You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: Through a Child's Eyes

Real Ghost Stories

Through a Child's Eyes

 

My mother, sister, nephew and I stopped on the side of the road, which happened to be at a family cemetery, so my mom could turn off her cell phone. This was on halloween night. My 2 year old nephew looked up at the grave yard and said "Nanny, there's three babies" and starts to open the car door. My mom asked him where and he pointed over toward a couple grave stones. He then started to motion for them to come to where he was, and said "come here babies lets play". Well, I was starting to get a little freaked out needless to say, but what really caused the hair to stand up on the back of my neck is when he looked at us and said "over there", and pointed straight to my grandmother's grave. Out of the blue, he said the nickname "PJ" (which is my brother, my nephew's daddy). My grandmother used to always call my brother PJ, never have we ever called him that and no way could that child have heard it anywhere, because no one ever calls my brother that but my grandma, and she passed away. At that moment my mother was like "Daylan, where did you hear that name" and he said her. He pointed at her grave and then said "I guess thats my daddy!". I burst out in tears and I know deep down in my heart, that child saw something that we couldn't.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

Zarfishan (1 stories) (1 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-01-18)
donna, I want a permission to upload this story can you please give me a reply by the way I know its been 12 years
princess123 (7 stories) (186 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-06)
Dear Donna,

That is a terrible story and indeed I feel like crying, my heart feels down.

But don't worry it will be alright,

From,
Princess123 x 😢
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-04)
Various leaders have said on countless occasions that we should be as children. Can you just imagine if we were all of that like mind? To innocently believe in what others would fault us for, without having to give reasons why. They just are. Thank you.
MCRlover1 (3 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-17)
Children are more sensitive to the supernatural than adults are. Traci is right children are too innocent to make up stories. That was heart wrenching
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-29)
Aww that is so so sad. You just made me emotional. 😢 thanks for sharing your story with us.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-03-08)
Oh yes, they see things more clearly than we want to believe. If only we could see through their eyes.
noono (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-02)
thats soooo sad I feel like cryin . that must have been
so sad
traci (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-02-02)
this story made my hair stand on the back of my neck and tears come to my eyes. I always get teary when I get spooked. I truly believe your story because children that young are too innocent to make up stories.
alexis (guest)
 
17 years ago (2006-11-14)
really cant wait to read more about this

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: