You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Haunted By A Pesky Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted By A Pesky Ghost

 

Recently I've been noticing some odd things happening around the house. I've been closing more doors than I've opened, my cat will stare down the stairs into the basement at exactly 12:00 every night for the past week or so, and I've been noticing a lot of my items will go missing and then reappear in odd places. For example, I lost my phone for two days. I used google tracker, and it couldn't find it. I knew I left it on the kitchen table, but I found it in the cupboard for glasses and mugs. That was weird. I always hang my car keys by the door, and when I found them after 3 days they were behind the TV. I can assure you, I may be forgetful but no way would I put my car keys behind the TV, a place I can't reach unless I move the entire TV stand. The only reason I was back there was to clean up the water I spilled.

Recently I had a power outage from a snowstorm and had nothing but candles for light. Right as I lit the last candle and turned to put the matches away, every single candle went out. I had 15+ candles all over the house. Somewhere in the living room, a few in my parent's bedroom and mine, and several in the kitchen. Every single one of them was out. No reason why, they just were.

I think the weirdest thing this week is that I'll wake up to the feeling of someone watching me. Every night for the past 3 days at precisely 3:00 AM. I thought at first it was just me over-imagining things but I don't think it is anymore. It's not scary really, just irritating. I like my sleep and I need my keys and phone. Pesky ghosts.

My apologies for how short this was. I'll try my best to make it longer next time.

Other hauntings by NightlyEclipse

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, NightlyEclipse, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

NightlyEclipse (8 stories) (24 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-10-15)
My aunt was a bit of a trickster, but she didn't really do it to me. Mostly do her husband and daughters. I don't think it'd be her. I bought the necklace a few weeks ago, and that is around the time things started going missing. I ran it under water, so we'll see if that does any good. I just hope the activity doesn't increase.
Jubeele (25 stories) (882 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-10-12)
Glad you found your piano books. Would be nice if they defrosted your freezer too (maybe not, that might get the books wet!).

If you think it might be the necklace, try rinsing it under running water. Water has a spiritual cleansing effect. My Mum (who has a whole store of folk rituals) recommends that as she feels it removes any negative influences or bad karma. It wouldn't hurt to 'cleanse' things bought second-hand as you have no way of knowing where it previously came from.

I have friends who swear on the purifying effects of burning sage, followed by incense. This is to keep the yin/yang aspects in harmony around your home. Also have a look into Rook's method too.

I hope we've given you enough to go on. Do keep us updated. 😊
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-10-12)
Ah, thank you. The Family member that passed, were they prone to playing pranks on other Family members? It may be them making themselves known...Or...if the activity started closer to you buying the necklace... Perhaps a spirit is attached to it.

Just a couple of ideas based on your reply.

Please ask any questions you may have.

Respectfully,

Rook
NightlyEclipse (8 stories) (24 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-10-12)
[at] rookdygin In January a family member died, and the most recent thing was when I was dropping a few things off at a thrift store and I found a cute necklace. I bought it and brought it home.

[at] Jubeele I did find my piano books! They were in the freezer.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-10-12)
NightlyEclipse,

"Recently I've been noticing some odd things happening around the house."

How 'recently'? When did this type of activity start? If your home was 'quiet' until recently... Did you make a purchase and bring something 'new' into your home... Something tat once belonged to someone else?

This sounds like a job for 'The Mighty Journal'. Start recording all the odd occurrences happening around your home... Do they seem to happen at about the same time of day... What was the weather like... How 'important' or 'urgently' did you need the missing item? Record of those things and more, any and all the details you can remember. Then you can review them and look for things each 'experience' has in common, could you 'debunk it' if so why... If not why not?

As for your cat, eh, its a cat... Not quite sure what may be going on in its head... 😆

Have you, can you, check the history of the house (unless you already know it)? May be some clues there.

It has been mentioned to lay down some ground rules... Its a good idea. It give the spirit/entity recognition, which may be all it truly wants, and sets some 'boundaries' at the same time. It also 'creates' a 'tipping point' because something 'negative' will 'ignore' the rules and the 'unwanted activity' will continue, and possible escalate.

If you wish it to cease please check my profile, I have a Shielding/Cleansing method posted there that you may find helpful.

Thanks for sharing.

Respectfully,

Rook
Jubeele (25 stories) (882 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2017-10-11)
I liked how you told your story - no need to apologize. It was short and to the point.

I'd hate to have things like that happening at my place. I'm untidy enough without pesky ghosts playing tricks on me. Now that you mention it, when things suddenly disappear at home, I would speak aloud that if I don't get it back by the time I really needed it, There-Will-Be-Trouble. Never thought much about whom I was talking to or why I do that. The missing stuff usually gets "found" soon after that... Ooo-kay, now that's given me something to think about.

Hope you find your piano books in time for your lesson. Maybe you can try what Augusta suggested and get them their own stuff? Set up a little corner for them with an old phone, spare keys and other trinkets. Then address them firmly that you will respect their 'space', so can they please respect yours?

If there's going a resident spirit at home, I'd much rather have one that brings me coffee and does the vacuuming! 😉
NightlyEclipse (8 stories) (24 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-10-11)
[at] lady-glow I'm by Calgary. Yeah, it was a horrid storm. I had 3 pairs of socks on at the same time.

Small update, my piano books are now missing. I normally leave them on the piano stool. Irritating as I have a piano lesson tomorrow and if I don't get them back, I'm losing my crap.
Also, I found the TV remote that went missing a few days ago. In my lego box I keep for kids when I'm babysitting. I haven't babysat for the past week or so. Fricking ghost stop touching my things.
Lilwolf (8 stories) (66 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-10-10)
Hopefully I can say this without sounding rude but I the 3am waking hour or whatever it's referred to as has been debunked so many times it's bonkers. Are there specific hours of the day and that ghost are more active... I don't really know. I've heard that there are specific days of the year that it's easier to reach the spirit world and when spirits are more active but I am not sure right off the top of my head which ones. I'm still looking into that theroy too so don't bank me on that. Aw for the rest of your experience it sounds like you just have a mischief ghost on your hands. Set some ground rules, it is your family and your home now. They should respect you and your things. Thanks for sharing, good luck. 😊
Dreyk (9 stories) (27 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-10-10)
I've never really understood the 3am thing either. What time zone are the ghosts using? It's always 3:00am somewhere in the world. Does the demonic participate in daylight savings time?
wth_devildog (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-10-10)
NightlyEclipse,

Your experience is VERY similar to an experience that my wife and I had. I posted that story here on YGS. It's called "Mortuary Affairs". Check it out if you get a chance. We were are all too familiar with items disappearing and ending up in strange places. As well as furniture being moved out of place. You're not alone. Thanks for sharing!
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-10-10)
I wonder if folks with otherwise fairly 'normal' sleep cycles report be awoken by the paranormal at 3 am because the body is at its most relaxed at about that point in its wake/sleep cycle making it more likely to pick up on little sensations that would otherwise go unnoticed. My mother has been a nurse for 48 years and between hospitals and nursing homes, her experience has taught her that there is something about the wee hours of the morning - the body is at its most vulnerable. If a patient has not been doing well, that's the time when they'll most likely slip away.

Mind you, I am NOT in any way buying into or supporting the idea that 3 AM has some occult significance or that it is the devils time etc... What I am saying is that it is a time of day when the body's natural rhythms are at a low or at some place in their cycle when they are creating very little of their own energy of any kind making for less interference and more likelihood of tuning into or picking up on something possibly paranormal.

That's my thinking on the whole 3 AM thing anyway. 🤔

As for your pesky ghosts - they do sound mischievous indeed! Maybe try talking to them? Set down rules or be stern with them - another contributor to the site (I am sorry, I can't recall who just now) wrote of an incident where their keys had been absconded with and they told the spirit 'ok, very funny - I am going to leave the room and when I come back, those keys had better be on the table.' (or something along those lines) and sure enough the keys turned up. Perhaps your resident ghosties just need discipline (that does sound funny!). Maybe pick up a toy cell phone and keys from the dollar store for them to play with so they'll leave yours alone. 😁
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-10-09)
Are you in the Calgary/Edmonton area? That's a heck of a storm you had last week!

Are you talking about the same house from your previous story?

Don't worry about submitting long stories, the important thing is to be truthful and honest.😊
L_Melb (220 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2017-10-09)
I actually thought "how refreshing, the cat is being strange at midnight not the same old 3:00am business!" Then the old 3:00am thing made it's way in yet again 😁
Oh well, guess I'm getting picky in my old age.
Must admit, I can't imagine why anyone would put their phone in the cupboard with the glasses or keys behind the TV - that would certainly freak me out
One thing about the waking at 3, I have an annoying habit of waking at the same time during the night - over maybe a year times will gradually shift but it does happen (I am an awful sleeper 😠 I would be suspicious if I slept THROUGH the night!)
Enough about my boring eccentricities, thanks for sharing 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: