You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Great Grandma Ausenbaugh

Real Ghost Stories

My Great Grandma Ausenbaugh

 

Being raised by my grandparents since childhood, we would normally visit my grandpa's mother and step father every other weekend as they were getting old and they wanted my brother and I to keep in touch in case they pass away.

Keep in mind my brother and I were their favorites even though we are not biological grandchildren. They always bought us gifts for our birthdays, holidays or even checks of 5 dollars for the heck of it.

Back in the summer of 2011 my great grandmother passed away. My grandma told me she tried to wait for us because high school was almost over. Unfortunately she didn't make it. We were all devastated. I couldn't even make it to her funeral.

Besides all that we still visited our great grandpa. He was still in good spirits even though she was gone, very positive, talked about the old days and showed off little new things he got for the house. Even gave me little gifts he'd find around the house as his wife was a hoarder of dolls and old toys. She had the entire house filled with porcelain dolls and plates for show in boxes covered with red blankets for many years. I always wondered what they were growing up. I would lift the blanket and see nothing but boxes. When she passed they wanted to get rid of everything! It was a long process took several months.

Then they eventually sold the home and my great grandpa moved to Tennessee with relatives. Well when I returned home to Florida that same year after she passed. She was not scared to make her presence known. I was always dreaming about her. She would always be looking for something in my dreams and she would ask me to help her find whatever she was looking for, never told me what it was. She would always touch my shoulder when I'm down from work or sad from something. She likes to pace back and fourth in my room or move things around like crazy on my dresser.

For instance I finally got home after a long night of work I turned off my light, my angel statue moved slid back a few inches. I just brushed it it off like, oh it's just grandma.

There was another time when my cousin and I were eating dinner and the front door locked by itself I didn't even know it was unlocked that was creepy. Even turning my closet light on and off. I was scared but I knew it was her making sure I knew she was there. She even went in my dream to tell me to break up with a negative boyfriend, eventually I did. Her presence didn't last too long only about a year. Sometimes I wonder if she still watching over me.

Other hauntings by Vegan93

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Vegan93, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Vegan93 (5 stories) (9 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-10-22)
Thank you everyone for reading my stories! Yes my great grandma was amazing! I could just tell it was her watching over me! I haven't had any signs of her lately I wonder if she's still watching...
Enlightened1959 (8 stories) (118 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-10-19)
Vegan,

Thank you for sharing! I lost both of my parents just 13 months apart from each other. (It's been about 2 years now since my dad passed.) They were the best parents anyone could ever ask for. A few months after my dad passed, my 2 year old grandson (at the time, he is now 4), would start smiling and waving at the ceiling. When we would ask him who or what was he was waving and smiling at, he would say "Papa!".

Just last week I was laying in my bed missing both my parents but my mom for the most part at that time, I was so sad and missing her words of encouragement or just even her presence and suddenly her perfume began to permeate
My entire bedroom. (My mom and dad had bought it while in France one year and I've never smelled anything like it before or after her passing so I KNEW it was my mom that had come to comfort me while I was feeling so so sad and missing her.)

So yes, I think your loved ones can continue to check up on you!

Regards,
Enlightened
Jubeele (25 stories) (882 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-10-12)
You're clearly more "sensitive" to the spirits than your brother. These are good experiences to cherish. You've been blessed. 😊
aisyah1987 (2 stories) (31 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-10-12)
It's always nice to have someone watching over you! She must have been a really beautiful person inside out. ❤
L_Melb (220 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-10-12)
Thanks Vegan,
I think now I understand why there was the surprise with the locking of the door -at least I don't feel so silly 😜
Vegan93 (5 stories) (9 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-10-12)
Love these comments! [at] Jubeele my brother never had dreams of her nor experiences I don't know if it's because he's younger than me? [at] L_Melb a lot of times my brother would go out or come back to the house and leave the door unlocked, apologies I forgot to mention it in the story... Thanks for reading my stories ❤
Jubeele (25 stories) (882 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-10-09)
Could it be you were distracted when you came home and simply shut the door at the time, and not properly engaged the lock? Sounds like great-grandma may have locked it for you...

There was already a close bond between the two of you before she passed away. So when your great-grandpa gave you some of her belongings, those items could have created an even closer link with her. Maybe great-grandma stayed around just long enough to see that you would be alright, then moved on to where she had to go.

Did your brother ever mention dreaming about her too or having any similar experiences to you?

It's a sweet, poignant story. Thanks for sharing it with us.
L_Melb (220 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-10-09)
Hi Vegan93,
You say the door locked but you already believed it to be locked, did you see it or hear it lock?
Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question but I'm wondering how you were alerted to this if the door was already how you believed it was (does that make sense? Can't put my question into words!)
You're so lucky to have had not only your grandparents but your great grandparents in your life!
As my parents moved half way around the world from where they were born I didn't have that luxury and would have loved it!
Sure you're being watched over still 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: