You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Child's Footprint In The Well

Real Ghost Stories

Child's Footprint In The Well

 

This event happened when I was in Grade 6, I think. We are playing with the other kids, one early evening outside our house. We tend to play until 9-10 pm during weekends. We were having fun when suddenly I felt that I needed to pee. I don't get scared easily and I'm so hyper of playing at that time, so I went alone and since I want to get back to playing as soon as possible I decided to pee at the back of our house, in the our backyard near the well so I can easily fetch water and wash it out. When I was pulling the cover off the well (a well that has a square shape top) I did not notice anything yet, but when the light coming from the post hit the right side of the well and when I was about to grab the rope to fetch water I saw something that made me freeze.

I saw footprints of mud the size of a newly born baby would make! It is coming from inside the wall and ended at the top. It has been dry already and the right side outside of the wheel is a mini garden of my cousin. I stared at the footprints for a moment and then looked at the plants beside the well then I took off as soon as possible. I did not care to close the well anymore because I ran already. When I was back with them, I told nobody because we are having fun playing, especially older ones because I might be scolded for peeing near the well and not closing it.

I was thinking about it until now and am very puzzled. It is not a secret anymore because I told my cousins, but that is when we were older. They did acknowledged it because they have their own experiences. Please let me know if you have anything to say about this event. Thank you.

Other hauntings by deyanna

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, deyanna, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

deyanna (10 stories) (19 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2018-11-04)
Everyone,

Thanks for the thoughts. Yes, it could have been animal footprints, but what I'm so confused about is normally when something is inside the well (like animals), we tend to rescue it since the well is way too deep. Like once, my Uncle saved a cat who fell inside the well. The well is too deep for the cat to get out on its own, but yes, I'm open to the possibility it could be an animal.

-- In regards to my cousins' experiences, it's not related to the footprints that I saw, it's something they experienced that is also unusual and will leave us thinking. I'm sharing my experiences as of now and later on I'll share some of my cousins or family relatives' experiences. Thank you for reading, and thanks for your patience everyone. ❤ ❤
Haven (20 stories) (307 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2018-11-02)
Hi, Deyanna,

Going by the information on your story, I agree with the other posters as well, it could be animal tracks. But, you mention that your cousins have their own experiences, would you care to elaborate? Do their experiences involve baby footprints or something that ties into this story? I would love to hear those stories before I can make any final conclusions.

Thanks!
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2018-11-02)
Deyanna,

I agree with Lady-glow and Cuddlebear, the footprints could have been caused by a local animal.

I would also be interested in reading the experiences of your cousins.

Thanks for sharing
Dee
Cuddlebear (4 stories) (173 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2018-11-02)
I don't know about your area, but I know there are a number of primates living in the Philippines, anyone of which could leave prints that resemble a baby's or toddler's tracks.

I too would like to learn of other experiences.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-11-01)
Would it be possible that the footprints were made by an animal?
Some animal tracks can be mistaken for those made by small human feet.

Perhaps knowing about your cousins' experiences could shed some light about your own. 🤔

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: