You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Apartment 25

Real Ghost Stories

Apartment 25

 

I had just moved into an apartment with one of my friends. We both have experienced multiple "encounters" from ghosts (or spirits if you will). It started in late October around the 26th of the month.

My roommate and I were at the apartment getting ready for bed when we heard a noise in the living room. It sounded like loud music, we figured it was our other roommate and thought nothing of it. The next night we would hear the same music playing but this time we knew our other roommate was not home. He had gone to spend the weekend with his family.

We both decided to go into the living room and check out the noise. When we walked into the room no one seemed to be in it. Don't mistake this for a neighbor. We had asked the landlord at the apartment complex to tell our neighbors to keep the noise down. She then informed us that the walls are made of a cement structure... Not drywall so there would be no way we could actually hear our neighbors' music.

We then went back later that evening laughing it off thinking it was nothing more than our tired mind playing tricks on us. We got ready for bed as we always do, said goodnight and did our rounds and made sure that all the doors and windows were locked before turning off our lights and going to bed.

I woke up in the middle of the night hearing a strange voice whispering in my ear. I looked around the room realizing no one else was there. Several nights in a row, this would occur.

Every night for about two weeks, as my roommate and I would turn in for the night, we would hear the same music coming from the living room. The music would start at a certain part and then end at another, repeating the same part over and over again. We would wait it out for a few minutes then we would feel a slight presence in the bedroom like someone watching us as we were trying to get ready for bed.

It ended abruptly as it started. One day it was there, and then it was gone. The one thing we would remember of this "spirit" was that it would open our bedroom door, and we could see the silhouette of a young woman walk through our door.

Other hauntings by restlessspirit20

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, restlessspirit20, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-09)
It seems to me what you encountered was a sspirit who happened to pop buy for a little longer. But that doesn't mean what you experienced wasn't scary! Thanks for sharring! I hope to hear from you soon and take care
restlessspirit20 (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-18)
princess123,
Im not sure what the words to the song were. It sounded more like a rock or haevy medal song. It was only loud enough to hear drums and guitar...

Jmak,
We haven't bought anything from an estate sale or flea market. We actually sat done and talked about it. We did recieve a few things from relatives but the people who gave us those items are still alive. So we are actually still in the process of seeing what the building could have been before an apartment complex.

I wondered for a while if it was a dormatory for young girls just like a few of the schools here that are said to be "haunted" I haven't found anything yet but my guess is it was a long time ago so it'll take a while to research.

Thank you all for your help and suggestions. Please continue to provide my roommate and I with tips. ^_^
princess123 (7 stories) (186 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-18)
Hi, can I just ask, do you know when you said the music started in a place and ended in a place, what did the music say, it might be a clue of how the spirit died or what it likes or what it wants you to do or something!

Princess123 x ❤
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-18)
just a thought:
My parents had a problem with random music during the night when they were newlyweds. Turned out it was a radio frequency that was bouncing off some lamp they had?

Anyway: I don't think you have a demon
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-18)
Have you or your roommates done any research to see if someone had passed away in that apartment? Or have any of you bought anything at an estate sale or flea market that the spirits might be attached to? Was the building always an apartment building or was it used for something else and then converted to apartments? I can't wait to read your other experiences, please keep us updated. God bless.
YourLifeBelongs2JesusNeverEvil (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-17)
tell the demon to go to hell in the name of Jesus,

The demon should be gone in a jiffy.

Doesn't matter where they from who they are what they did, all demons belong in hell! Amen

No such thing as human ghost just good spirits and bad spirits, no human souls are left on earth they either go to heaven or hell.
restlessspirit20 (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-17)
Rhodes68,

We do still live in the same apartment. The apartment was only empty for two days before we moved in. This wasn't the first encounter we have had here. It certainly was the nicest of them all. And maybe a week after this one left we got two more in it's place. It's not something new for us. My roommate and I have dealt with this from a very young age.

And thank you all for your feedback ❤
JessicaWishon1989 (6 stories) (57 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-17)
Hmm... I would hear things, and like you, the first few times It happened I brushed it off... Not thinking anything of it! However, when you start seeing things, feeling things or what may have you, is when you should start worrying on whether or not this "SPIRIT" is evil, good or lost! The next time it happends, though ghost are some what like a shark, if you see one your first reaction is to run, hide and just freak out! But try not to! Try to communicate and let the spirit know who you and your mates are... And let them be aware that if they are thinking your someone of there past while they were alive, that you are someone that they have never met in life, and now that you two have met in they're death, that it was nice to see them, and that you can help them... But its not nice to scare you, how your wishes are if they were going to stay there in your apartment, that they can not scare you... Or if you want them to leave you home... Tell them that you want them to go! In a nice way, if they are of non evil decent, they will respect your wishes, once they know who you are!

Good luck, and prayers! 😉

❤ ❤ Jessica
Shiva (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-17)
An interesting occurance.

Its all good as no harm was done. As for the
Spirit, I believe it was a trapped entity.

Was with apartment empty for a long time before you took it or is there any local story about the place?

I guess you might find out something if you do a research about it.

Godspeed S.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-17)
Although cement structures are not "sound proof" I have to agree with you that this was definitely not your neighbor. The voices in your house and the apparition cannot be blamed on the neighbor!

Since it abruptly stopped then most likely that was a "drifting spirit" trying to attract your attention. I do think it was intelligent haunt since the "young man's" apparition watched you while you were asleep...unless, what he saw was not really you two but whoever or whatever "occupied" the same space but at a different time frame.

If it IS a residual haunt though as the second assumption points, it would be very difficult to get rid of it and almost nothing you can do about it.

I was wondering, are you still living in that house? How long has it been since the last experience?

Thank you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: