You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Spooky Situations in Local Sandwich Shop

Real Ghost Stories

Spooky Situations in Local Sandwich Shop

 

I recently started working in a new sandwich store, in a newly renovated building block in my town. The bottom of the block has been turned into shops, while the top has been turned into 'luxury' flats. We are on the end of the block, by the alley, and lately, a few of my co-workers and I have been noticing some odd occurrences.

I always work the 'close' shift, which is usually from about 4 or 5pm until 10:30 or 11pm. There are usually only two of us working on the 'close' and I've gotten to know the few people I close with pretty well in these past few months.

The back area of the store is quite small, and slightly claustrophobic. The back of the store is not visible from the front of the store, and even standing towards the middle of the store, you can't see to the back. There is a back door, which we've all noticed is either opened when no one has opened it, or closed, when someone opened it. Also, recently we've noticed that the door will now also lock/unlock itself.

One night while letting some dishes dry, we had a few containers stacked on top of each other, and while out in the main store, we heard a bang, so we went rushing to the back to find that the containers had fallen off the sink top (there is about a three inch lip on the edge of the sink to keep spillage to a minimum), and had separated- one container towards the back door, the other on the opposite side of the room.

Lately we've noticed a 'watched' feeling when we're back washing the dishes, and also when we are not even in the front of the store... No customers either, the sensor which tells us if there is a customer waiting, will go off a few times.

We've tested to see if possibly a fly or other small insect could set it off, but on throwing small items (like straws, stirrers, and straw wraps) past the sensor, it didn't go off.

Often times when we walk to the back, we'll hear a thud come from inside the fridge or freezer (both walk-in), but none of us have been brave enough to poke our heads in and see what's making the noise.

One of my co-workers and I named it Ben last night (because it's creepy in a passive-aggressive sort of way, like Ben Linus from Lost). We a not sure what could be causing all this. I know that the shop was another store before the building got renovated, but what it was before that I don't know. It's possible though that if it is something, that maybe it was not originally in our shop, but got 'disturbed' when the renovation took place and is now wandering around looking for mischief?

I don't know if it IS something or not, but I am convinced enough to have said goodnight to Ben as I left last night. I don't think he/she is harmful, maybe just bored.

Other hauntings by S_wolfmoon

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, S_wolfmoon, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

funnybubble (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-25)
thank you, well written story, creepy, I really enjoyed that, I hope that,,Ben" will stop bothering you and your colleagues...
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-01)
I liked this story Wolf. It was simple and well written. Thanks for sharring thos story with us. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
shada (1 stories) (26 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-06-30)
That is a great story.

It might be interesting to leave a recorder in the shop overnight, see if anything comes up.

Anywho, keep us updated.
DarknessEmbraced (1 stories) (19 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-06-30)
Thank you for your story. As rhodes68 had mentioned, a newly renovated building tends to agitate anything that might be there. Disturbance to an otherwise quiet spirit's "comfort zone" may provoke them to manifest. Sometimes they don't realize where they are, or they just think you are taking the place from them. Good luck with the situation you have at your store. Thanks again:)
FRAWIN (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2008-06-29)
A very interesting and well written story, thank you wolf for sharing it with us. I enjoyed the simple way in how it was told, not embellished in the least. It seems to me that the ghost or spirit just wishes to be acknowledged, continue telling Ben goodnight and I think you will all get along fine. 😊

FRAWIN
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
+2
16 years ago (2008-06-28)
Great story S_wolfmoon, I enjoyed reading it!

I suppose you might be right about something or someone having been disturbed by the renovations. We hear so many stories about spirits and ghosts not liking new constructions that now I hesitate to renovate my own house! 😊

I'd be very interested in the history of that place-the previous shop and even before that if I were you but...that's just me.

Looking forward to reading more of your experiences.

Welcome!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: