You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Snowy Person

Real Ghost Stories

The Snowy Person

 

*Sorry for Grammatical Errors. English is not my First Language.*

This happened in year 2013. My family is a bit religious and in Hindu religion, family members have to mourn the deceased and have memorial event which lasts for 13 days. The last day is known as the most important day. Because after this day, the deceased goes to afterlife.

This story is about my experience on last day (13th day) of my great-grandmother's death. The funeral was at New Road, Kathmandu, Nepal. I was with my little sister and aunt (my father's cousin) in my great-grandmother's room. There was a photograph of the great-grandma displayed on the table, and a garland of flowers placed on the photograph.

As for me, I was sitting in the sofa which was arranged lining straight to make space. The room is in square shape. I was fasting straight at the door that led to staircase. I was busy in cellphone. My sis and aunt were talking about something that I don't remember.

As I was scrolling on my phone I noticed a white body at the door. When I face up, it was gone. I just thought it was just my imagination and again starting scrolling on my phone. After sometime, I again noticed the same white being standing straight up, just standing there. When I looked up front, there was nothing. Only the staircase that goes up to my uncle's room.

I got frightened and remember my mom said not to stay at the staircase and stay in only one room. So I moved to the next sofa beside my aunt and sat quietly. Cause I got scared.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Rshrestha1223, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

mel8763 (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
4 years ago (2020-02-24)
Rshrestha, welcome to YGS. Your English is fine. I have to agree with Silverthane, on the peripheral vision. I've seen a ghost at my sister in laws house, out of the corner of my eye. I believe you did see your great grandma.
Rshrestha1223 (1 stories) (4 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-02-08)
Lady-glow, well I was only a kid back then and used to get super scared of ghost stories and stuff.
Rshrestha1223 (1 stories) (4 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-02-08)
Silverthane61, now that I think about it. I only saw the shadow indirectly... 🤔
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-02-07)
I read that many haunts are visible only to us out of the corner of our eyes. The sensors that are responsible for our peripheral vision are very light and motion sensitive and are similar to the sensors that control our night vision. This might explain why our peripheral vision often "sees" things that our direct vision cannot. I guess it should be said that just because you cannot see something directly, it doesn't mean that it is not real.
Rshrestha1223 (1 stories) (4 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-02-06)
I think it is believed that the decreased walks on the staircase and we would not* want to block their way...

*error on pervious reply.
Rshrestha1223 (1 stories) (4 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-02-06)
MrsRamsay, I think it is believed that the decreased walks on the staircase and we would want to block their way
MrsRamsay (guest)
+5
4 years ago (2020-02-06)
Hi and welcome! My niece by marriage is from Nepal, what a beautiful country!

Why did your mom warn you to stay away from the staircase? Is there a belief about that in your religion?

The staircase seems significant to me and that's based on: it seems significant to you.

Thank you for sharing your story!
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-02-05)
Welcome to YGS.

Rshrestha.

If you can be sure that the image wasn't a consequence of your eyes getting strained from staring at the phone's screen, it is possible that your G-grandma was paying a last visit to her family and saying her goodbyes before moving to the afterlife.

I find it a bit sad that most people have been taught to be afraid of our dead loved ones instead of thinking about them the way they were but without a physical body. Perhaps your GGM would have been happy to hear a kind word of farewell.

Thanks for sharing this simple though interesting experience.

Your English is good.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: