You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Attacked In The Night Asleep

Real Ghost Stories

Attacked In The Night Asleep

 

I have read some of the story about people getting attacked at night and they sound a lot like mine.

So I was 16 years old leaving in New Philadelphia Ohio in a one room apartment with my father. He had the living room and I slept in the bedroom.

So I had my bed placed against the wall no bed frame just a mattress with one window in the room.

After about one month of living there, I got weird vibes all the time when I came home from school alone. It first started when I came home and went in my kitchen: all of the drawers, oven, and fridge were wide open which I thought was very odd.

A few days later I came home and heard a scratching noise in my room. I thought maybe my father was in my room so I went in there. The noise was coming from my closet I opened up my closet and the hangers where moving scratching the closet door. I didn't really think anything of it.

So now one night I was lying down in my bed and I'm a very light sleeper so I was just looking around my room when I saw the shadow of a body on the wall. That had to have been hanging from a rope. I got a little freaked out, but still lay there. Thinking that someone hung themselves in my room but where and how? There was nothing on my ceiling. Plus there were no trees out my window that they could have used.

Then one night I had a horrible dream that I was stuck to my ceiling as if something was holding me against it. Then it started to pull me around out into the living room. I could see my father in my dream trying to yell out for him, but it was as if he could not see or hear me. Then I woke up super sweaty scared out of my wits.

Then again, a few nights in a row something was banging on the inside of my closet. I didn't even really pay any attention to it-one night I even thought it might be a bat. I don't know why, but I did.

Then a month later forgetting about what I saw I went to bed one night and woke up in a way I never want to wake up again. I woke up in the middle of the night around 3:30 with my chest in the air as if someone was pressing on my back then there was a tight grip around my throat all at the same time making me unable to yell for my father. My heart was beating fast and I was sweating very hard, because my body was so hot.

This went on for a good 30 seconds. I could not move a bone in my body or even speak a word. Then I passed out.

I woke up in the morning in pain my whole body was cramped up and my back stung or burned you could say. So I went in the bathroom and looked in the mirror. I had 6 about 2 to 3 inch scars on my back. I freaked out I ran in my bedroom and there was blood on my sheets right where my back was laying. So I pushed my bed against my closet and never moved ever after this. There was still nights I still heard banging in my closet I just closed my eyes and tried to sleep until we moved out a few months later.

That is the end of my story I have only told one person this story before and they stopped talking to me. Also after that I moved out of the apartment down the street. My father still lives there and every time I go home and walk down the same streets I always feel and hear someone right behind me

.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, hydrodrunk, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-06)
-hydrodrunk-

That sounded like something that would be extremely scary. Do you still have the scars? You said that you got the feeling he was hung in the room? Well that could be a possibility maybe it was in the closet area since you heard the most noises in there. It is a good thing that you got out of that apartment. I hope you stay safe in your new place.

-Sydney ❤ 😊 ❤
Ramzey (9 stories) (130 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-04)
Wow. You experienced something that I hope you never experience again. I am sorry this happened to you. I am a paranormal investigator. Things like this scare me though. Seems to me like it was for sure a demon of some sort. Maybe it had came from a Quija board that had been used in the room before you and your dad moved in. I am glad you are not living there now! I have a friend that lived in an apartment and the same kind of things happened to her. She moved out because it freaked her out so bad and she thought it was trying to kill her. Well, her sister needed a place and she rented the apartment. 2 months later, her sister was found dead on the living room sofa with nothing wrong with her. She was in her 20's... Her boyfriend had been staying with her, he came home and found her. 2 weeks later, he is found dead inside the apartment. There was never any evidence of two murders or 2 suicides, but, they had to rule it out as 2 suicides because there was no other leads... I am just glad you got out! That place needs to be vacated and blessed! Take care! And if you ever need help with the paranormal, contact me! You can find my email address under my profile!:)
GhostStoriesRule1 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-03)
this is similar to what happened to my aunt in different way... Maybe just stay calm and if it happens again... Just hit something to get your fathers attention so he can help you ❤ alondra
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-03)
Wow that was freaky. Seeing a hanging mans shadow would be to much for me. I like the fact that you were sceptic at the begining. This helps people to know if there are real things going on in the house or if they are just things caused by normal things. I bet this was the dumbest explanation you ever heard 😆.Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
hydrodrunk (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-02)
Yes there was a basement under the apartments, but you had to get down there through a window outside. It went under all the apartments.

I don't leave there any more, but have wanted to ask the people that live there now if anything odd like this ever happened to them.

TY for comments
rjblaze215 (3 stories) (19 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-02)
hydro I think you are in danger. When you saw someone hung up in your room that meens someone died in your room years ago, maybe even decades. I suggest you change your room, move out, or get a priest to bless that house. But even if those spirits do such a thiong to you, you cannot show fear because fear gives out energy for them to manifest themselves. Say "in the name of god, leave this place/leave me alone".No evil or good spirit can handle such a prayer. And I give you respect for even ignoring them. Ignoring them could make them stop essing with you or it coulkd make them angrier. Even so, do what you have to do to let that spirit know that he does not control anything of you. Its like stading up to a bully 😊.
I wish you luck.
P.S I will tell you where evil spirits usually are.

1.dark places.
2.cluddered messy places.
3.places where a lot of people died in that location or even the spirit themselves.
4.worst of all they are at places wher it is a lot of nasty bad sins commited.
Hope this help I wish you luck! 😊
EVPResearcher (34 stories) (140 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-02)
Yikes! I bet you were scared. I have never had anythig like that happen to me, and I hop I never do. Do you think you blocked it in the closet? Was there another floor below your room?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: