You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Identical Woman

Real Ghost Stories

Identical Woman

 

This happened to my mom, not me. My mom was going to a restaurant with her buds. As she was about to walk in, she turned her head to the right and saw a woman that looked actually like her. The identical woman turned a block, so my mom followed right behind her. The woman turned into a alley, my mom did the same. But when my mom turned into the same alley, the woman was gone. There was no doors, no hiding place for the woman to hide. And it was a dead end.

My mom hasn't seen her since. I have a feeling that my mom's mother was about to have twins, but the other died. I'm not saying my mom had a sister. We don't think my Grandma was pregnant with twins. But we're not sure what it was. So if someone can please tell me and my mom what it was, that would be great. And I'm not lying. I would like to know what you think it was and tell me. My mom still DOES NOT know what it was. So please tell us...

Emily.

Other hauntings by promghost07

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oregon

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, promghost07, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

promghost07 (6 stories) (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-16)
No,my Mom hadn't been sick after this, but my mom said that she was either 15 or 16 and she broke her back when she was 15. 😐 😕 😲
Emma2008 (4 stories) (110 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-06)
Another option to consider. There are billions of people in the world. What are the chances of running into someone who looks similar to you? Chances are good I think. A friend of a friend of mine once told me that he knew my double, she was living in San Francisco. He said I was the spitting image of this girl he was friend's with. Interesting, but that does not haunt me in the slightest.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-06)
I remember reading that the man who hosted the Twilight Zone, Rod Serling, had a doppleganger experience at an airport. He didn't die after it but did die at the young age of 51 from a heart attack. Don't know if there is any correlation. My grandmother was German but born in this county while her mother came from Germany. My grandmother said her mother had an experience with seeing her double but again I don't think it had any bearing on when she passed. People have found out they had a twin they never knew about by seeing someone who looks just like them. Other people are simply seeing someone that has their features but is not related to them at all. If you see someone that looks like you but they end up disappearing that's probably the true description of a doppleganger. How it relates to us in spirit I'm not sure about. But we do have duality in our nature so guess it's possible.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-05)
I heard of something like this. I heard that this is some kind of poltergeist activity. I'm not sure if I'm on the right track but I heard that this is a trick they can play. If I'm wrong let me know. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2008-05-03)
Oh, no, no, no.
Everyone has a Spiritual Double. Your mother did not see a harbinger of bad news, what she saw was her "twin". Not everyone who sees their twin is doomed, nor does it mean that something bad is about to happen. I would say that your Mother's experience would support that.
My twin worked at a convenience store a few county roads up from the convenience store that I worked at for six years. I would have people come into my place of employment and pick up a conversation that we supposedly had had just a few days ago, but in a separate location.
What I found most interesting about the entire thing was, I worked at a 7-eleven approximately fifteen miles away for five years before moving over to the one just a few roads from her (She worked at our rival chain, Speedway). In the FIRST 7-eleven is when I began hearing about her. When the husband of the owner decided to open his own store in a bit of friendly rivalry, I jumped at the chance to move over with him. Little did I know that I was moving CLOSER to my twin.
Both of us had heard so much about each other in the span of eleven years that we decided to check each other out. Separately, of course.
When I walked into her store, it was like I was looking in a mirror. She was so much like me, that I actually lost my breath for a moment. I bought a pair of gloves, and stared at her.
As she stared at me.
With the initial shock behind us, we both decided that it was as if we were on the movie set of Parent Trap, as did all who witnessed that meeting.
That was, oh, I do not know, probably six years ago. Nothing detrimental came of it. We do not hang out. We do not seem all that drawn together.
Even though it would appear that we WERE "drawn together" by the Great Spirit.
Thank you.
Karyn (1 stories) (63 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-02)
It does sound like your mother saw a Doppelganger, and like jimmyboy92 pointed out, it is not a good omen.
How long ago did this happen?
jimmyboy92 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-02)
There are lots of reports around the world of people seeing their Doppelganger, meaning look-a-like in German, or something like that. It's a bad omen, usually resulting in illness or death (lets hope not). Has your mother become quite ill since the incident?
chingyvang (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-02)
I've never heard of seeing oneself, but in my Asian culture, when you see somebody you know walking away from you and the trail just ends in a dead end, it's bad... But yea I don't know about seeing your own self.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: