You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Something Rushing Through My Flat

Real Ghost Stories

Something Rushing Through My Flat

 

Shortly before my 18th birthday, which was on the 11th February, on one night in particular, I was alone, all by myself in my flat. The front door was locked, as the last people who left had locked it behind, and I certainly was not going to leave it unlocked when I was going for a shower. About 3 or 4 minutes after I had gotten into the shower, the strangest thing happened. The front door, the locked front door, had flown open, and something had run through my door, or at least that is what it sounded like. I got out, and searched the flat twice, or maybe 3 times, but nothing and no-one was there. Around the same time as I heard the noise, another noise was heard, which sounded like someone rustling a plastic shopping bag, a common sound in my flat which is usually made by my father particularly!

No plastic bags or anything that could have caused the noise was there, so I locked the front door again, and continued with what I was doing. Some time after this incident, say about an hour or so, when I was reasonably shaken, people started throwing stuff around. The neighbours who live above are needless to say quite noisy at the best of times, but this noise was coming from inside my own flat.

So, to discuss and share my experience, I hope to gain a better understanding of what I experienced. I am a spiritual person, and at the same time quite a scientific one. So it is quite hard to come to a decision about what happened.

Other hauntings by tk421

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, tk421, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

nyarlathotepsama (1 stories) (43 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-19)
If it repeats then you might have a Benign Haunting, a term for a spirit or spirits that are either unaware of the residents or is non-threatening. I'm a skeptic so I'm only using my research into the supernatural that I do for my writing, I'm not expert but that is the term that seems to explain it best.

If anything changes however keep us updated.
tk421 (4 stories) (27 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-19)
Lol to fashionista, I'm a guy, and this flat was built in the 60s at best glance. Family haven't talked abotu strange things occuring here when they are alone. And I have been living here since 2006. To lotus, it only happened once, but its not my first experience in the flat, and to nyar I don't know what I felt. I was kind of shocked, and I kept seeing shaddows going into the kitchen?:s
nyarlathotepsama (1 stories) (43 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-19)
Did you feel threatened at all? From my research into the paranormal I've found that not all spirits are bad, they are like people in that respect. If you didn't feel a threat then I'd agree with DeviousAngel you should do some research into the history of your flat, you might be pleasantly surprised by what you find.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-18)
Sound like a resident to me like you say sound like a plastic bags maybe a grocey probly from a person not finish so rather finish before it died so they just come in a unlock the door and open with a foot or whatever and walking in if they own it and bring in bags in their hands and may had got kill and not finish put up away. Just my opion.
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-18)
i didn't mean to type "out" I meant to type "to" sorry! LOL! 😜

~~LSD~~
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-18)
So did this only happen once? If it did it's not residual. Maybe something passing through. I now it hard to be spiritual & also want a scientific logic out these things. Thanks for your story!

~~LSD~~
Fashionista777 (4 stories) (57 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-18)
You said that you were all alone in the flat, has anyone else in your family experienced anything while alone in the house? Also, how long have you been living in the flat before this occured? I'm just wondering; the age of the house itself usually has no connection to a haunting of the land. One more thing, are you a female or male? We recently went on a ghost tour at Catalina Island, where the tour guide said that a particular male ghost would watch the females of a certain home while they were dressing or taking a shower. Kinda gross to think that some ghosts can be perverts, just like humans! Anyway, good luck to you, God bless, and I hope you don't experience that again!
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-18)
It sounds to me like a possible residual haunting (events from previous tenants replayed). Is there anything the manager can tell you about the people who lived there before you?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: