You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Was It My Aunt In The Mirror?

Real Ghost Stories

Was It My Aunt In The Mirror?

 

I recently had an experience that I have a hard time understanding. I had been seeing this figure (the typical black, not a shadow but not solid either, figure) for a few months and thought nothing of it. I could often explain it away but after it had happened too many times to explain away, I would just think 'oh there it is again'. Nothing to worry about, it didn't leave me with any feelings. It had a tendency to hide around corners. It would be walking around a corner in front of me or peeking out from behind a corner of the hallway. I would see it at school, at home, the grocery isle, everywhere. It happened maybe once a week.

I hadn't thought anything of it until a recent experience which was unlike anything I have experienced before. Let me preface this by saying I have only one person in my life who I knew very well who has passed, my aunt. I look very similar to her and we had a lot in common. People had a hard time telling us apart in photographs. I have wanted to meet her again ever since I started seeing spirits. What is the point of putting up with them if I can't see the one person I actually care about? It has been eight years since she died of cancer; I was in the other room when she passed.

I was in the bathroom brushing my hair when I looked into the mirror and saw her. Well, not her exactly, it was me I saw. I couldn't tell if I was looking at myself or my aunt. I stared into the mirror, waiting for my mind to make itself up, but I couldn't decide. I blinked, I looked away, but she was still me when I turned my eyes once again to the mirror. I stood there for a long time, but I didn't know what to do and I was starting to get freaked out, so I left.

I think the shadow and my aunt are connected, but I haven't seen either since the mirror day. Did I miss my chance to contact her? I've never tried to contact someone before, should I try?

Other hauntings by KittyK

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, KittyK, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

kiran5070 (2 stories) (35 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-15)
at first I go with canyouseeme, all other posts are agreed good retelling and keep posting,,,,,,,,,,, 😊

My blessings,
Kiranchandra.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-14)
Hi kittyk sorry for your loss of your aunt I too I lost my daddy you might read was it my daddy smoking. WHen I look at mirror I seen him sometimes cause I look like him his eyesbrows and mouth. Someone you very close with is hard to lose it.
Heavendreamer (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-13)
I do not believe you should try to contact her or any spirit, and this is why. I have come to know for certain that God & Christianity are true. He has revealed Himself to me in a very powerful way & has completely changed my life. I have seen Him do miracles in person, and was healed supernaturally once myself. That being said, there is much more to knowing whether it is God you are experiencing than just miracles, even if they seem to come from Him.

Ok, so to the point.
I have had experiences and contact with supernatural events and entities both before and after becoming a Christian.
Before I became a Christian, I was raised catholic but did not know God, and I did not know that He forbid contact with spirits and other things in the bible. He did it for our protection, which I now understand.

The spirits that show up and manifest in various ways are not ghosts of people who have passed from this life, but fallen angels, evil spirits who rebelled against God and who have dedicated themselves to deceiving humans to lead them away from God & his truths. Though they hate us, or because they hate us, they are often willing to do things to "help" us or to appear to be kind, etc., in order to lure us to believe certain things that are against the Truth of God's word and actual reality.

These fallen angels/demons have abilities we often don't realize. They can "transform" themselves or appear to be whatever they want. In the New Testament, the disciples taught that demons/satan (satan means enemy or adversary) often transform themselves to appear as angels of light (those that are faithful to God & holy) and as servants of righteousness (ie God's servants) They do this in order to deceive.

Also, we read in the Old testament, that Satan was able to affect the weather, using it to kill people and animals, was able to produce sickness etc. We also know from the record, that they can do "magic" including causing sticks to turn into snakes, causing water to turn to blood, etc., they actually were able to mimic many of the same miracles that God did in the account of Pharaoh and the Egyptians who did not want to let God's people free from slavery to them.

They can cause visions, dreams, feelings of fear or peace, etc., and I believe they can even mimic voices of people.

Familiar spirits, are spirits that follow families even down generations, and have knowledge and memory even of "private" conversations we have had. Their knowledge is almost unlimited, though not entirely when it comes to everything we do and say in our lives. They watch us and when the opportunity is right, will sometimes appear as one of our deceased loved ones or friends in order to convince us that other things they say are true, or just to cause us to believe that people don't go to heaven or hell when they die, but sometimes "hang around" on earth and speak to people. God forbid us to contact spirits or to try to contact the dead in order to protect us from these them.

If a spirit were to appear to you, who looked like your Aunt, and sounded like your aunt, and knew things that only your aunt would know, then you would believe it was truly your aunt, and since she would never deceive you, you would believe whatever she told you. But considering the truths of the bible, it would not really be your aunt, but a deceiving spirit.

If you participate in the forbidden practices of contacting spirits, you will likely end up believing lies about our reality and the reality of heaven, hell, God's word (the Bible) etc. Though obviously this is not the only way that happens, it is one way satan and his rebellious angels use.

Also, from personal experience:
I used ouija boards and got involved in seances as a young girl along with my family. It resulted in me having a demon in me that had to be kicked out. I also saw my brother get thrown across a room by a spirit a few minutes after he swore at it after using the ouija board. It was probably the same spirit that spoke through me at a seance we held, though it used a mans voice at the time.

Getting involved in these things is dangerous for us in many ways, physically, spiritually etc.

If you would like to hear more about my experiences, and how God showed me He is real etc., you can view my video channel at
Http://www.myspace.com/heavendreamr

Please feel free to contact me with comments or questions at that website.
Canyouseeme (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-13)
Thats a nice story with it being your aunt if it is.

I think your aunt was just reminding you that shes still there eveb if not in human form.

Entitys pick there moments when your busy or catch you of guard, so I suppose that would be the most likely time to see her again if you do.

The shadow could be her and the shadow hasnt tried to harm you in any way so maybe approaching it or trying to speak to it mite help.

Hope it goes well kittyk

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: