You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: How Many Ghost Do We Have?

Real Ghost Stories

How Many Ghost Do We Have?

 

My story really began seven years ago. When Jim my husband, and I brought our brick house. It didn't take much time before we started having things moved or just taken. Jim would just be watching TV and he'd yell out, that something just scratched him. I could watch the scratches grow deep red. We never saw a person until we decided to take out the windows in the dining room and put sliding glass doors going out to a 10x20 screened in sun room. We had it set up so we could even watch TV out there.

It was shortly after it was finished when I got a frantic call from Jim! He was telling me that he'd seen an old lady in our back yard, and she was in old time night clothes. But the wild part was yet to come. When he turned back toward the sliding glass door, she was in the house looking at him with a mean look on her face, because he had the door open. He watched her try and close the door. She managed to move it about five inches, when all the sudden she just disappeared. After he got his mind working again he got on the phone and called me. Now that is one of the ghosts.

One Saturday night when my granddaughter, who was about 5 then, wanted to play with her tea set. So I went into her bedroom, and started going through her toy box looking for the pot and a couple of more cups. Well someone about Ashlyns size was behind me. I guess I more felt her than saw her. I found the tea pot and handed it back to her and said but I couldn't find any more pieces. When I turned around, know one was behind me and Ashlyn was sitting in the family room with her grandpa at her little table. I asked her where she put the tea pot I found her. Jim said I hadn't got it for her yet. I told him the story without Ashlyn hearing. He said she hadn't left her seat, and he hadn't seen any tea pot.

The tea pot and a couple of missing tea cups showed up the next day after Ashlyn had gone home.

There is more to this story, but that will have to be another day, and another story.

Other hauntings by ghostmomma

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kansas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ghostmomma, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

StMikal (4 stories) (37 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-15)
wow. That's pretty damn spooky. My guess is that the old lady didn't want the house to be changed. May be that's why she came when the door was changed to a sliding door. You should check out the history of the house and see what you find. Now on to part two of this story lol
courtneyOMGG (12 stories) (179 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-08)
The elderly lady sure does sound like a ghost to me.
To have a full appriration appear to anyone for that long is definitely rare!
When I read the part about you seeing a girl who looked like your grandaughter, the first thing that came to my mind was a doppelganger. These are when you see someone who looks exactly, or very very close to someone you know, but it isn't really them.
Although if that is what it was, I'm not sure how you managed to give them the teacups.
If it was infact a being of a young girl, maybe she just wants to play the game with your grandaughter too.
By the sounds of it, neither of them are wanting to cause any harm.
Take care

C
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
15 years ago (2009-10-07)
cool story...I know it's a pain in the butt to have things missing...so the person behind you was another little girl or boy maybe?...maybe she/he wanted to play too!...it's funny that the older woman was upset about the door being open...can you just imagine her thinking the words,"were you born in a barn?"... 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: