You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Odd Energy

Real Ghost Stories

Odd Energy

 

So our story begins 7 months ago. 4 days before Super Bowl Sunday. My husband and I went to bed as we normally do. I had a very quick nightmare about a man in a dark doorway. I was walking towards the door and just as I was going to enter the room. This man yelled "No, Stop!" But it was too late. I had stepped into the room and as soon as I did, I felt this strong energy surge through me. I immediately woke up and still felt a strong energy all over my body for a few minutes or so. As I lay there, I calmly tried to fall back to sleep but I had this odd sensation that my blanket was moving. I did not see anything.

The next morning my husband called and asked how I slept as he always does. I reluctantly told him about my dream and he said "that is really weird because I could have sworn there was a cat walking on our bed last night". I think I was silent for a few moments before I said "oh my god! I felt it too!".

Over the last 7 months, this energy not only visits us every night as we sleep but has been tormenting us at work. We work in different cities and we both feel it with us. Sometimes it feels like a light electrical charge on different places on our bodies. Mostly our head or legs.

I have felt what feels like something wrapping around my legs while sitting at my desk or driving. It has even came with us while on an airplane.

We have had 2 different physic mediums try to get rid of this energy, each one 2 times with no luck. We had a Shaman try to help as well as an energy reiki expert. Again, no help. I went to my church for help and had a priest bless my house 5 different times with no luck.

We are feeling hopeless as this energy does not present like anything we have ever seen on tv or read about. We have seen 2 orbs and heard a male and female voice on a recording.

We have honestly tried EVERYTHING! Sage, holy water, being nice, getting angry and demanding it to leave. I have lived in my home for 19 years without any paranormal activities, then Bam, just like that... It won't leave! We no longer sleep in our room because the energy is stronger in there. This is crazy... Right. My daughter just came home from college and she too is being tormented and came to sleep with us. She said she felt a strong electrical energy all over her legs and felt as if something was tugging at her blankets and she was falling into her bed. This is something we have felt many many times. Some nights are worse than others but it never fails to torment us each and every night and let us know its there every day. We cannot see the blankets moving while we are feeling this energy hovering over our legs. Sometimes it feels as if someone has taken a feather down the side of my face, then arm and again and again.

I am sitting in the recliner typing this and at this very moment I can feel this energy surrounding me and feels like a cat kneading on my lap, but I cannot see anything. It can be terrifying at times. If anyone has any ideas on what this is or how to get rid of this energy, please help!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Massachusetts

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Karla, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-09-15)
Hi Karla

You may well be in the early stages of creating a poltergeist with in your own home and the source of that creation may be coming from you? Seeming it follows you to work. Our entire reality at the fundamental building blocks of nature or at the plank scale of the universe is energy and it flows on through a river of consciousness and presents itself with the illusion of physicality through the power of observation as like the double slit experiment has proven over again and again.

Our homes are full of the same atoms that make up the universe and when we interact with our homes through the power of our mind and consciousness we can unlock certain channels of energies with in it's foundation that present themselves to us as a separate entity.

Questions:

Do you suffer from depression?
Has anyone in the home suffered depression?
Is anyone in the home a victim of a crime they can't get over?
Have their been any problems with relationships with in your immediate family?
Is there something else related to these accounts that are too embarrassing to admit?
Are there any strange marks on yourself you can't explain?.
Have you ever suffered from sleep paralysis?
Have you ever had bouts of lost time?
Does the energy tingle above your belly button?
Has your mother or father had similar accounts of any sorts?
Have you ever felt a snip or sharp pain in your left calf muscle?
Have you ever seen any colourful lights in your home?

There may be more questions depending on how you answer these.

Regards Daz!
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+4
5 years ago (2019-09-14)
Also in checking in on this thread for any activity, I had another thought regarding the tingling. If anyone in the household has recently stopped or even started smoking (products with nicotine, specifically), that could've caused the tingling as well.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-08-26)
That does sounds like a decent dose of stressors. Your elemental theory may hold water! And, good news is, there are traditional folk methods of dealing with them so there is hope of attaining a bit of peace in your home ☺

Here is a link to a podcast episode with a pretty decent discussion of elementals, their varieties etc that might give you a bit of insight into what you could be dealing with:
Https://www.graveyardpodcast.com/podcast/episode/514d09ed/65-elementals

This is a blog entry regarding fairies and various folks experiences with them - if you search the page for the term "tingling" it will take you to an entry where that 'symptom' was associated with a fairy experience.
Https://deadbutdreaming.wordpress.com/tag/folklore/

Here is a link to a decent list of folk remedies for such things - simple items from the household or garden that can be used for protection etc:
Https://www.ghostlyactivities.com/herbs-protect-evil-spirits/

Here is a great PDF book on the subject:
Https://www.academia.edu/35338107/The_Encyclopedia_of_Celtic_Mythology_and_Folklore

And just to make sure our bases are covered - I am not a doctor but I do need to mention neuropathy (https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/147963.php). It can be brought on by stress (it's happened to me before). So a quick chat with a doctor might not be a bad idea just to rule that out. I deal with anxiety and depression too- I was turned into an herb called ashwaganda by a friend with the same issues and it has done a lot of good for me - maybe ask your doctor (because, I'll stress again, I'm definitely NOT one) about that too if you are so inclined.

Sorry to throw a bunch of reading at you but I do hope it helps!
Karla (1 stories) (5 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-08-22)
AugustaM
I loved your response. It is hard to say if a big event happened at the time this energy entered my home since my family is known for our anxiety there is a list of things. My 25 year old son lost his job, my youngest daughter started college 1,000 miles away and I was so worried about her and missed her so deeply that my heart hurt every day. She herself suffers from anxiety and depression at times. The energy in our home is definitely not negative or dark but constant and annoying. It doesn't let us sleep, it doesn't follow instructions or commands. I have been told that it is not human but an elemental spirit. I am starting to be believe this because I have bought a couple night vision cameras and have seen multiple (at least 5) orbs in my bed room at the same time.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-08-15)
I'll second the advice for positivity and solidarity within your family and individual relationships. The more good that surrounds you, the less appealing to baddies you'll be.

And perhaps I missed it but does this entity give anyone it interacts with a distinct sense of threat or is it merely unnerving because of its inherent weirdness? I say this also because there is a fairly commonly held belief that positive entities are frequently unaffected by cleansings. As this entity has not budged through multiple extraction attempts - maybe it really isn't bad.

Can you pinpoint anything at all around the time this began? Life changes? Job upheavals? Tough times with family members? A visit to a site that may have been haunted? A local tragedy? Even perhaps something as mundane as having picked up a used item? I lean more towards you or someone in your family being haunted rather than your home as this thing seems to follow you about.

Living next to a mass grave, our place is haunted - it is a fact of its being as much as it its having been constructed from brick and mortar - it simply *is*. No amount of cleansing is going to change it. However, in my experience, it can be mitigated. We have "House Rules" for our paranormal roomies (ex. No hurting any one or anything. No freaking out us or the cats etc). When things seem to be getting out of hand, I remind them of the rules and they almost invariably pipe down right away. So if living without them isn't an option, perhaps peaceful coexistence might be.
mel8763 (1 stories) (19 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-08-13)
Karla,a member here, Rookydgin has a method to cleanse your house that other members swear by. I hope I spelled their name right. Please consider it. Best wishes and good luck.
Karla (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-08-12)
Thank you silencerecited. Your input is very similar to what the Shaman had told us. He said that we may have manifested this energy by accident from a feeling of dred one of us may have been experiencing, So my husband and I have both had a couple healing sessions with him. We try only to have positive words while in the house. Thankfully the summer months have allowed us to spend our days off outside were the energy is less active.
SilenceRecited (2 stories) (4 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-08-12)
Hello Karla. I'm so sorry this is happening to you. For some reason I felt compelled to comment because I have seen many people recommend calling on Jesus to rid you of your dilemma. That is all well and fine, especially if it gives you peace of mind, but I have heard this rarely works. Especially since you have said you pray and have had a priest try to assist you in getting rid of this entity/energy. This reminded me of a paranormal podcast episode I listened to once where they had a guest come on the show by the name of Shane Sirois. He is a paranormal investigator who has helped many families over the years get rid of problems of the paranormal. He is said to have a 100% success rate. Some of the things he mentioned were that most hauntings or situations similar to yours began during a major life event or something that sparked a lot of intense emotions within the person being afflicted. Whether it was a new baby, moving into a house, avidly working on a project that brings in a lot of stress, or even remembering a past trauma that can literally manifest into a haunting. Can you think of anything that may have sparked negative emotions for you and your husband during the time this energy started affecting your life? This man, Shane, has said doing positive things and resetting your mind to think positively is one major factor that can help get rid of negative energies you may be 'feeding'. I know when you are in the midst of something so stressful that can be hard to do but meditation might be useful, or family outings in nature. These are just minor things I can think of for you to try to bring some positivity into your environment. What I can suggest is maybe try checking out this man's website: trueghost.com or do a quick google search of his name. On his website he has listed his phone number and email, it looks like he is based in New Hampshire but I remember him saying he is willing to travel if someone needs his assistance. I see you have tried a number of things to get rid of this entity plaguing your family and just thought I would give my two cents. Maybe he could help you out? I really hope you can find peace from what you are going through because I cannot imagine having to live with that.: (❤
Jaxxxanator (3 stories) (11 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-08-12)
Hi Karla

Thank you for sharing your story, its definitely an interesting one... It may sound dumb or obvious, or both, but did any of the mediums give you guidance as to why or who the spirit is? None of them communicated with it?. A random thought- is your house REALLY old or built on ancestral ground perhaps? Was there any specific event that would have triggered it to make its presence known now "out of the blue"? An anniversary? An event? A milestone? Anything really that it might have latched onto.
Karla (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-08-10)
Hello to all of you that were kind enough to respond! I am a little confused on what your saying. I do understand that Jesus is the sure bet but we have been praying and praying and friends have had prayer groups and yes it was a catholic priest from my church and even he has more or less given up on us. He blessed the house and my family 5 different times and gave is each confession. Is there a place on this site to add videos? I have a ton of crazy orbs in every room.
Ded3280 (1 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-08-10)
I believe you need to find a pastor to bless the home, rebuke the demon and pray with you. The fact you have brought in reiki practitioners, mediums etc will only make things worse by opening the doors to more bad energies/spirits. The name of jesus and his protection is the only way you will rid the home or your family from this. I assume you go to a catholic church? Find a Christian church. I suffered demonic torment for a long time. The only thing that stopped it was two pastors praying over me. I understand not everyone believes this but it is the truth.
Anno_Domini (3 stories) (167 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-08-01)
Hi Karla,

I'm with Whatsherface91 here... It also seems that you may have approached a church with no prior experience in dealing with these manifestations. You might want to look for another church. Usually more established churches or churches from a larger "family" have more resources to tap on.

Also another observation, there is a possibility that these experiences are a product of a "curse" as all 3 members of your family are tormented by it.

Wishing you the Lord's deliverance.

AD.
Bastet (2 stories) (25 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-07-30)
Hi Karla, I enjoyed reading your story - It's an interesting coincidence that I here just recently shared similar experience *Kitten Ghost* - it's quite similar! I did get a very positive feeling from this manifestation though... It can be that you are just sensitive to otherworldly phonemenon and not that your place is haunted (in an usual interpretatio from horror movies) 😊
Whatsherface91 (1 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-07-29)
Hi Karla it's nice to meet you. So I normally just like to read these stories and don't put in my 2 cents but since you seem desperate and have tried everything I would suggest rebuking it in the name of Jesus Christ. Also try praying more to god and leaving it to him. He wants to take your burdens away but you have to let him and trust him to do so. Don't depend on a priest to bless your house but go to Jesus himself and ask him to bless your house. I know this might receive a lot of criticism and I'm not in any way trying to enforce anything on you... But if nothing else works like you stated then try Jesus Christ and see what happens. Best of luck to you😉

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: