You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: My Angel

Real Ghost Stories

My Angel

 

From a very early age I have been terrified of the dark, not because of the things I can't see, but of the things I can see. Forms of humans and creatures sitting in the shadows, forms of faces sitting so clearly at the end of my bed waiting for me to fall asleep. I had always assumed that most young children experienced these images due to the mind playing tricks on you but one particular night changed this belief. It maybe that what we think is just figures of our imaginations, are actually real.

The first time I experienced a ghostly encounter was several years ago in 2002, when I was eleven. My family and I were living in a small log cabin house in Sarnia, QLD. We lived in the house for over 2 years. It was in the fourth month in which I came to believe that the house contained some form of ghost or spiritual energy.

It was late at night around 10 or 11 pm. I was trying to sleep but wasn't getting far with my attempts. I decided to turn my light on and see if I could fall asleep that way. When I had covered myself with my blankets I turned on to my right side, which faces the door to try to help me sleep. I had been looking at the door for about 10 minutes when a female figure stood at the door way. Originally I thought that it was my mum, but then I realized she was wearing some weird 1800's dress and while she appeared to be solid she had a weird tinge of red overall on her body. Before giving me a minute to figure out who she was she turned my light off and started to hover/glide towards me. Just before reaching my bed I noticed that she was glaring at me. She made me feel uncomfortable, like I couldn't trust her. Before I got a chance to scream she disappeared quicker than she appeared. About a minute after she disappeared, a man also dressed like he was from the 18oo's appeared. Unlike her he had a strange white like glow around him, and I had a weird sense of safety and protection. Just before he vanished he turned my light back on and smiled at me.

This went on for months afterwards this strange game of cat and mouse carried on each night he got rid of her faster and each night he came closer to me. The last time I saw them he sat at my bed and smiled at me. He made me feel like somehow everything was going to be ok and then he left. I am not sure why I saw him then and why I can't see him now but I can feel his presence with me all the time. Sometimes I can feel him touching my shoulder or my back. Whoever he is or was I like to think of him as my guardian angel.

For years I have tried to learn about who he is and what he is but nobody seems to help me.

If anyone believe they know please don't be afraid to contact me.

Other hauntings by Miss_laura

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Miss_laura, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

miri_chan (6 stories) (69 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-04-05)
That sounds sweet ^^ Try doing some background research on the house? Look up who used to live there, especially in the 1800's if that's how they were dressed. You're lucky to have a gaurdian angel ^^
Sometimes I think my papa (my grandfather) watches over me but he comes in the form of a bird. Its strange but I'm not so sure if its him, haaha.
Anyhow, good luck trying to find out about your angel!
libertybelle (14 stories) (207 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-04-03)
Well, Miss Laura, speaking from the heights of wisdom (lol) of one old enough to be your grandmother, I got the definite impression of someone or something VERY good. In my mind I could almost hear him saying something like, "Don't worry, dearie, I'll see you're safe"--kind of like a father or uncle would to a favorite child.

I find myself wondering, though, if he has some connection to the woman in the reddish coverall (please forgive my ignorance of Australian vernacular, but isn't that something like an apron?) --kind of a good man married to perhaps a not-so-good woman who disliked children. From your description she sure didn't seem to be the nurturing type!

Peace, Love, and Joy!

❤ ❤ ❤
ChocolateDream (1 stories) (4 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-04-03)
Yeahh...Thats such a sweet story, I'm 14 and I too, am afraid of the dark, something about it is just unnerving. I'm glad you have your angel to protect you... Who knows what may have happened otherwise... I wonder if I have a gaurdian angel...:/
Purr441 (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-01)
aw I am still scared of the dark and I am 14 years old for that same reason though, Good Luck
Miss_laura (9 stories) (60 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-02-28)
Perd thank - you for commenting. I do feel her around but it is usually when I'm in the dark or at home alone.

I would like to speak with him but do not know how I should approach it. What I do know is that when he is around I feel very safe so he is always welecome around.

I saw him yesterday when I was looking in me mirror. It was a very faint outlook but I could tell it was him.
Perd (28 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-02-27)
My assumptions would be that there was an unsettled female spirit in the house you previously lived in. She could have had it out for you, thought you were her daughter, thought you as an intruder in her home, or many other things... And the male spirit is simply one of your many angels/spirit guides...

You saw a red tint around her which did not necessarily mean she was evil, but perhaps her intentions were not pure. Have you seen or felt her since the times you spent in the house?...

As for the gentlemen you saw and feel still, since he is so strong a presence have you ever bothered to try and speak with him?...ask him his name and what he is there for?...you don't sound like you're afraid of him, why not get to know him! 😁
Miss_laura (9 stories) (60 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-26)
Thank you for replying back. This is an interesting veiw you have blank. Maybe I should learn more about the houses history?

Thank you all for your helpful insight.
blank (8 stories) (110 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-02-26)
Hey thanks for posting this, the one thing that came directly into my head is the colors you were referring too. The not so good women had a red tint and the good kind of guy with white glow. This is the traditional differentiation of the good and the bad angel. Anyways I think both are not trying to harm you, but going on with a conflict with you in between. Previously it would have been someone else who stayed there. Whatever happens don't show much interest in it until you figure out what it is exactly. I'll try to post more info if you would need.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-02-25)
tonith is right about him may be a guardian angel/spirit guide You should be glad about that and the lady in the 1800's style sound like a evils/devil Like as angel and devil and I am glad things are well for you and please always pray if she is there have this man angel come quick.

Blessed DG
Miss_laura (9 stories) (60 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-02-25)
Tonith, Thank you for replying. I have always felt the pressence of something watching over me from my very first memory. Although this time was the first time I had seen him face to face. I have asked many of my friends and family about them and they seem to believe that him coming to me was due to be molested around the same time. They have said maybe he was there to protect my innocents. I know he is still around me because in times where I am truely worried or scared I get a relief of calm.
Tonith (1136 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-02-25)
It could have been as simple as 2 spirits inhabiting the same space. One good and one not so good. Maybe when you left that house it left with you. Had you had this presence before you lived in that house I would say maybe something like a guardian angel/spirit guide could be the explanation. Whatever it was attached itself to you. Be glad it's a good presence. I think when people grow up being sensitive with no emotional support it is very hard on them. This is something many kids couldn't explain to parents and be believed.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: