You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: My Ouija Board Experiences

Real Ghost Stories

My Ouija Board Experiences

 

To start off, I'm 14 years old. I'm from the Harrisburg area of Pennsylvania and have been pretty much my whole life. Soon after my 14th birthday, in October, I developed an interest into Ouija boards and the paranormal all together.

For a while I was only interested out of curiosity. As I looked more into, and read others experiences (good and bad) I had the urge to play and experience it for myself.

I was kind of embarrassed that I was so interested in something that seemed so out of the ordinary, and decided to make my own Ouija board. I would attempt to use it myself, and it wouldn't work. So, I finally asked my mother if I could purchase the "Glow in the Dark" Ouija board from Spencers gifts, surprisingly she agreed. I decided I wanted to buy one because I assumed the homemade board didn't work because it was homemade.

I did end up taking it to a friends house and playing it for the first time there. The experience wasn't at all what I imagine. It was boring! I was kind of disappointed and kind of forgot actually using, and decided in looking into its history and more about it for a more exciting experience the next time.

A few weeks later, I slept at another friends house. I brought my board. We waited a while before playing so we could get the ultimate "spook factor". My two friends and I started playing around 3:00 AM. We contacted a spirit, that didn't go by any name at all. I knew this was bad, but I really wanted to experience something great so I ignored this and didn't say anything.

We talked to this spirit for well over an hour and a half. It seemed really nice, told us we were pretty, and funny. Of course, not knowing as much now, I believed it. We gave this spirit too much trust, especially for how little we talked to it. We asked it if it would like to ask US something. It quickly moved to, yes. Then very quickly spelled out "Get f***ed". I quickly moved the planchette to goodbye. Explaining to my friend how it was a demon, and that if I wouldn't have moved it to goodbye we could have risked much danger.

In between that time and the time in my next experience, I attempted to use it again by myself, then gave up. I knew I just can't, and I shouldn't do so anyway.

About a month or so after, I slept at yet another friend's house and brought the board with again. Her mother was telling us how she also played the Ouija board at a sleep over when she was young, and was tormented by a little girl spirit. She explained to us that the little girl would be in her dreams, and stand over her while she was in her bed at night. We ignored this and played anyway.

It took us about ten or fifteen minutes to finally contact a spirit. We got the name Penelope. Obviously a female spirit. She told us she was six years old and died in a car crash sometime in the late 1800's. We were a little confused by this because we weren't completely sure if cars where even invented then.

We continued. We asked a bunch of questions and then I finally blurted out "touch me!" it quickly spelled out "OK". At the last minute I changed my mind. However, I asked it to tell us how it would physically show us that it was here. It spelled out "Light up October's phone". Me and my friend watched for about 15 seconds before amazingly seeing my phone light up all by itself.

As you would guess we were frightened, but kept going. Eventually we just took a break. Then later contacted my friends grandpa, and an old classmate. (So they said, anyway.)

Only a month- if that, ago a bunch of my friends came over and we played the Ouija board. A lot. For about the next week. Everyday, it was like we were all addicted to it. I finally felt good being able to play it and not be embarrassed about that fact I know so much about it.

We always got demonic spirits, you could tell. They would spell out curse words, and try to make us do "things" with each other. I knew not to continue talking to demons, but continued. We were having fun, I didn't want to spoil that.

Me and my friend, the one with the mother that was haunted, played again at her house. We contacted a spirit named Sara. I don't really remember much about Sara though. I do, however, remember her being very angry, and seeming very violent. In fact, she was. The planchette would move so fast through the board I didn't even realize it spelled out "f**k you", I thought it was spelling random letters. Then it just started move insanely around the board very fast, and I mean very. We almost couldn't keep up with it and sometimes it would move by itself when our hands couldn't keep up.

There was, and still is scratches in my board from Sara. Being able to remember exactly where they are and from what she was spelling out.

After this experience, me and a bunch of my friends got together again and played in my house. We contacted the spirit named Paul. This is a very important spirit because I believe he plays a very big role in these experiences. Paul was hilarious, he knew all our inside jokes, and things like that, and it was like another teenager was in the room. I couldn't see or feel any bad in him. Then he claimed that he's inside of my friend Becca. He also said he was in love with her. He lives with her, followers her, watches her sleep etc. He also claimed that he was inside of her, and she was born with him inside of her. He would get very jealous if her boyfriend would touch her in any way.

Kind of wierded out we closed the session and left to hang out somewhere.

The following days things started happening. Tension grew between Becca and another friend of mine. The other friend of mine, Maddie, who was also present during most of these sessions. She claimed she felt evil surrounding her at all times, and if it wouldn't go away it would kill her. She was told by some boy (who we still don't know, but her) said that the evil is coming from a spirit inside Becca. Strange, Paul said he was inside Becca.

This mysterious boy gave Maddie 3 choices. Get rid of the board, stop talking to Becca, or die.

With my permission I allowed to go with them both to burry the board. I didn't really want to, but I knew this was important to my friend.

When we went out to finish these problems, we decided not too. (Even if we would've buried it, me and Becca were going to dig it up without Maddie knowing.)

Me and Becca went over to Maddie's house to play again and see if we could contact this spirit that was plaguing Maddie so much. Maddie refused to play, and left. Allowing us to use the board. We asked the board who was tormenting Maddie, it distinctively spelled out P-A-U-L. Me and Becca looked at each other in disbelief.

We asked if Maddie was telling us the truth, yes it replied. It then spelled out danger, or something else to that nature. We asked "what about danger?". Then it quickly spelled out Maddie. We then asked if Maddie was in danger and it moved to Yes. Then little after spelled out "fall".

We didn't know where Maddie had gone, and we were scared for her. Becca then looked up and saw a white outline of a person. We asked the board "did you just walk into the room?" it replied Yes. Even though, I hadn't seen it. Then we heard the front door slam open. We both screamed at the top of our lungs.

Luckily, it was just her boyfriend and our friend Corry. We were happy to see them, we had been so scared.

We decided to look for Maddie, because of what the board had told us only minutes earlier. We got outside and decided "Let's ask the board where she is!". Not even thinking it would possibility lie to us. It spelled out "gone". (Wow, big help.)

We did find out where she was though, safe and sound. We were filled with relief.

We all stopped using the Ouija board for a while. Only playing sparingly. We never got Paul again, unless Becca was with.

Me and Becca sometimes experience the same/similar things. She felt something touch her leg in the shower, I felt something touch my leg while I was in bed. I was also in the shower once and the shower rod completely fell out of no where. A basket in the bathroom also fell and broke a cup to pieces. The basket falling happened twice.

I now always feel like I'm being watched. I constantly am being touched while I'm in bed. My hair also gets tugged at my house and even at school when no one is behind me! Could this thing be following me?

The scariest experience for me however, was when I was physically attacked while trying to go to sleep. My first thought was that it was a dream. I quickly realized I was very much a wake. I couldn't move, like I was paralyzed. My first though was an incubus. I didn't feel like it was trying to have sex with me though. I tried to yell for my mother but I couldn't speak. What's really strange to me though is that I clearly heard specifically 3 buzzer noises going off out of my right ear. As if someone was pushing a game show button 3 times on the right side of me.

I told Becca this, she said the same thing happened to her. Buzzer and everything, but hers only went off twice. I have no proof if she was telling the truth or not, but I do believe her.

Just a few days ago, my mother said she woke up in the middle of the night because she heard someone walking in the room. She looked and said she saw a black outline of a person, not sure of male or female. She said in fear she yelled out "Jesus Christ" and then blinked and it was gone.

I'm kind of of worried. I don't particularly want to have encounters with entities, but I know how to handle them. My family doesn't. I also have a younger brother who is 3 and he doesn't seem to notice anything. Except for the "vampire" or "monster" in the closet, but what kid doesn't go through that? Aren't younger kids suppose to be sensitive to these things?

I haven't been hurt by what's in my house, except for the one attack. (Which hasn't happened again since saying a prayer and burning lavender or jasmine incense before go to bed).

I'm not sure who or what is in my home, but so far nothing to major has been happening. No one is getting hurt, and as long as it stays that way and only bothers me, I think I can get through it. If anything else happens I'll try to write another story (hopefully a much shorter one- sorry).

NOTE: The claims made by Becca, Maddie, and my mother can not be proven as true. I have also tried dowsing with a pendulum a few times, with no noticeable negative side affects.

Thank you for reading my long story:

-October

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, October, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

inlovewithdeath (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-22)
HEY october I'm karolina I'm 14 too I have a ouji board too I haven't used it since last year when a spirit said if I don't stop using it I will die a horified death burry the bored and the spirit will go away best of luck <3
bandet888 (86 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-09)
Strange Paul is inside Becca but tormenting Maddie. How can he torment Maddie when Maddie and Becca aren't together?
LilyDaisy513 (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-03)
It would seem that you nor Becca listened to Maddy about feeling an evil entity within Becca which you two know that she could be talking about Paul. There is such thing as a demon possession. The entity or entities that are following you and Becca must be dealt with. Paul being inside Becca is Wrong, he must be expelled from her and this world fast. It sort of reminds me of some episodes from paranormalstate.com. It isn't good. With him there she won't have much a social life with a boyfriend. Go to a priest,medium,or someone who knows how about to doing it. Here is something that might help when going to bed or falling asleep say "Good Night, Everyone" It has with me. Meditation, imagery, and prostection light also at night and during the day. Sorry So long.
cbcorysgirl (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-06)
I'm not sure if you are reading these comments anymore, but ouija boards are evil, no good spirits will communicate with you, you need to leave them alone and pray to God for protection and stop trying to instigate the devil.
Hoochler (1 stories) (263 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-07)
Tarot cards are also an occult means of divination. I do not have much experience with them, but I would steer you away from Tarot cards as well.

The method I sent you via e-mail is the only safe way that I personally know of to talk to a spirit that you know with certainty is good and has your best interests in mind.

I advise you to dispose of your Ouija board and Tarot cards. The pendulum can be used safely if you are careful and use it in a very directed manner as I explained in the e-mail.

There may be other ways to safely talk to spirits, but I do not know what they are and thus do not recommend them.

Also, it occurred to me that there are younger readers on this site that may be unfamiliar with the story of Pandora's box. For the record, I was trying to be funny and not actually recommending that such a box be made. For those who are curious, here is a quick rundown of the myth of Pandora and her box.

Http://www.spotsylvania.k12.va.us/sms/Student's%20Work/K%20Mohammed/Pandora's%20Box%20Myth.htm
October (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-07)
Thank you very much hoochler and you can expect an email from me, and thank you to everyone else as well.❤

And I have just wanted to talk to "any 'ole spirit" just for the experience, which now I obviously know was a very, very bad idea.

If you mean moving the planchette to "goodbye" everytime after using the board, yes, I did do this.

After a few sessions we would flip the planchette over everytime we would take our hands off of it. I haven't used the board for sometime now.

Do tarot cards fall into the category of Occult items? I have them, but not certain if they go along.

I haven't formally out loud told it to go away, but when it touches me I would tell it to stop, out loud and in my head sometimes. For a while it would stop, but sometimes it just doesn't.

SchizoSephy (74 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-07)
... Ouija boards... I would think that after a first bad experience you would learn from it and not risk it again.
I'm not trying to sound like a jerk. I'm sorry if you had taken what I said personally.
Lavender (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-06)
Hoochler gives you very good advice. Your intent in the use of any item is crucial in the outcome. A ouija board is not to be "played" with, it is a tool to be used with intent. You should be grounded and have your boundaries set when you begin, or you will be easily taken advantage of.

When I last tried the board with a friend that was giggly and, as it turns out, a wee bit drunk there was a creepy parasitic vibe directed toward her. I quickly terminated the session and told her to sober up. I actually don't think I have used a board since.

Surya, I have never heard of using sandlewood. Is it for cleansing? I burn sage, do they have the same properties?

Be safe October! 😐
Hoochler (1 stories) (263 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-06)
October,

In all the times you were using the Ouija board, did you close the Ouija session properly each time? Have you formally told whatever is bothering you to go away and leave alone forever, that it is no longer welcome in your home or life?

What were you hoping to accomplish by using a pendulum? It is my understanding that a pendulum can be a great tool to have a directed conversation with a specific spirit, but you don't mention any specific spirits that you like talking to in your story.

Do you have a specific spirit you are trying to talk to or are you just doing the old "Is anybody there who wants to talk?". If this is indeed what you are doing (asking any old spirit to talk) I have a suggestion... Take your Ouija board, your pendulum and any other occult tools you are using and put them in a wooden box that can be closed tightly.

Once all of these things are in the box, scribe the name PANDORA onto this box. That way, every time you want to reach for any of these occult divination tools that by your own admission you do not fully understand you will at least be reminded that each such session can be its own Pandora's box every time.

Sorry for the sarcasm, but you are playing with fire and it doesn't sound like you have learned many lessons even though you already have an unknown entity hanging around you who can touch you and sometimes causes bad things to happen. If you do not take steps to rid yourself of this entity, it may plague you for your entire life, and it may grow in power over time as it becomes accustomed to you. From what you describe of it so far, it sounds like it is most likely an incubus. Incubi do more than just have sex with people.

I don't put much stock in salt, incense or anything else if there is no concerted will that goes behind the use of such items. The items themselves have what power you are able to imbue them with through your force of will and proper use. If you do not fully understand the use of these extras, it is probably a good idea to stop using them and to start dealing with this entity with your reason and logic.

Talk out loud to this entity, tell it that it is no longer welcome. Tell it to leave you and your home forever, that you rescind all invitations that you ever gave it, both on purpose and by accident. Be sure to always be respectful but firm with this entity.

For ideas on how to get rid of your new friend, I suggest you read my story on this site (Unwelcome Ouija Visitor).

If you want a safe spirit to have directed pendulum conversations with, private message me and I will explain to you how anyone can attract a good spirit to themselves that they can have limitless constructive conversations with. Such a good spirit could probably answer questions about your naughty friend that is with you now, but most likely not banish the bad spirit outright. That will most likely be left as your task.

I suggest that you stop having undirected sessions with your Ouija board or pendulum to avoid this problem from becoming worse and involving more entities.

I wish you the best of luck in cleaning this up and the wisdom to know when to stop.

Hoochler
MissAnimeOtaku (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-06)
That sounds so scary! I too, played with a ouija board once with my friends on Halloween night, but thankfully, nothing happened. I'm sorry that's been happening to you. Have you thought of getting your house blessed? Maybe you should tell your mom what has been happening.
October (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-05)
The only reason why I'm using lavender and jasmine incense is because I read that it keeps negative spirits away.

As for dowsing a pendulum, I only tried it a few times. Nothing seemed to happen that was because of it, maybe it was? I didn't use a crystal either. I made one myself using a plastic thing that pointed down that does look like crystal. I wasn't even sure if I was getting correct responses because I felt like it was only telling me what I wanted it to say.

The reason why I tried it in the first place is because I have a very big interest in the paranormal, that's why I started using the ouija board in the first place. In the beginning I didn't know much about the consequences of using things I don't understand. Now I know better, and I'm still learing.

I haven't been attacked for a while now, but I hear bangs and my hair still gets pulled. I tried blessing my room (since that's where most activity is) with sea salt. It doesn't seem to have worked however.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-05)
I don't think I will say anymore, as you are only 14, but for your information different incense or shall I Say properties have different uses.
kwghost (1 stories) (40 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-05)
[at] surya well... I haven't learned much as I'm still 14 but yea thanks for the advise I hope to learn more... But it IS possible if they want to hide it so the owner can't use it to scare them away
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-05)
[at] kwghost: I don't think ghosts would hide incense, and if you knew anything about incense, you would know sandalwood is the most sacred, so not very good advise on your part. Just a bit of education lavender, jasmin, be it incense or oils, aid in sleep, relaxation that is probably why it has not helped. Sandalwood is used in a lot of rituals, and does help with ridding unwanted energies.
kwghost (1 stories) (40 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-05)
hello my friend I can see that you are going through a very tight process I can't help much though but to wish you good luck in escaping that ghost who might attack you... Who knows? One day you might just run out of supplies to burn and it may come back... One advise it to keep the stuff that you burn at seperate places and some in case of emergencies as the ghost might take the supplies and hide it somewhere else

-kwghost-
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-05)
My first question would be why are you burning lavender & Jasmin? Secondly you dowse a pendulum, what exactly for?

Try burning sandalwood, pure sandalwood, that is very important it must be pure, if possible try to get hold of red rolled sandalwood. Burn it throughout the property.

As for the dowsing of the pendulum, I would be interested to know what knowledge you have of crystals and the powers they carry and what they are used for.
StarGazed (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-05)
That does sound difficult. Could you talk to your mom about your experiences? Does she know about them? Since she saw the androgynous figure- she might believe you. You could also tell what you know about ghosts, since one of your concerns is that you think they don't know how to deal with them, and are afraid they could be harmed from it.

I would avoid using the ouija board anymore, though. Maybe properly bury it. I don't think that'll fix it completely, but it might help, since one of the spirits told you to. Yes, you have no proof they aren't lying, but the problem does seem to've started from it.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-05)
Wow, Sorry you have to go through that at a times with your friends with that ouija board but when ya'll use it that means that ya'll just open the portal to let this spirts out and the demons too.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: