You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Man's Name Was Raymond

Real Ghost Stories

The Man's Name Was Raymond

 

This happened over thirty years ago in my hometown of cadillac, michigan yet I remember it like it was yesterday. For the first 17 years of my life my family lived in the largest house on our block and I'm not sure but I think it was one of the first in cadillac, which was an old logging town when it started I believe in the late 1800's or early 1900's.

The first real sign I remember was a day when I was about 6 or 7, the whole family, mom, dad, brother and myself had walked to the store to pick up a few things we needed around the house. One of those items were razors for my dad. When we returned home from the store and was unpacking the grocery bags mom and dad could not find the razors anywhere in the house. Mom even called the store to see if we had left them at the checkout and they said no. So we all walked back to the store to get more razors. Upon returning home, there in the middle of a cleaned off kitchen table was my dads razors that we looked everywhere for. As a kid I didn't think much of it at the time, after all things were always coming up missing around the house.

A few years later mom and dad were having friends over for card night and it was getting late and mom told me to go get ready for bed so I went and headed for the stairs that led up to my bedroom, I went down the hallway and turned the corner and headed up the stairs, when I was only 3 or 4 steps up something caught my eye and I looked up just in time to see the figure of an older man wearing what I think looked like 1920's or 30's attire, walk out of the upstairs bedroom and move down the hallway towards my room. Naturally I was frighted and returned to mom and dad and told them what I had seen.

I honestly don't remember their reaction or many strange happenings after that. Several years later when I was a teenager mom told me that she and some of her friends had brought a ouija board into the house and it revealed the ghosts name to be raymond. Whenever mom and I misplace something around our houses we still joke and blame it on raymond.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, louis7300, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-21)
A classic example of a non malevolent haunting! So was this haunting elevated after the use of the ouija board? The house you lived in was there a family that lived in it before?

Thank you for sharing.

Dan

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: