You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Little Girl in the Window

Real Ghost Stories

The Little Girl in the Window

 

I was about 13 or 14, and yes odd stuff always happens to me. No one in my family believe in ghosts at all. I went to stay in my cousin's house for two nights, her birthday party was the day after the first night there. Her house was very old, cold, and it was built in the late 19th century. However, I wasn't expecting anything weird to happen, because she has loads of sisters and brothers who were everywhere in the house, but this happened in the early hours of the morning.

When you went up stairs, there is still a window where the other conservatory is built on, but this window has no glass so you can look into it or climb in to the other room, but you don't use it as a door. Well, the room I had to stay in was facing this window.

I fell asleep, and the covers where falling off me when I woke up at around 4:00 in the morning. I couldn't go back to sleep, so I just laid in the bed looking around the room, and outside on the landing. It was pitch black and the only sign of light was from the back yard lantern shining through the glass opposite the window facing me. I didn't even notice her, but she was there all the time as I was awake for about 45 minutes. I knew she was there because I could see her but it never clicked with me. When I came around, I glanced, and then it clicked. Who's that? I thought to myself, standing there, looking at me, was a tiny child looking around 5 or 6. She looked terrified, and she was frozen, pale and her mouth was open and she looked like she was going to break down crying or even scream. As usual, I crawled over the bed to the door and slammed it shut, put the light on, and got my mobile to try and see if my friends where awake, it makes me feel better.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ireland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

purplezebra (1 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-20)
omg I saw a girl like that once but she went away in seconds then I heard screaming... Freaky

😕 😕
BaD (4 stories) (54 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-05-12)
I have to disagree with Sweet, Don't forget about her, I would have done the same thing and called my friends on my cell. Always makes you feel better. But don't forget her, just don't obbsess about her, that is the best thing you can do.
Sweety (guest)
+2
17 years ago (2007-04-09)
I bet it was one of your cousins friends and they just wanted to have a little fun with you. I know how scary it can be to have someone staring right at you and you don't realize it. My brothers will do that to me or some of my friends will be just staring at me.
I remember one time I was at one of my closest friends house for a sleepover. Two of my other closest friends were also at her house. It was about 2:00 in the morning and my one friend and I were sharing the couch. She was almost laying on top of me! But I just left her. I fell asleep for about 8 minutes and when I woke up she was staring right at me! That really starteled me. I was like "Hi, Taylor..." It was so funny.
All I have to say is just forget about it. That is the best thing to do!

DON'T WORRY!
Sweety
nikki (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-03-25)
maybe she just wanted some attention or thought you'd be fun to freak out
Buttons4me (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-02-26)
I told my family and cousins and my godmother, they all thought it was very amusing, but my godmother said, "Orla this house is over 100 years old, but the dead won't hurt you, they just want help"

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: