You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Mother In Law Appears To Both

Real Ghost Stories

Mother In Law Appears To Both

 

I have been reading others stories here for some time and thought it about time to maybe share a few of my own, some of which include our late pets. Some will include or be my partners as he's had a few experiences himself even a couple we have shared and one of which I will share now.

A bit of background first. My mother in law passed away on 19 June 1996 from cancer. The event concerning her took place on 23rd June 1996, just a few days after my mother in law passed away from cancer. She had battled it on and off for 12 years, and as is the case with many people with cancer she eventually succumbed to it, the last few weeks/months being rather unpleasant, being painful for her to go through and the family to watch, as it invariably is.

As to what happened, my partner and I were about halfway to Bendigo with my grandmother (it was about 7:20am) when I saw a familiar female figure start to walk out from the pine trees on a private property. She headed towards the center of the road and stopped on the white line, looking directly at the car. She looked as she did when I first got to know her properly almost 2 years earlier. She then turned to head back to the side of the road reaching the gravel verge of the road and disappearing.

When we reached our destination, unpacked, and had coffee my partner and I got talking. He mentioned seeing his mother standing on the side of the road on the way up looking as she did when he was a child. You can imagine the jolt I got when he said this. I proceeded to tell him what I saw on the way up. Turns out he saw her only 5 minutes before I did.

We both believe that she showed herself to both of us separately so we would know who it was and to let us know she was fine and no longer in pain or suffering.

As a by the by my grandmother did overhear us speaking of this and scoffed at us. She was a non believer.

Other hauntings by Morticia1

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Morticia1, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

moravian (1 stories) (171 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-10)
On my previous post, meant to say "fine" rather than "dine".
moravian (1 stories) (171 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-10)
My father died at age 86 and appeared to my mother shortly after. He looked much younger and dine. He told her he was happy and that she had things yet to accomplish. Then he said he had other thingsto do and see and walked off and vanished.
Morticia1 (6 stories) (162 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-31)
Ooops Cassidy omitted to mention I had had a look at the photos. Mmmmmmmmmm interesting to say the least!
Morticia1 (6 stories) (162 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-31)
Cassidy my partner saw his mothers face as she was standing beside the roadside when he saw her. Being so long ago hes not able to remember whether she had any expression on her face just that she looked as she did when he was a child (hes male so has a memory like a sieve at times lol)

For me when I saw her not much later she was too far away to see any expression. I think for me it was more just showing that she was ok.
CassidyW84 (1 stories) (38 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-27)
I really enjoyed reading your story. Sometimes I think loved ones want to give us reassurance they are ok. I know when my dad passed away my mom (who had been divorced from my dad a couple of years but they still loved each other very much) said she went out to feed her dogs and she heard dad's voice say "Can you believe I made it here. You have to be strong for the kids now"She told me it wasn't just her thinking out loud she actually heard a voice. That made me feel really good when she told me about it... Did your mother in law have any facial expression?Happy,sad, at peace? I think it is great that both you and your partner saw her! I saw were you had posted on my story and I wanted to read some of yours:) I really liked reading this. Also responding to your comment on my page. I did finally get photos posted up. I am new to this site but it is great reading about others experiences such as yours. Thanks for sharing-
Morticia1 (6 stories) (162 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-20)
zzsgranny yes we agree. She thought to do so to make sure it was a personal thing. My partners relationship with his parents was up/down more so than most, though he was always closer to his mother than his father 😊
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-02-19)
Morticia: Thank-you so much for this story... These are my favorites!...I think your mother-in-law was saying good-bye, and the fact that she showed herself to both of you at different times and places says that she wanted it to be personal to each...

Moongrim:LOL! 😆...Thankfully, my husband loves my mom as his own... ❤
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-18)
You said your Grandmother is a nonbeliever sound like my family is nonbeliever too. I am an only one is believer. Also sound like she try tell ya'll she doing okay.:)
Morticia1 (6 stories) (162 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-18)
Fashionista and ty for the condolences. She has certainly left an impression on us 😊
Morticia1 (6 stories) (162 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-18)
Fashionista yes it was my grandmother though she knew and interacted with my mother in law as much as we did. The reason she scoffed was she was a non-believer in ghosts etc. She honestly believed ghost stories, real or fictional, were just that, stories.

And as I stated she passed away on 19 June '96 (Wednesday) and the sighting was 23 June '96 the following Sunday.

And yes it certainly was no delusion. She looked completely different to each of us 😊
Fashionista777 (4 stories) (57 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-18)
First I would like to say I'm sorry for you and your partner's loss, no matter how long ago it was, the death of a loved one is always painful.
You said your grandmother scoffed at you two for talking about this. Am I correct in assuming that it was YOUR grandmother, and she has no direct connection to your mother in law? If so, she was probably not meant to see her, as the goodbye was only meant for the both of you, and the fact that you both saw her separately would confirm that, and also confirm that it wasn't just your imagination, as how could your partner have the same delusion as you? Also, exactly how long after she had passed did you see her? Was it the same day, or several months later? Just wondering. God bless you all.
Morticia1 (6 stories) (162 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-18)
hobbyholly yes we're both very familiar with the area having known it all our lifes. And no shes never appeared to either of us again 😊

Moongrim we werent unnerved by it just a little startled as it was the first time either of us had actually seen a ghost. 😊
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-02-18)
I can understand anyone being unnerved by the appearance of a mother in law, living or dead.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-18)
Interesting account.

Are you familiar with the area? Did she ever appear to you or your partner again?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: