You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: A Coincidence Or Not?

Real Ghost Stories

A Coincidence Or Not?

 

On Saturday morning, 3 March 2018, I had to say goodbye to my ex mother-in-law at 86 years old. She was a very special person in my life and I loved her to bits. Her demise was sudden and a huge shock. Her sons are both overseas so although she was in an Old Age home her care was mostly left to me. She was my mom in every sense of the word and my mom for 37 years. She meant more to me that my own mom ever did. My children were also both, extremely fond of their Nana as she played a huge part in their lives.

Mom's greatest pleasure in life was to go and gamble and she taught my kids poker from a very young age. When my children were still young we would make a point of visiting on the weekend and we would have game nights. The game nights consisted of either card games, such as rummy or Sevens, or poker and we always played for coins. Mom also always won. It was a very special time in our lives and created memories that will forever be treasured.

It's no coincidence that my son is a regional manager in the gambling industry. Every time I went to see her I would take her gambling and she LOVED it.

On Wednesday, 7 March, a memorial service was held in my mom's honour. Since then, every time I turn on my car radio, the song "The Gambler" by Kenny Rodgers comes on. The strange thing is that this particular radio station, NEVER but NEVER plays country songs.

Every time the song comes on, I see mom in my minds eye and see the excitement when she knew I was taking her out. Is this a coincidence? I think not.

Other hauntings by annie16

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, annie16, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-03-26)
I don't think it's a coincidence annie. Your love and respect for each other was boundless and she just wants you to know she's still there.

When you said she taught your kids to play poker at a very young age, I had to go look at the picture on my fridge of my hubby playing poker with the grandkids. My 3 year old granddaughter had just flipped over kings full of sevens and was raking in a large pot of chips! Her brother was not happy but it was their favorite game to play.

Your mom sounds like a very special woman and I'm sorry for your loss. ❤ Who knows... It may have been her calling the radio station to request the song. 😉
annie16 (13 stories) (53 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-03-26)
Thank you LuciaJacinta. She was full of fun and life and had a truely beautiful heart. I will always miss her.
Lady-Glow. Thank you. LOL no I haven't phoned the radio station but just before the song played the first time, the announcer said that it was a special request. The strange thing was that this is an early morning show and although they play some music, they DO NOT take requests.
Thank you Curious Dee.
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-03-24)
Beautiful story 😊 I've experienced something similar. That feeling of knowing your loved one is reaching out, trying to show you they are with you is priceless.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Try to remember that she is always with you and has proved it. Thank you for sharing ❤
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-03-23)
I'm sorry for your loss. Your experience is very touching. ❤

Have you tried calling the radio station and asking why they play that song so often? - What would you do if they said they don't...?
Perhaps your mother has been playing with the radio to let you know how fond and grateful she's for those times you spent together.

Thanks for sharing.
LuciaJacinta (8 stories) (291 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-03-23)
Very sweet story. She sounds like so much fun. I'm sorry for your loss.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: