maybe she was some sort of entity. Either way sounds scary to me! How was she dressed?

Although this made me think of a similar experience I had, with a girl asking me for cigarettes, I didn't smoke and told her so, a few blocks down the road she jumped me from behind and tried to rob me! Luckily I was stronger than her! Maybe it's good that you ran.
VeronicaMarie (5 stories) (106 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-09-13)
Hi, SpookyCheesecake,

Very interesting story. Difficult to know if she was someone with possible mental or emotional troubles, or if it was a paranormal experience. The fact that she kept vanishing out of your sight and then reappearing is very intriguing. I would have been spooked too! Did you ever walk by the house that she came out of again?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: