You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Old Hag Syndrome And A Cross Earring

Real Ghost Stories

Old Hag Syndrome And A Cross Earring

 

This morning I noticed in my right ear was a brass cross stud earring in the second hole of my earlobe that I didn't put in there. I wear the same silver stud earrings every day and change them out rarely. In the first holes on both sides I currently have sterling silver bees. In the second hole on the left is a tiny heart, on the right is a even smaller sterling silver ball. I have a third hole on the left but not on the right and it has a tiny silver ball. So I saw this cross in my ear alongside inside the same hole with the silver ball when I looked in the mirror. At first I didn't know what it was and then thought I must have somehow rolled onto an earring in my sleep so I went to pull it out and it wouldn't budge. So then I realized there was a post on the back holding it in place! So there was no way I could have just somehow rolled the back onto it.

I have no idea where this earring came from. I have had weird "sleep paralysis" incidents over the years. I saw an old woman with a large dagger stab me in the stomach when I woke up in the mirror on the wall next to my bed. Also I have woken up not able to move or speak seeing some dark figure trying to get into my body. Also I have had my hair pulled and my shoulder tapped when nobody was there. I hear my name called occasionally.

Last week I heard my dear Grandmother's voice, who is deceased, calling out for me. The only explanation for these things has to be a ghost or haunting of some kind. I was not asleep when any of these things happened. Some were upon waking but the rest I hadn't even been asleep. I'm assuming the earring incident happened when I was asleep though since it wasn't there yesterday and I don't recall myself or anyone putting it in my ear. Anyone have anything similar or theories?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ElizabethStafford, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+4
6 years ago (2018-10-15)
Hello Elizabeth

I agree with Biblio about needing clarification about the Old Hag.
Have you ever heard of lucid dreams? Basically a lucid dream is one where you are aware of what is going on and feel pain when stabbed,shot,whatever.
During a lucid dream I was being chased by some people who wanted to do me great harm. I had to stop short because of a 75 foot cliff. I decided to jump rather than get caught. Now some say that if you jump or fall off of a cliff and hit the ground you will die for real 🙄. I hit the ground and felt the bone crushing impact. Then I got up and walked away. That is when I woke up, I had to pee and take pain medication for my back.

Red
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
 
6 years ago (2018-10-15)
Hello ElizabethStafford,

You certainly are going through a bit of an ordeal. I too have experienced sleep paralysis and to the point that it seems very real.

The hag with the dagger that tried to stab you must have been a scary situation. I hope she goes as quickly as she arrived.

With the cross earring, do you think it's possible you put it in your ear whiles half asleep? Is it possible that you got it for a gift and you forgot about it?

I'm new to YGS and still coming to grips with my own encounters. One thing is for sure, everyone here is ready to help and share ways to rid of bad entities.

I hope you are okay. I look forward to reading your comments and replys to members.

Regards,
Miandra
😘 ❤ 😘
Haven (20 stories) (307 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-10-15)
Hi, Elizabeth,

You state you have no idea where this earing came from, so I take that as meaning it does not belong to you. Do you live alone? Could that earing belong to someone in your household? I agree with the sleepwalking and medication theory. Can they be ruled out?
RedRaven5 (1 stories) (3 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-10-15)
Maybe your grandma put the cross there, trying to protect you from your other visitor?... Did it have a good or bad vibe?
Caz (342 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-10-14)
Hello Elizabeth,
This brass cross stud you found in your earlobe... Is that one of your own earrings? If yes, is it one you bought for yourself or was it gifted to you? Odd questions I know, but I just wonder if the answers may (or may not) have relevance! 🤔
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-10-13)
Hello Elizabeth, yes to all of them, my theory on the Old Hag? I'm convinced we are most likely living in a Computer simulation, Matrix or some kind of awesome Holographic universe designed back yonder by probably some very technological advanced civilisation that built it's own ancestryreality.com for we the people... To play games in that have some serious consequences depending on where you roll the dice hence there are some seriously smart physicist putting forward some fascinating mathematics supporting the whole Matrix hypothesise.

Anywho,I have a feeling this old duck who has some serious personality issues giving her victims a heart attack is actually a program built with in the system to serve it's own purpose? What purpose is that? I have no idea but when a person meditates or comes out of a dream they can switch on the old hag syndrome and do a tango with the old girl... Yes it is horrifying the only advise I can give you is to show no fear... There is something about fear that generally generates sleep paralysis and gives these types of accounts some life... I intend to give her a hug next time I see her, 30 years ago I had an experience the last time was not that long ago where I told her to eff off... Silly me, fight or flight plays into her hands.

Regards Daz
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-10-13)
Hi Elizabeth,

I was thinking of something similar to what Biblio suggested. Do you have any history of sleepwalking? I was a regular 'sleep walker' up until my early 20's and still talk in my sleep fairly regularly (my daughter seems to have inherited these strange nocturnal activities too). Might this be the case for you? People who sleepwalk will do silly and mundane tasks.

Biblio is right, certain medications can effect your sleep cycle too. I know sleep paralysis can happen when one is overtired or emotionally or physically stressed. There are many reports of individuals describing a hag, figure or other strange sights and sounds. I have experienced SP quite a few times and noticed it happened when I was under stress or exhausted. I don't know if this is the case for you too.

Looking forward to your response. All the best
Dee
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+4
6 years ago (2018-10-13)
Greetings, Elizabeth.

I have a few questions for you about these experiences.

First, do you take any medication on a regular basis? (No judgement: I happen to take prescribed meds, but mine don't affect sleep cycles). In some instances, usually listed as "rare side-effects" on the side of the bottle, there may be a warning about adjusting your sleep-cycle. This is because some people not only sleepwalk when under the influence of medication, but also function in a nearly-normal manner in a wide variety of ways.

Second, do you live near power lines or a neighborhood substation? High electro-magnetic fields may also interfere with normal REM sleep, basically overriding the body's self-protection and letting the individual act out whatever he or she is dreaming about.

Third, and perhaps most odd: what did you mean by "I saw an old woman with a large dagger stab me in the stomach when I woke up in the mirror on the wall next to my bed"? 1) You woke up inside the mirror and from that vantage point watched an old woman stab you? 2) You woke up because she stabbed you with the dagger, then you saw her in the mirror? 3) You woke up, the mirror next to your bed reflected you and an old woman who then stabbed you with a dagger? Whichever of these points you're making is not clear from the sentence you wrote; would you mind rephrasing it so that your experience is clarified for us?

Thanks,
Biblio.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: