You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Photographs / Videos / EVP :: Evp - Permission

Real Ghost Stories

Evp - Permission

 

Hi everyone. I have another EVP that I would like for you guys to listen to. I know what it says but I would like to get other opinions. Feel free to comment and I will post what I think a few days after it is published on this site.

This recording I did last year (2007). If you have read my other story about "Becky", you will know that I get some pretty good EVP's at my house. This particular recording takes place before the "I Hate You" recording. Maybe a week or two.

Actually, this recording is the reason that I started recording in our house. My 14 year old son does a good job doing EVP work in cemeteries with me in the pitch black night. What I am trying to say is he is not easily spooked. He told me one day, when he is in his bedroom, he hears someone say his name and can find a cold spot by his closet. I told him not to be spooked; I have NEVER had a funny feeling in our house. He told me he was going to record in his room. I told him it was a waste of time but that I would review the audio. He recorded and I reviewed.

Much to my surprise I heard a lady humming! A few days after that I went in to his room with my digital recorder, a cheap Sony, and talked to the occupants. I left the recorder running for 6 or 7 minutes. I turned out the lights, walked outside his room and shut the door. I then lay on the floor outside of his room and played with my infant son. When the time was up, I retrieved the recorder and you will hear what I hear about 3 and a half minutes in to the recording. Can you tell me what she said?

Other hauntings by EVPResearcher

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, EVPResearcher, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-17)
Your video is no longer available just thought to let you know. Thanks for sharing your story. I enjoyed reading it. 😊
JPing (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-17)
The last word definitely sounds like "now" but the rest is too muffled. How do you record these exactly? Would any old recorder work?
sammie (28 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-17)
i heard "you can use your recorder now..." or "you can put your recorder down..."
EVPResearcher (34 stories) (140 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-03)
SPOILER ALERT*****

We understand it to say (with ear-phones)
"you can record it now..."
Sorcha (59 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-03)
Man this are very creepy yet intriguing at the same time! 😁 I hear "put the recorder on"
Thanks again for the awesome EVP 😊 ❤
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-03)
Yeah I can hear it a little but I don't understand it. Maybe its just me. Very scary though. Thanks for sharring this with us. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
DandelionQueen (4 stories) (24 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-02)
EVPResearcher - I hear, "you can record it now", if that makes any sense...?

This is really interesting. Although I believe that I have seen/felt ghosts, I have never actually *heard* one - and the thought of recording one like this scares the pants off me! Do you find it creepy that you have recorded such things in your own home?

Also, do you have a feeling about the gender of this ghost? At first I thought it was a female voice, but then I wasn't so sure...
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-02)
Yes EVPResearcher, I would love if you could send it to me. I have been trying for some time to make out a single word but I had little success.

Thanks
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-02)
wow she/he said "you can put down your recorder now..." wow. I want to try this evp stuff. What kind of technology do you recommend?
frenchpoet (10 stories) (61 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-02)
actually, is he/she saying "you can quit recording now"?

I just listened to it a couple more times, and I really think that may be it...
EVPResearcher (34 stories) (140 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-02)
bette31 - I will keep them coming until you tell me to quit. (lol) some of them that I have are "Creepy" sounding. I think that it is more attributed on how we get the sound. In other words, I don't think their voices sound like we hear them on an EVP. The reason I say this, I have recorded a relative of mine that has passed on. I know it is him due to how he talks. However it does not exactly sound like him. Thanks for the support. Good comments makes all the Dark Nights in a cemetery worth it!

Bob (EVPResearcher)
bette31 (9 stories) (127 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-02)
Once again, thanks for a wonderful EVP. I hear "put down your recorder now". With this EVP, I didn't get the creepy feeling as with some of your other ones. Still great, none the less. Keep em coming and I will keep coming to listen.
frenchpoet (10 stories) (61 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-02)
rhodes68, try using headphones of some kind. You can hear it a lot better. My laptop is brand new and I couldn't hear anything either until I used the ear pieces from my iPod.
EVPResearcher (34 stories) (140 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-02)
rhodes68 - This one is kind of soft. If you have ear phone / buds, try them. It helps. I use buds when reviewing the raw audio. Also, You lose some of the sound quality when you put it on youtube. I can email you a.wav file of this if you would like to hear it...
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-02)
Oh, for crying out loud! I can't hear anything. My pc's going to the trash can,period.
rjblaze215 (3 stories) (19 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-02)
this ghost is smart!. It said you can put your nrecorder down now. It seen your little trick lol
frenchpoet (10 stories) (61 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-02)
I also heard "You can pick up your recorder now", but only after listening to it several times.

Very cool!
ScaredyCat13 (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-02)
Great EVP's! What I thought I heard was "You can pick up your recorder now..." I love your EVP's keep up the great work. Gives me chills everytime!
Dena90 (2 stories) (23 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-02)
Is the voice saying "you can record now"? I think that's what I heard.
Thanks for the EVP
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-02)
Forgot to "delete out" what words? I couldn't make out one word, let alone a phrase.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-02)
Researcher, you forgot to delete the words 😊. Never mind, I wouldn't have been able to make out the phrase exept from "permission"
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-02)
Great EVP Researcher! Once again thanks for the submission.

I hope there are more coming up.
EVPResearcher (34 stories) (140 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-02)
DarknessEmbraced - It is embedded in the story at the bottom. Your security might not let you have access to it...
DarknessEmbraced (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-02)
thanks for the story. I've only been coming to this site for maybe a week now, so I don't know how to find the recording to listen to it, lol. Where do I go?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: