You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Antique Haunting

Real Ghost Stories

Antique Haunting

 

Hey! I would just like to start by putting out the history of the house where the incidents have taken place.

The house was built in 1892, and was build next door to an area known to be a spot where aboriginals were taken and killed, either through hanging, being shot or just as often torture. The home is on a hill and at least 10km away from any other properties. It's a Victorian home, with old style ventilation and thin walls. There are 4 bedrooms 3 bathrooms, basement and attic. The people living in the home were me (Mitchell was 14 at the time) my sister (Mary 17) my brother (Tom 5) and our parents.

When we first moved into the house, we thought it was perfect-it was large, roomy and had no neighbors close by. The realtor, while showing us around the home, had informed us in a joking manner, that apparently former residents had heard gunshots at night and had thought they had heard people crying outside.

So we moved in about 2 years ago, and at first nothing happened (for about a month). Then we started to hear muffled screams and cries coming from the field behind the house. This freaked us out at first but after a while we got used to it.

We owned a local antique store in the town not too far away (20km), which deals in old furniture and jewellery. But 1 month we got a bunch of aboriginal antiques given to us with spear heads made of stone, necklaces and a small wooden item (about 3 months ago).

My mum thought the necklace looked interesting and decided to keep it, but after she bought it home we have been hearing things we would rather have not. It started with angry voices in the vents, items being moved and has recently evolved into banging on the walls and 1 time what sounded like rain on the roof (the roof is made of tin) when it wasn't raining, and this morning my mum ran into the house after seeing large black men standing on the field behind the house.

Please help us we have taken the necklace and buried it in the field to try to please them and nothing has happened (we buried it 3 weeks ago) and they are still doing what they were doing before. Please help us-what should we do?

(My mum said the men seemed to be naked with only a dark piece of cloth or animal skin covering then up)

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lightntangy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

blackness (10 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-31)
Hi litentangy where ever you got the jewellery take it back it probably was a possession of a deceased Koori, there is an old story of people taking things from scared places, they have been haunted some have fallen ill and died unless you can return it to its proper place and give it peace
ChristineNicole (16 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-06)
And I have just realized that someone before me had already suggested the smoking ceremony. Also that this story is pretty old, so I hope everything worked out for you:)
ChristineNicole (16 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-06)
When a member of an aboriginal community dies, the community will leave that area, for example nowadays if an aboriginal person were to die in a house, the family members/friends would leave that house and never return because they are very spiritual and believe that the spirit of that person will always be there. They also destroy all the personal/physical possessions of that person, and once a person has passed away they will no longer speak their name or give that name to any other person in the community, and while I don't know if it is still a current tradition with all aboriginal people, if you lived in the community with someone who passed away and you shared the same name, you would change your name out of respect/mourning for that person. Aboriginal people also believe that spirits have the ability to visit people to harm them or to warn them of coming danger and because of their belief in the spirits of deceased people there was a lot of ritual and care taken when they buried or cremated people. If the land you live on was indeed used as a place to kill and torture aboriginal people, I doubt that their family members were able to ensure that their spirits moved on to the place they were meant to be. I suggest that you destroy the necklace out of respect for their belief system perhaps by burning (cremating) it. There is another ritual that I remember reading about a few years ago but I wasn't able to find where I read it again. But basically it involved burning leaves (I think gum leaves) in the house and allowing the smoke to fill every inch of every room of the house. Maybe if you do find an aboriginal elder from the area who is willing to help you you could ask him or her more about it. It is very sad that so many horrible things have happened between white Australians and the Aboriginal/ Torres straight islander people in Australia's short history. A very sad story, good luck With everything.
MissHill (6 stories) (67 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-07)
Yes I think you defiantly don't need our help you need Aboriginal help.
auskid91 (2 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-01-30)
Hey.
As an Indigenous Australian my best bet would be to go to one of the Aboriginal elders in your community & they could do a smoking ceremony. We do that to set the spirits free & I'm guessing there's a lot of left spirits on your property.
Also talk to the elders about the antiques handed over to you they might want it given back or they may even want to burn iit.
I'm not sure.
I hope that helps.
😁
AussieRedDog (25 stories) (82 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-14)
sorry about my mistakes. I'm typing with one finger at the moment. One finger is badly cut... I meant to say Border Ranges and the spear was a hunting spear... Sorry 😊
AussieRedDog (25 stories) (82 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-02-14)
Hand it back to the local indigenous tribe. It belong to their ancestors. Take it from me. I once owned a spear, it was given to me by an old freind of the family. It still had the orignal Kangaroo felt on it. He found it in the local forest (The Boder Ranges). It also had markings scratched on it. We had it for years but one day it just simply vanished into thin air 😨. I always believe that the spirits of the local tribe got it and took it away. I was offered money by the muesum in Brisbane for it but it's gone now... Hand the necklace back. That's my advice!
ghostreader1000 (34 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-01)
Treasureseeker,
I feel I can answer your questions.

Question 1.well that is a yes and no to both the temp sometimes does not change quickly when a spirit is present sometimes it cools down gradually other times it drops like a rock
The same goes with a spirit leaving the temp can rise quickly or rise gradually

Question 2 that is also a yes and no if a spirit puts off low vibs then yes you could have missed several but that depends on the vibes

Question 3.That question is a yes it does kind of matter digital ones are the best to use I havealways used them and they work good for me

Question 4. For that one well you would want the base tep to be kind of the same as the rest of the room I always check up near the ceiling down in the middle and then at the base if the temp is different than the rest of the room it can throw your reading off. Just a little but not alot

Question 5. For this one I would go to a warm room in the house that has the most activity and take readings from there work you way around the house to other rooms that have had various activity and take readings yes you can cover the vent but if it is cold outside and the room temp drops cause of the cool air outside then you may or may not get a good reading.

I hope I was helpful in some way
God Bless
treasureseekers (2 stories) (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-28)
Ok, I have a few questions to both the poster & the other experienced users here...

When it comes to temperature readings, isn't recording only once an hour not fast enough? Usually if a spirit is present, the temperature will drop quickly & just as quickly, once the spirit leaves, the temperature rises just as quickly?

So within that 1 hour, you could have missed a ton of spiritual visitations?

Also, does it matter what type of thermometer is used? I hear that the digital ones are the best, since you see the changes right away?

Getting a base temperature reading is always ideal, that way, you have something to compare it to, should the temperature stars dropping or raising dramatically.

For the vent in the laundry room, since it has an air floor to the outdoors, there will always be an air flow, regardless if the ac is on or not. Best bet is to cover it up securely & check again for drafts that might interfere with the base temperature readings?
lightntangy (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-28)
hi everyone.

Yesterday morning, me and my brother placed wireless microphones, and thermometers around the house (placing them on the top of bookcases and near the vents). We recorded tempurature every hour and haven't checked the audio yet.

Il put up the temp results up here now.

start hr1 hr2 hr3 hr4 hr5 hr6
Bedrm1 26 28 30 35 34 33 30
Bedrm2 27 29 29 33 33 32 30
Vent1 29 33 28 34 30 28 29
(note vent 1 is in the laundry with a large window/door which faces the field where the men have been seen)
Vent2 28 32 33 34 31 29 29
Living 30 31 34 32 30 28 27

Note I live in a town called derby in Western Australia and the temp on the day reached 39 outside.

We found it interesting that the tempurature dropped in the laundry near the vent. (the vent in in the corner of the room near the window with a varrandah outside. What could the tempurature change have been caused by. No laundry was done and we don't have aircon yet.

We have got hold of an Aboriginal eldar who referred to himself as Karadji. And said he was a side passage to the dreamtime, and then went onto inform us that aboriginals believe that everyone possesses a small amount of power, because everyone was a part of the dreamtime. He said that he will be able to come in a week so, we hope it works.
maidalomas (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-28)
ok.
Listen.
Something similar happened to my mothers friends. They took some sand from Uluru, and then Aborginals appeared to them in their dreams and in their house - demanding back the sand!

You must understand, that you have to make peace with the spirits. They believe that you have no respect for them, and that you are trespassing on their property. Personally what I would do... And only do this if it is what you think is best - but I would get all the other family members who live with me in the house and have us walk outside together in the early evening. Physically call these aboriginals, and ask them to come and speak and make peace with you. Say that you are sorry for hurt that your ancestors have caused, and that you do not follow in their footsteps. You wish to respect them. Or - you could just do this yourself, if you have the courage. I know I would.
You must remember - that nothing can hurt you. You do not want conflict with these spirits.
Tell them to go to the Light.
Also - these aboriginal artifacts etc. Bring them with you. Go walking as far as you can to the 'scream place' and at the end, once you have taken a sufficient amount of time to tell the spirits your message, leave them as an offering. Also leave something you have made.

If this does not work - then take a different approach (even though I doubt it will not work)
Whenever you hear screams, go outside and scream as loud as you can, mean it from your heart
"I command you to go away, leave us alone, and do not come back!"

Keep in mind - these spirits do not mean you harm. THey have suffered greatly.

Just another word - where in australia are you? I am in melbourne. If youre anywhere nearby, I'd be happy to come and do this for you.

Incidentally, with the story about the people who took the sand - the wife in the couple actually focused at night in bed one night and sent out feelers to the spirits saying she and her husband meant no harm, and if they could keep the sand and remember ot honor the aboriginal ancestors. They were never bothered again.

My phone number is 0400645010... If a man answers, (probably my father or husband, just say you have the wrong number lol)
Or just email me
Maidalomas [at] yahoo.com.au
Dont hesitate to contact me. I have seen so many spirits and entities its not funny. I know how to deal with them.
ghostreader1000 (34 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-27)
Look up on the internet for the tribes you speak of most of them esp the witch doctors strongly believe in black magic. Contact a tribe leader see if there is a witch doctor on hand he may be able bless the house hope all goes well. One more thing to think about most tribes are very protective of their land any items brought on their land that is not from their race is said to have great impact on their gods and spirits. You might want to look into getting rid of the items you have been given

Hope all goes well
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-27)
Perhaps you could find the person who sold it to you or seek help from one of the aboriginal tribal leaders. It seems to have started up when you brought it home... Maybe dig it up and take it back to the shop for now. I hope all goes well.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-27)
If there are energies attached to the objects in question then I think that is a very likely possibility.

Was the necklace the only item brought home from the store?

Did you just dig a hole in the ground and cover the necklace over? Or did you say some sort of prayer as you did so?

I agree with MunstersBabe, if anyone can help it should be the tribal elders. Please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
lightntangy (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-27)
one question can a residual haunting be amplified by placing objects from the same era or people onto the property. I'm asking this because as soon as the necklace was bought home things got a lot more active.
lightntangy (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-27)
no moving is not an option at this point, yet I wish it was 😭. And thanks to MunstersBabe we are trying to contact an aboriginal leader.

We are planting recorders all through the house later on and if we capture any sounds would it be ok for me to post them on this site for help from everyone. And no we do not have any of the objects on the property except for the necklace which is now burries in the middle of the field.
Kecoughtan (1 stories) (211 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-01-26)
Lightntangy, are the other artifacts still in your house? If so, I would return those to the antique store. If it were me, I think I would try walking through the field and talking with the land and those people who have lived and died there. Introduce yourself, tell them who you are, and tell them you don't understand why these things are happening. And, I really like MunsterBabe's suggestion. If you cannot cope with the sounds from the field, I would search out an indigenous leader and ask for advice.
MunstersBabe (10 stories) (32 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-01-26)
I have heard many stories of ghosts being attached to objects. Are there any kind of spiritual leaders in the Aborigininal tribes? Perhaps they can direct you and help you deal with these upset spirits.

Also, I wouldn't worry too much about the road. Just make sure that you and your family do some kind of cleansing and protection of yourselves and your house. Maybe that will keep those spirits at bay.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-26)
Wow, sounds like some serious negative energy in that place. There's bound to be a level of negativity wherever murders and especially torture took place.

Nonetheless, most of it seems like residual hauntings rather than intelligent ones. It doesn't sound like anything is actually trying to communicate with you. If you could, I would say try putting a voice recorder near the vents and see if you hear anything when you play them back. If you do, you can provide them to an investigation team (if your family's willing to go that route) as evidence of the activity. If the activity continues on, I would recommend having the house--or even the entire property--cleansed. I don't think there's much you can do about the road itself except to attempt an area cleansing, but that level of negativity is going to take a while to get rid of. It needs to be dispersed.

I really hope this helps you in some way.

Blessings,
DA
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-26)
I'm sorry that I am of no help to you.
But I feel for you and your family. Is moving an option?
lightntangy (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-26)
well, last time I helped out in the store a elderly lady came in and said she wouldn't use the road past our home, as years ago she had heard screams all the way down the road as if they were following the car. That's the only other person I have spoken to who has mentioned anything possible related. But our animals (dogs and 2 horses) get restless when we lead them their.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-26)
wow...
It sounds like you may be far from any neighbors, but perhaps someone else has heard/seen things.

I'm assuming "locals" would come into the antique shop. Would they know anything?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: