You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Black Figures In Our New House

Real Ghost Stories

Black Figures In Our New House

 

I haven't written anything in quite some time. Partly because we sold the house where little Adam is, and my experiences have been very scarce since the move.

We bought a small 3 bedroom house in a little town called Heidelberg. The area is so nice and quiet, not as noisy as Kempton Park. And considering the amount of times we had attempted break-ins in Kempton, it is very refreshing not to worry about outside people trying to get in to the house. Not that this town is bereft of crime, it is just so much quieter here.

The house is cosy and really is a good fit for the twins and I. It is an old house, the lady we bought it from had lived there with her husband for 37 years, he passed away 4 years ago. In the first few weeks of moving in, I had random little experiences that I chalked up to having new house jitters. One night I woke up from the sound of a plastic bag being moved around. I buy snacks and stuff for the boys for school, and keep the bag in my room, hidden from them so they don't eat everything. This bag was kept behind my dressing table, and the whole house is laid out in parquet (wooden block flooring). So when the bag was moved, it sounded like it was being picked up, and as I stirred, it fell to the floor. Guess who battled to sleep for the rest of the night?

After we went to Mozambique in December, and a friend of mine, "Jake", looked after the house for us, it seems he brought some guests with him who decided to hang around after he left. He is in to some very dark stuff, my friend Tim has seen the things that have attached themselves to him and he says they are not pleasant.

A week after we had moved in to the house (this is September 2018), the boys and I went on a trip to go and pick up the puppies we had decided to get - chocolate Labradors, a girl and a boy. Early in February, one Sunday morning, we noticed that the boy was not looking well. I went to him and checked his gums, as my dad had taught me, and they looked healthy. But it bugged me that he seemed very sluggish and wasn't eating. The thing that made it worse was that, around an hour earlier, he had been playing in the container we had their water in. It is big enough that he could fit in to it, and he would splash around in the water. An hour later the poor boy couldn't lift his head up and by the afternoon he had passed away. He had seemed to throw up before he passed, there were white puddles in a few places. This made me think that he might have eaten something poisonous, as the girl was completely fine. But it didn't make losing this precious boy any easier. For the first 2 weeks after he died our girl dog sat in the backyard, crying. She howled a very heartbreaking sound.

I was aware of an oppressive presence in the lounge/tv room since we got back from holiday in January. But after the dog died, it seemed to intensify for me. I would feel very uncomfortable walking around the house in the dark, I would get these mental flashes of our dead dog looking at me from the shadows. I chalked it up to the fact that I have never been able to deal with animals dying. It always upsets me horribly. But with it came this horrible feeling that something terrible was standing right next to me in the morning when I unlocked the front door. It would be so bad that I could barely stand being there for a minute just to unlock the door and leave the house. I had started using the front door since the dog passed, as he had died right next to the kitchen door, and I also could not bring myself to walk past there in the dark. I know it sounds juvenile, but I hate the idea of walking around the area where he died. I also got a very bad feeling coming from one corner of the back yard, the same kind of oppressive feeling as by the front door.

So, as per usual, I called Tim and Elaine and asked them to come over. We had a nice visit and I mentioned to Elaine that I felt bad vibes in the house. She went and spoke to Tim and he took his time strolling through the house and yard. He came back to tell me that our boy dog was still being a "good boy", running up and down the one wall in the backyard. He picked up that there was a black figure in the backyard. He said the thing has no visible facial features and seems to be pulsating. Sounds weird, I know.

The entity in the house, however, also black, had very clear facial features, according to Tim. But he said I don't want to know what they looked like. He knows how this stuff freaks me out. He did not know that Jake had been in the house, but he flat out asked me if Jake had been there, because the thing in the lounge he had seen around Jake before. I told him Jake had stayed in the house for 2 weeks, to which Tim just shook his head.

He did a cleansing and the 2 entities seem to have left. He also told me that there is a young boy, looks to be early teens, running around the house. Maybe he is the culprit messing around in my room? I don't feel nervous in the dark anymore and I can even walk in the backyard in the dark. Of course now I know my boy is there, I talk to him too. Our girl seems to know he is still around, she barks at the back wall and will run up to it and jump around like she is playing.

Other hauntings by triden07

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, triden07, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-07-06)
I am so sorry for the loss of your baby. I am completely incapable of dealing with that sort of loss as well. I hope your little girl carries on strong for many years to come! Have you thought about getting her a new companion? It may do you both a lot of good. ❤

I am glad you were able to reconnect with him - that must be such a comfort to know he is ok and happy! My grandfather was able to reach through and give me that sort of absolution when my beloved cat died - I wrote about it in "Peanut and Pa".

Give your baby a kiss for me!
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-06-05)
LightMight
Thank you so much for your kind words. We miss our boy every day.

Valkricry
My dear friend, I am so glad to hear you think of me:) So far it has been very quiet. Neither of grandmothers have shown up since the move, and Charlie is only around every now and then. It's an adjustment, and I miss Adam.
valkricry (49 stories) (3270 posts) mod
+2
5 years ago (2019-06-04)
Triden, funny, I was just thinking about you the other day when your story popped up in the que.
I was wondering if Granny and the others followed you to you new home, or if they've gone into the light? At the time of your writing it is easy to see they have not yet arrived. You know how I am, I believe there are those who can transverse the veil, according to the need.
LightMight (4 stories) (137 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-06-04)
Hello triden07,

After reading your story, I felt compelled to comment. First, I'm very sorry for your loss of your sweet boy dog. That was heartbreaking to read, but it does sound as though he has found peace in your backyard.

In regard to your friend Jake, who looked after your home, I think you were very wise to have a cleansing done in your new home. Years ago, I had a similar situation happen with a friend who temporarily lived in my home. I learned that I had to limit my time I spent around this friend due to the dark 'baggage' they carried...

I wish you the best in your new home, and hope the positivity continues 😉 ~ LightMight

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: