You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: Haunted Antique Coat Rack 2

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Antique Coat Rack 2

 

Today, Sunday, August 3, 2008 Amber called me. She was out of town from Friday night to early afternoon Sunday. She called me right after she got in. I asked her how her little trip was and she said fine. She went to pick her kids up in Forest, Ontario where her mom has a summer home.

She asked me if I wanted to go over and I told her only for a little bit because Will and I had plans for dinner. She said to me "Judy, I have to tell you something about the coat rack. It is very weird". I said ok, I won't be long wait 'til I get there. I thought to myself, I hope nothing bad happened because I knew what came with this coat rack and it was pretty eerie.

I picked up a couple of coffees and went over to Amber's. We sat down in her living room and I said, what in the heck happened now with that coat rack. What did it do? Amber looked at me and said I don't know Judy; it's very weird and strange. She said that she left the coat rack in her vehicle for the night on Thursday so she could take it to her place of work the next morning.

She picked it up to take into the store and noticed that one of the claws for the coats was missing. She went back to her vehicle (a minivan) and found the claw on the floor. She didn't find the screws in the same place.

I said "What? You got to be kidding..." She said "no, it was weird, and how can the screws come out like that when they were tight?" I said "I don't know, that is weird". I thought to myself, how can this happen when they were all tight. There was nothing wrong with this coat rack. Sure it was an antique, but something like this to happen? This was definitely a little bit strange.

I told Amber that all of the screws were tight because when I took it home, I checked them over, they really didn't need to be tightened and I told her Will checked them over too. I told her I oiled it to make the wood look nice and had a little screw driver checking over the screws (there were 2 in each), but they were all pretty tight in place. I said to Amber, maybe it did this on purpose because it was upset I got rid of it. She didn't say anything.

How can screws pop out like that? Did this presence on the coat rack do this?

I said to her "I am so glad not to have it around any longer. It has been very peaceful and relaxing once again in my house. I know now there was something wrong with it..." She said "I know and said how it can lose one of its claws like that and the screws popping out?" "How can that be, come on". I told her I don't have any answers, I didn't know. She said, "I believe this coat rack definitely has a ghost attached to it". "What piece of furniture does this?" She couldn't believe it.

For sure now, I am happy I got rid of it. I think I would have freaked out a bit if the screws popped out and the claw fell on the floor at my house. That really would have been scary considering the noises coming with it.

It was already creepy enough what happened when I brought it home. The noises it made were enough to think you were going a little bit crazy and then on top of it, to travel through to another room? Now I feel a little better about this because I know it had to have a ghost or spirit attached to it.

It was standing near the front entrance of this Antique Mall looking very, very pretty and nice looking. It sort of stood out from the rest of the furniture because it was pretty tall. I am sorry I didn't take a picture of it to show everyone what it looked like and maybe could have seen something in the picture.

I think I know the piercing noise it made now. It was loosening the screws for some reason. How can it do that? Isn't it crazy when you think about it? I think it is. When I think about it now it really gives me the creeps.

Thanks for reading about this coat rack (again)! If anything else comes up in the future, I will definitely let you know.

Other hauntings by lilblackpom

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lilblackpom, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-23)
Hi lilblackpom I really liked the haunted coat rack stories. Please post #3 I would love to read about it. Oh yes objects can be haunted. I think a haunted coat rack is really unusual though. I have a few haunted dolls but they are in a different state at the moment because of all the moving around I have done. I have seen some facial expressions change, eyes blink, talking, apparations, and other strange things with the dolls being around. They didn't scare me or make me uncomfortable however sometimes I would have to put a pillow over my head at night (the dolls were in my bedroom) just so I could go to sleep because of talking and weird noises they would make to get my attention. Oh and they would move things around sometimes. This did not happen all the time though just every once in awhile not as crazy as the coat rack you described! If it made you uncomfortable it is a good thing that you got rid of it, you should always go with your gut feelings on things.

-Sydney ❤ 😊 ❤
lilblackpom (13 stories) (218 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-24)
Hi Brownie. I know it freaked me out alright! I never ever thought about this when shopping for an antique. Of all the things for me to pick out! That's what my brother and girlfriend say to this day too. I have to admit that there is still a 3rd part I will be writing about this darn thing! From speaking with Amber, she told me a few more things. Talk with you after, Jude
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-24)
Wow, I thought part one of the coat rack was freaky, this has it beat. I am glad you were lucky enough to get it out of your house. ❤
lilblackpom (13 stories) (218 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-06)
Hi ChrisB and thanks for reading another story of mine. This coat rack really freaked me out and I am so happy its not here anymore. It gave a heavy feeling in the air too, an uneasy feeling is better put. It's a wonder my little dog didn't hardly move from the livingroom couch. She had a first row seat to see what this thing was doing! The only thing is now, Amber said yesterday that she can't find the screws that popped out. I didn't know this until yesterday. Very weird. They were tight because I know and my husband knew too. That's the only new development. Hope to hear from you soon and take care of yourself. 😨
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-06)
Wow another great story. Thank you for sharring it with us. I realy did like it. Like I said before, spirits can be attached to objescts. This story is a good example of it. I hope to hear from youy soon and take care
lilblackpom (13 stories) (218 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-05)
Hello Jasmin and Karyn. Thank you very much for reading my story. It just makes me a little disappointed that I wasn't "smart enough" to take a picture of this coat rack. I should have because I am almost positive something would have shown up. Creepy.
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-05)
Yes, I also believe that there is something attached to the coatrack. I really wish you would take pictures! That is really creepy. I really believe that you may get to take a picture of this entity if you tried.
Karyn (1 stories) (63 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-05)
I reiterate my comment from the first story! These things do happen and are real. Wood is a natural conduit. Therefore energy can attach and impress itself unto it!
lilblackpom (13 stories) (218 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-05)
Hi rhodes and Frawin. Yes, I am kind of disappointed on my part that I didn't take a picture of this coat rack. I thought about it after the fact. On finding out what caused the noises, it was such a piercing noise that lasted so long it seemed. I guess that is what it was doing all along, pushing the screws out. WHAT? That's too creepy for me. Like I said, this must be the year for ghost activity with me. It is kind of creeping me out.

Thank you for your comments again, J 😲
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-05)
Yes, I agree with FRAWIN, too bad you didn't get any pictures although I can understand your hesitation.

The revelation about what caused the noise was one of the scariest parts of the story-so chilling! I'm always apprehensive of spirits that choose particularly disturbing sounds to make their presence known and even more, of spirits that have enough energy to manipulate physical objects.

I cannot say this is a residual haunt with certainty but I'd sure like to know of anything else that takes place.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-04)
Hello lilblackpom. Well at least now you know what the noise was that it was making. Too bad that you didn't take pictures of it, I'd be willing to be that something would have showed up.
Thank you for sharing your story with us. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-04)
Thanks Judy, no problem. If ever you want to visit about any of these issues, I can be reached at kimmb [at] cdhcmedical.com.

Let me know if you read the story with the chair in it.

God Bless!
lilblackpom (13 stories) (218 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-04)
Hi Kim! Can you believe that? I couldn't. Thanks for your help on this story. I didn't even think about looking at your story my cousin and the ouijia board. I was looking for a "rocking chair" title. Take care of yourself, Judy 😨
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-04)
Judy,
WOW! Another great story and, yes, I agree. There was definitely something attached to that coat rack.

The rocking chair I was referring to is in my story ' My Cousin and the Ouijia Board'.

Thanks again!
God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: