You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Shadow People :: I Saw A Shadow, And Nobody Was There

Real Ghost Stories

I Saw A Shadow, And Nobody Was There

 

This happened around Halloween, in 2017. I was with a group of friends, and we were chilling in the backyard of one of the friends. Things were going good for a while, just normal middle school discussions and occasional doll in the window. (the friend had a little brother who was inside the house at the time, so there's no way the doll is related to anything)

Then, at about eight to eight thirty PM, I saw a shadowy figure of a man wearing a hat appear on the house, moving towards one of the friends that was there. I looked behind me, and there was nobody there. It was just darkness. I asked if anyone else saw that, and there was only one person that didn't. It makes sense that the rest of us were pretty freaked out, so we all moved to the driveway. Then, the friend that didn't see it made her way around the house. She reported that she didn't see or hear anything paranormal. All the other people did not want to go back there, which makes sense. So, afterwards, there were no other experiences or anything paranormal. That was the the only thing that happened that night. I know what I saw was real, and there was 2 other people who saw it with me.

One thing worth noting though, is that one of the friends who was there claims that she is a type of medium. She can sense when there's a spirit in the area. She recalls that one time, she had a knife thrown at her by an *angry* spirit. And, after the incident, she says that there was an energy in the area, and when we saw the shadow, it was moving towards her. So, that's my little experience. I've given you the truth. Do what you will.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Nebraska

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kittyclassified, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-02-13)
Jubeele: sorry about that.
Here it goes:

Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=12570

Read the comments, they are hilarious!😂😂
Jubeele (25 stories) (882 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-02-13)
Lady-glow - your greeting (to Kitty) made me smile. 😊 Maybe the knife was something from 'The House of Flying Daggers'? (Just joking 😉). Can you please repost the link to the story as I only went to the "Home" page when I clicked on it.

Kitty, it is thought that shadow people could be spirits who haven't the energy to manifest fully. From what I've learned from others and my family's experiences, it also takes some effort for an entity to have an effect on a physical object. That's why they need a buildup of energy (negative or positive) like when troubled teenagers are present or when a family is in a lot of strife. Perhaps that is something you may wish to consider should you wish to ask your friend more about the flying knife.

Most of the time, a shadow is just a shadow. Be well. 😁
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-02-13)
Hello Kitty. 😉

Did you guys check if the shadow was cast by a passing car, or the reflection on a window, or some other source of light?

I know you don't want to participate in your story's discussion but, perhaps you would like to read the following story:

Http://www.yourghoststories.com

Personally, I wouldn't believe whatever thing a teenaged kid says without first checking all the facts and logical explanations.
Flying knives are something I would need to see before I believe it.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: