You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Hair Raising Experience

Real Ghost Stories

Hair Raising Experience

 

Some long time ago, my grandmother's brother passed away. A funeral service was held for a few days, followed by his burial services - all of which, I've attended.

It is customary in the Philippines for the immediate family to hold a "reception" after the burial - snacks will be served at the memorial garden, and sometimes, a meal is served at their home. I think it is a way of showing gratitude to everyone who paid their respects to their family member who recently passed away, and to celebrate the life he lived as well.

Back then, after his burial, my lolo's (general term - grandfather) immediate family invited all the guests to share a meal at their home. They lived close to my grandmother and so before I went to their home for lunch, I went to my grandmother's for a change of clothes (the clothes I was wearing was drenched in sweat). I had my cousins accompany me and had them wait for me by the living room. I went to the guest room (the room my family was using) and immediately went on to change my clothes. Right as I was pulling my shorts (pants) up (at a bent position), I noticed a thick lock of my hair was raised in my peripheral vision. I straightened up and confirmed that indeed my hair was raised at a position parallel to the floor, kind of like when someone's holding it from the tip. I immediately thought it was just static since I was a little close to the "wooden" wall and so I tried tugging the hair and rubbing the air in between. But, nothing worked. It held its position. The thick lock of hair was still raised, kind of like it was floating. It didn't hurt but it sure scared me a lot as I was still a young girl back then. I hurriedly finished changing and ran out of the room as fast as I possibly could, and told my cousins the "hair-raising" story. We were all kids, so quite expectedly, we ran off to my lolo's home fast.

When we arrived at their home, I told my parents and some close relatives what happened. They told me it was just probably my lolo playing tricks on me. They explained that back when he was alive, he used to love playing tricks on his grandchildren all the time. Maybe it was just his way of saying goodbye.

Other hauntings by chloe26

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, chloe26, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Quirky (2 stories) (23 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-09-26)
Thank you for addressing my questions, chloe.

Unquestionably, your lolo is/was a practical joker. He must have been loved by all your family members.

Kind regards,
Mr. Quirky
chloe26 (3 stories) (17 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-09-24)
Hi Mr. Quirky,

Thanks for reading my story. 😊

Definitely gives a whole new meaning to "BAD HAIR DAY". LOL

Anyway, regarding your queries:
1. Forgive me but I really can't remember when it settled. I ran like crazy and all I could focus on was leaving that room. When I got to their house though, my hair was back in place.
2. Yes, we always used that room whenever we went to visit my grandmother - no other "spooky" experience since.
Quirky (2 stories) (23 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-09-24)
Thank you for sharing your captivating hair raising story with us, chloe.

With my tongue planted firmly in my cheek, I jokingly say that your experience takes a bad hair day to a whole different level.

Just curious on two accounts and I'm hoping that you will have a response to the following questions:
1) Upon speeding out of the guest room, at what point did your hair lock settle back into place?
2) Have you been back to that guest room?

Kind regards,
Mr. Quirky
chloe26 (3 stories) (17 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-09-23)
Hi Apo,

Thanks for reading my story. 😊

I know, I don't know what caused it as well but I'd like to think it was my lolo's way of saying goodbye.

Also, thanks for the tip. Will try that some time.
chloe26 (3 stories) (17 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-09-23)
Hi lady-glow,

Looking back, I think my hair was sweaty too - except I had long straight hair that won't easily frizz or stand up when wet so I eliminated that from my list of plausible reasons.

And, I couldn't remember anyone sharing a similar experience -
Except at that time, I was one of the few "older" kids of the family, the rest were younger and/or toddlers so if they've had a similar experience, they might've not understood it then.

I really don't know what caused my hair to stand up and it just felt freaky as we were kids, but I'd like to think it was my lolo's way of saying goodbye.

Thanks for reading my story, as well. 😊
Aporetic (5 stories) (125 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-09-23)
Greetings, chloe

I don't know what could have caused your hair to stand at attention the way it did, but I like the idea of it being a goodbye from your Lolo.

Static is a plausible reason as I'm often at my wits end when I'm faced with such hair raising experiences. Tip: A smooth down with some glycerine creme soothes the hair and gives it an extra bit of shine.

Regards
Apo
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+4
6 years ago (2018-09-22)
"the clothes I was wearing was drenched in sweat)."

Have you considered the possibility of your hair being sweaty too?
Do you know if any other of your kid relatives experienced anything similar?

Perhaps your cousins and you, given your age, got spooked unnecessarily, or perhaps your grand uncle really was playing a prank on you, if so, it was a nice encounter.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: