You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Missing Earring

Real Ghost Stories

The Missing Earring

 

I'm not very good at intros so I'll just cut to the chase. I own a pair of silver stud earrings, in the shape of jigsaw puzzle pieces. They are especially important to me because I have Autism, and a puzzle piece is often the image that is associated with and represents Autism. I love wearing them as a little nod to my disability, whilst still proving I can do anything that anybody else can.

Anyways, I'd been wearing the earrings all day and decided to take a bath to wash my hair. I took my earrings out and placed them on the small shelf I have in my bathroom. I specifically remember doing this, because as I did it I said out loud (yes I talk to myself) something along the lines of "I'm taking a risk by putting these here because they tend to fall off, or mum knocks them off and they go missing, but I think they'll be alright." I absolutely 100% remember that conversation with myself and the earrings being on that shelf.

Skip to the next day when I still hadn't remembered that my earrings were on the shelf (I forgot put them back in after my bath). It was around 11:00 pm when I was going to bed and I was in the bathroom when I picked up my deodorant from the shelf. In doing so, I knocked one of the earrings off and it fell to the floor. I thought to myself "hey I've accidentally reminded myself that these are here!" Luckily I could see the one that had fallen and picked it up. I looked on the shelf for the other one, but it wasn't there. Great, it had probably fallen off at some point in the day when my mum was in the bathroom.

I crawled around on the bathroom floor for ten minutes looking for that earring. I even got my phone and turned the torch on to see if the light would reflect off of anything shiny on the floor, in hopes that I would find it. But it wasn't anywhere to be seen. At this point I was frustrated with myself for thinking they would be alright to stay on the shelf in the first place, and I wished I'd put them on my jewellery stand. Mostly I was just really upset, they're my favourite earrings with a meaning and I was devastated I'd lost one and wouldn't be able to wear them again.

Defeated, I get into bed. My bed is a high sleeper, in other words it's up a ladder. Like a bunk bed, but instead of having a second bed underneath it has a futon and a desk. This means that I'm about 6ft in the air when I'm in bed. My wardrobe is directly next to my bed, and also happens to be the perfect height for me to use the top of it as a bedside table. All of my things are on there, my phone, iPad, chargers, drink. My phone was plugged in and charging as I pulled the covers over me, and I thought about how sad I was about my earring.

It was at this point that I reached over to pick up my phone to use it, and found to my amazement that a perfectly placed silver jigsaw puzzle piece earring was sitting behind my phone, on the top of a wardrobe. I didn't have words. I honestly couldn't believe it. I picked it up and all I could say was "no?!, but how did you?, there's no way!"

After staring at it for some time, I climbed out of bed just to check that it wasn't the same original earring that I'd already picked up from the bathroom floor. But sure enough, I got to my jewellery stand and there that earring was still sitting there right where I put it after I'd picked it up. I just stared at both earrings in amazement, before being so elated that some unknown source had decided to place my missing earring right in my line of sight.

I'm still baffled as to how I could have personally done it. Why would I have moved one earring without the other? And why would I have moved them there of all places?! How one ended up on top of my wardrobe that's 6ft in the air, whilst the other one was still where I'd left them on the bathroom shelf I will never truly know.

So if it was some form of paranormal force, I'm very thankful. They must have seen how much the earrings meant to me, and how upset I was to have lost one.

Needless to say I won't be leaving any earrings on the bathroom shelf anymore!

Other hauntings by KT432177

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, KT432177, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

KT432177 (3 stories) (8 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2019-12-17)
Hello silverthane61!

Thank you, I'm not sure how it works either, but I'm glad they helped me find my earring 😊 I believe it was a genuine paranormal event too! 😱😜
KT432177 (3 stories) (8 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2019-12-17)
Hello Lealeigh!
I'm sorry I haven't seen your comment earlier, usually I get a notification but for some reason they've stopped! Thank you, I love the symbolism too! It's like I'm telling people when they look at me, but if they don't know what the puzzle piece represents, they don't catch on to what I'm saying 😜 I agree with you on that too, I wouldn't climb into my bed carrying just one of my earrings, and why would I take them there of all places 😂 I'm glad you enjoyed my story anyway 😊

Katy.
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2019-12-15)
I do not know the science involved behind the apparent ability for objects to apparate similar to what happened to your earring. This seems to be indeed a genuine paranormal event.
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2019-12-12)
Hello KT432177,

I love the symbolism that you have assigned to your earrings. It's kind of beautiful in a simple way.

When I was a teenager, living at my father's house, I had the same style of bed; futon/desk on the bottom; twin-sized bed on the top. I took glow-in-the-dark paint and painted my ceiling to look like the constellations of the Northern Hemisphere.

The only difference with the bed was: my father fixed a narrow, glass bedside table to the wall. I used to hit my elbows on it when I turned in my sleep.

I agree that it wouldn't be likely that you would get to the top of a set up like that while holding on to your earring without knowing.

I think it was placed in a place where you would surely look soon.

Thank you for sharing this story.

- Maria ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: