You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Patio Door Face And The Shadow Figure

Real Ghost Stories

Patio Door Face And The Shadow Figure

 

I remember when I was a senior in high school, I was preparing for college. When I wasn't doing that, I would be spending time with my family.

We were just playing the Wii and chatting about life when my mom sent me to get her purse and when I asked her where was it, she told me it was in the Dining Room/Kitchen. The Dining Room shared the same room as the Kitchen so hence the fusion.

Now at this time, lights were out and as I walked down the hallway, I figured I didn't need to switch on the lights because it would only be a quick and easy task. While it was a quick and easy task, this experience was terrifying. As I looked around for her bag, I found it on a chair near the hallway, but as I looked over to the patio door (which the blinds were closed), I saw a woman's face. A WOMAN'S FACE SMILING AT ME. Just the face. No body. Besides the fact she had medium length hair, there were no other features than the face and the hair. (Yes, as in features, eyes, nose, lips.)

I didn't stick around to catch any more details, I ran, I ran straight to my family, just telling them what had happened. This story is also one of the reasons I shut my bedroom doors and flick on lights wherever I go. Of course, I flick them off as I return.

Now as for the shadow figure, I remember my mom had an idea of sleeping in the dining room area. The area was big, so we set up blankets pillows, and warm heat pads. We watched Korean dramas and other movies with my brother. Afterwards, my mom told us it was time to go to bed.

As I'm lying there, I start to draw late at night. Yeah, I'm a night owl, and it has been a bad habit since high school. I looked to the kitchen and as I looked towards the counter, I saw a tall shadow figure swish past quick from right to left. It was quick enough to see what it was. No, we didn't have anything hanging in the kitchen nor did have anything hanging in the dining room. I was puzzled.

The next night, we we sleeping in the dining room again. Again, I stay up to draw. But then I hear thuds. Like multiple thuds. Like the sound of a person running. It varied from walking to running. I was even more perplexed.

For those of you curious, no, I haven't seen the "patio lady" and no, I haven't heard those footsteps ever since then.

Other hauntings by KankokuMochi

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, KankokuMochi, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DirtCreature (guest)
+1
5 years ago (2018-12-21)
I agree with the mundane possibility. Reflections can be interpreted as faces because our mind searches for patterns. I have seen red eyes before in my closet as a child and determined there were no objects or toys in there to create it. I investigated it the next morning and there was no plausible explanation for the red eyes (they weren't just red circles from my memory but almond shaped). So, even if you are afraid, it's never a bad idea to look for other explanations just to rule things out. Thank you for sharing.
Cuddlebear (4 stories) (173 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2018-12-21)
KankokuMochi ~

Sounds harrowing. I have nothing to offer you as concerns Shadow People. As to your Lady's Face (tangentially - if you could not see her lips how did you determine she smiled?) I have some thoughts based on an experience I had.

My wife heard something stirring the house not she could not identify, and woke me. Some minutes later I too heard the noise and knew it wasn't any of the furry children. So I walked down the hall, and the noise increased. Breaking into the dining room I looked out the back window and saw two glowing read eyes peering in through the french doors at me.

I ducked back into the hall caught my breath and looked again. Yup two glowing red eyes. I thought I could make out a body, but as I moved towards the door I realized the there was nothing but eyes. Then I heard the noise again and it came from behind me. Turns out the timer on our coffee machine went off and the darn thing was brewing coffee at zero dark thirty. I also noticed the red power light indicating the coffee machine was on. Turns out the eyes were a reflection of the power indicator in the double pained glass.

The point of the story is that our minds will often fill in blanks - complete pictures we expect to see. I am not saying that there wasn't a face peering in your window, but I think it far more likely you saw the reflection of something in the dark, interpreted as a face and made a hasty retreat.

Hope you can sleep better...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: